Can you find friends and / or a quality man on Grindr?

C0CKy

I think you can make connections where ever - regardless of what the app is for. Much like more organic connections (offline), you have to use your intuition and filters to make solid, meaningful connections. All about the mindset, staying true to your values, and listening to yourself. =D 

• Love 3

Oh well, I kinda met my husband on Grindr. We had our first conversation on the app, exchanged numbers and everything, but never met in person and stopped texting each other.  6/7 months later we had a match on tinder and decided to meet in person for the first time after few weeks talking to each other and here we are, we celebrated our first wedding anniversary on June 25th.

#lovewins 

• Love 4

I never really trusted Grindr (Many bad experience hooking up and talking to guys), Back in my university days I used It because I didn’t have a care in world aka single AF. I did have my moments of where I got over it and deleted it! growing up I awkward chubby kid, I never got attention but that all changed when I lost weight and gained confidence, I was getting guys that were never interested in me before. During my last year of College, I had given up on looking for anyone or anything (meaning relationship) I got off Grindr and started using jack’d... a guy hit me up and we started talking and we had a connection. flash forward to today I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 7 years, no ring yet but I’m okay with that... for now! It’s crazy to believe he only lived 15 minutes away from me but if it wasn’t from an app like that I would’ve never met him.

With apps like Grindr, I would take it with a grain of salt because you never know peoples intentions. If your going to use the app don’t go in expecting a relationship or friends just go with the flow (not saying you need to hook up).  I’ve always thought if a relationship is to happen it will come you unexpectedly, don’t go looking for it.

on the flip side my mentality was if your using this app and the person is VERY attractive something is wrong with them. plus 9 times of our of 10 the guy is looking for a hook up. Good luck, 👍 

SkinnyGratefulLiger-size_restricted.gif

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, C0CKy said:

That’s kinda what I figured. Basically just for hookups. If Grindr is worse than what I get on Facebook Messenger then I’ll pass. :ipass:
XDRC0Ek.jpg
xAWu07b.jpg

Imagine having the coin to ask for sweaty boxers and socks. Imagine asking for someone’s sweaty boxers and socks :gloriascary: I’m all for people doing their thing, but some of these people have no shame :haha:

• Haha 4
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

My advice to you is to never install that cancer app, it will make you miserable.

99% of the community wants *** exclusively, it is extremely shallow and superficial and it makes people behave horribly. You' ll get catfished, ignored, lied to, even threatened tbh. 

If you want a higher chance for a date, I'd go for Tinder. That's where me and my now bf met :mhmnod:

• Love 4

All I find on Grindr and similar apps are 130 y.o. who never stop messeging you. And the actual geniune guys do not want anything with you haha

Tbh I know that I'm 16 but I've searched on the internet and the age of consent here is 16 and over, even if those apps are 18+, but i don't care (idk, ***** teen things haha), but still there are so many weird people on those apps, like a few times has happened to me that someone random sends me their location and they say that i have to go there, like no honey I ain't gonna live

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Theo04t said:

All I find on Grindr and similar apps are 130 y.o. who never stop messeging you. And the actual geniune guys do not want anything with you haha

Tbh I know that I'm 16 but I've searched on the internet and the age of consent here is 16 and over, even if those apps are 18+, but i don't care (idk, ***** teen things haha), but still there are so many weird people on those apps, like a few times has happened to me that someone random sends me their location and they say that i have to go there, like no honey I ain't gonna live

This website is Way Better then any of those Grindr thingy ... You can find a Good friends in here and some Hotties also 😂😉

So don't give up fellas ... 😝

3bP8.gif

• Haha 5
13 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Imagine having the coin to ask for sweaty boxers and socks. Imagine asking for someone’s sweaty boxers and socks :gloriascary: I’m all for people doing their thing, but some of these people have no shame :haha:

I may or may not have taken him up on the offer. :explainlol:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I've never used Grindr so I can't really attest to it but what I've heard sounds like what the people in this thread have already said.

If you're looking for platonic friendships in a new town there's a platonic version of the dating app Bumble, called Bumble BFF! (also haven't used it, but I know some people who have)

but if you're specifically looking for friendships with other gay guys that might turn into something more, I guess Tinder would be your best bet, just say you're looking for friends/dating in your bio

• Love 2
On 7/17/2020 at 9:05 AM, BUWYGF said:

My advice to you is to never install that cancer app, it will make you miserable.

99% of the community wants *** exclusively, it is extremely shallow and superficial and it makes people behave horribly. You' ll get catfished, ignored, lied to, even threatened tbh. 

If you want a higher chance for a date, I'd go for Tinder. That's where me and my now bf met :mhmnod:

I thought tinder is grindr for straight people :mhmnod:  

but what do  people expect from grindr though? it is what it is... lol. it's all about ***, so people will be superficial. it's meat market 

• Super Mods
13 minutes ago, portrait said:

I thought tinder is grindr for straight people :mhmnod:  

but what do  people expect from grindr though? it is what it is... lol. it's all about ***, so people will be superficial. it's meat market 

Nah Tinder offers gay search too, you just insert that you're interested in men and it matches you. As far as grindr goes, you're right tbh, everyone should install that app with lowest expectations. Users there are sublife :orangu:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block