Can you find friends and / or a quality man on Grindr?

C0CKy

I’ve never used Grindr because I’ve always felt like people on there were only looking for one thing. And also because I’ve always been in relationships since the app came out. I’ve recently moved to a new state and basically the only person I know here is my (now ex) who wants me back but also just told me he has a baby on the way. :qtbrit:

My question is — is it possible to use Grindr as a social networking app for friends?  Are people on there respectful of those intentions? 

Also, if I eventually want to start looking for a relationship is it possible to find a quality man on there?  By quality man I mean someone who believes in monogamy and isn’t too promiscuous. And I’m not **** shaming — promiscuous men are just more likely to cheat in my experience. And that’s a deal breaker. 

Tell me about your experiences on there cuz I’m bored and curious.  grindr.jpg.21c8373f860e8bc96d4fa8e9100a4111.jpg

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, Towelney said:

The h0es walking to this thread:
Fashion Beauty GIF by PLAYMOBIL

Reveal hidden contents

I’m joking plz don’t take offense :makeup: 

Edit: Jokes aside, I think your best bet would be to go on Tinder. :)

Do you have any experience on there you’d like to share with the class? :chrissy:

• Haha 1

So, when I went on clinicals, I actually had 3 rotations in 3 different states in areas I never lived before. I made pretty much all my friends (just friends for real) in those area from Grindr and only saw a real life peacock once or twice  in real life. Like @ColdAsFire88 said, it really is the way you present yourself. Are you showing hole or are you not showing hole?

And in my experience, people seem to like to swipe on tinder but not actually talk or meet from there. 

PS congrats on becoming a step-father!

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

It all depends...if you post a thirst trap picture then you are gonna get thirsty men :oprah: I have found  some friends on there, but the funny thing was that they had other intentions :explainlol: Don’t play mind games and let guys know what your intentions are. I ended up deleting grindr though :janet:

Yeah, I kinda feel like this reinforces that it’s not for me. Almost all my friends have had ulterior motives. 

27 minutes ago, VCTR said:

So, when I went on clinicals, I actually had 3 rotations in 3 different states in areas I never lived before. I made pretty much all my friends (just friends for real) in those area from Grindr and only saw a real life peacock once or twice  in real life. Like @ColdAsFire88 said, it really is the way you present yourself. Are you showing hole or are you not showing hole?

And in my experience, people seem to like to swipe on tinder but not actually talk or meet from there. 

PS congrats on becoming a step-father!

Interesting. And they never tried to push for anything but friendship? I would definitely not be showing hole 😂

16 minutes ago, C0CKy said:

Interesting. And they never tried to push for anything but friendship? I would definitely not be showing hole 😂

Sometimes but I’m pretty good about shutting that down real fast. I’m also told that sometimes I come off intimidating in person and guys don’t try it till I make the first move. 

You’d be proud of me over the guy I was supposed go on a date with. He wouldn’t sign the White House Britney petition cause he didn’t believe in free Britney so I called that off. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Mods

I actually had that happened to me when I realize our “hangout” was actually a date that ended awkwardly. Sometimes when they joke about your 70’s ****o mustache...maybe it is perfectly sane to think more into it than a harmless joke. :awks: (don’t worry guys, I didn’t get *****. I mistakenly thought he was just being a friendly nice guy) 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, VCTR said:

Sometimes but I’m pretty good about shutting that down real fast. I’m also told that sometimes I come off intimidating in person and guys don’t try it till I make the first move. 

You’d be proud of me over the guy I was supposed go on a date with. He wouldn’t sign the White House Britney petition cause he didn’t believe in free Britney so I called that off. 

Beauty can be very intimidating.  
You’re my hero for cancelling that date. :mimiclap:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I actually had that happened to me when I realize our “hangout” was actually a date that ended awkwardly. Sometimes when they joke about your 70’s ****o mustache...maybe it is perfectly sane to think more into it than a harmless joke. :awks: (don’t worry guys, I didn’t get *****. I mistakenly thought he was just being a friendly nice guy) 

Oh my.

I’m glad you made it out alright.  :omggg:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
34 minutes ago, C0CKy said:

Oh my.

I’m glad you made it out alright.  :omggg:

Lol that’s what all my friends say and I’m like was I really that close to becoming a subject on dateline? I never really thought it was that serious as I reject his advances and he took it very well. My friends thought I was being too naive, they were like “and it didn’t occur to you that it was a date when you guys met in the Castro? The most gayest area?” 

Me:Oh I see it now :decisions:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

In my experience Grindr is not the place to find friends.

I lost count of how many "friends" Ive made on Grindr who subsequently got annoyed at me for not doing "stuff" with them (and then cut off our "friendships") :gloria:

Maybe I just used to be naive but I genuinely thought people were being friendly to make friends :fruit:

Other things Ive encountered often on Grindr:

People using outdated pics of themselves to look younger/fitter

People not respecting sixual boundaries. Like even if you tell them what youre willing to do and what not, theyll pester you and then get annoyed at you for not giving in to them

Lots of old creeps

Weirdos without profile pics demanding noods

Super snobby young gays (18-22, keep away from that age bracket lol)

Tons of pretentious gays with no intention of looking for a real relationship or being monogamous writing "very monogamous, looking for a real relationship, dont do hookups" :gloria:

Old guys who send pictures of money to prove to you how much theyre willing to pay you

Advertisements for massages are NOT actual massages (apparently) 😅

Very few genuine good people.

Thats why I havnt been on it in a couple of years

Id keep away. Go to a gay bar to meet someone, its the most thrilling and exciting and genuine real way :-)

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 6
34 minutes ago, DonoDotto said:

In my experience Grindr is not the place to find friends.

I lost count of how many "friends" Ive made on Grindr who subsequently got annoyed at me for not doing "stuff" with them (and then cut off our "friendships") :gloria:

Maybe I just used to be naive but I genuinely thought people were being friendly to make friends :fruit:

Other things Ive encountered often on Grindr:

People using outdated pics of themselves to look younger/fitter

People not respecting sixual boundaries. Like even if you tell them what youre willing to do and what not, theyll pester you and then get annoyed at you for not giving in to them

Lots of old creeps

Weirdos without profile pics demanding noods

Super snobby young gays (18-22, keep away from that age bracket lol)

Tons of pretentious gays with no intention of looking for a real relationship or being monogamous writing "very monogamous, looking for a real relationship, dont do hookups" :gloria:

Old guys who send pictures of money to prove to you how much theyre willing to pay you

Advertisements for massages are NOT actual massages (apparently) 😅

Very few genuine good people.

Thats why I havnt been on it in a couple of years

Id keep away. Go to a gay bar to meet someone, its the most thrilling and exciting and genuine real way :-)

Yikes. I’m sufficiently terrified. 
I think I’ll pass on Grindr. :ipass:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block