Alanis opens up about Postpartum depression

Spicechinodiva

We talk about mental health openly,  but there is one form of mental health that's still rarely discussed, Postpartum depression. 

The statistics are very scary one in 7 women will actually get this. 

Alanis Morissette always mentally prepares herself,  but sadly it always comes back. From what I understand once you have postpartum depression,  every pregnancy you go through it always comes back. No matter how many times Alanis suffers from it, she will always go through it, as her love for her children.

Ever, Onyx and winter,  plus the love of her husband American rapper Soul eye is her strength to carry through this horrible disease. 

Unfortunately thx to Alanis mentioning that she went thru it a third time, a reporter for daily blast live is actually scared that she will have a worse case again,  due to a new pregnancy. 

One of the new songs from her upcoming Ninth studio album (Seventh global studio album) such pretty forks in the road is called Diagnosis, and It's about Postpartum depression and lyrically it touches it dead on. 

From the opening lines.

"CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT

COS I DON'T EVEN CARE ANYMORE "

from very in advance early reviews The upcoming album is very piano and strings driven and very dark lyrically.

The Reckoning ep that came out this past Friday proves how dark and personal she's getting. 

Here's diagnosis..

I really do expect this project to get her best reviews since jagged little pill for it's raw honesty on addiction, motherhood and life in general..

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mum went through PPD when she had me. She says even to this day its one of the lowest points of her life.

I am glad Alanis is spreading awareness, its not something that's spoken about alot. People tend to focus solely on the baby and forget the mother and, women that suffer with PPD often get called bad mothers because lack of education

Archived