Katy Perry says "Passenger" on Britney Jean is her favorite song that she gave away

Katy Perry reveals "Passenger," a song that landed on Britney Spears' eighth studio album, Britney Jean, was her favorite song that she wrote but gave to another singer. :cheese:

"Passenger" was initially intended for her 3rd studio album, 2013's Prism.

"I loved when Britney did 'Passenger,' which is a song I wrote with Sia and Diplo a long time ago... I liked that song. It's a song about control and letting go... which is a constant message I have to tell myself all the time because I'm a control freak, and in these times I'm just spiraling."  

She also mentions Kelly Clarkson's "I Do Not Hookup" and a Selena Gomez track. 

The demo:

passenger.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She trynna be friends like we forgot? 

Passenger was one of the best on Myah marie jean honestly. 

Soooo thats where the bad blood is  Britney put it on Bertha Jane and never did anything with the song 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Itachi said:

"i love when Britney did "Passenger" which is a song I wrote with Sia and Diplo a long time ago"

:uknowit:

but yeah Katy glad you acknowledged the song. we're still waiting for the apology :xcuseme:

I think this just further confirms the fallacy that Britney co wrote all songs on her most personal album :yesokay:

• Haha 6
  • Like 3

I don't know if this is too conspiracy but I wonder if Britney refused to try / do the vocals on Passenger because of the lyrics and subject matter of the song. Clearly britney loves songs about control and in terms of the c-ship, it's a slap in the face.

It's the only Britney song I don't even have in my library. I hate it so much. I wish Katy did just keep it. 

I love Katy's version, it definitely suited her. I too struggle with "Britney"'s version, as good as it is, due to the fact it isn't her. :parisok:

Also, I don't care if Katy apologizes for the mental health remarks as I personally don't see them as digs at Britney at all - I see them as her relating her own hidden struggles. And if we're being real for a second, Britney probably never actually heard about said remarks and even if she did, I doubt she gives a ****. :cheese:

• Like 6
  • Community Curators
12 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not surprised the ultimate clown gave up the worst song Britney has ever recorded :haha: I wish she had kept it for herself and Britney would’ve had an even more immaculate discography :mcry:

"Passenger" is my least favorite song that Britney has ever released 

• Haha 2