Time to introduce breatheheavy to Dannii Minogue

Spicechinodiva

Born three years after Kylie was Danielle (Dannii) Minogue. 

Technically thx To a kids show in Australia Dannii was the bigger star before Neighbours and Charlene happened. 

Just like Kylie,  Dannii was signed to Mushroom records, Though she didn't went to PWL like her older sister did, she signed with MCA Records. 

Her debut album Love and Kisses was a new jack swing R&B American influenced pop album. I'll share the videos. Can't stream the album stateside, despite MCA issuing the album in the USA. 

Dannii doing a Janet Jackson medley on young talent time.

Then in 1991 Love and kisses became a huge hit in Australia and the UK for the younger Minogue,  unlike Kylie dannii could actually dance. 

One thing both Kylie and Dannii are infamous for is taking a well known American hit, and actually having it the most successful version.

Baby love was a huge Freestyle club hit in the US, Produced by Madonna hit maker Stephen Bray for Regina, dannii covered it but steve Hurley remixed it for its single version and Dannii saw a second UK top ten. 

The video uses early 90s European pop video inspiration of high end fashion sets from clothes and the aesthetic. 

FYI, Vibeology video by Paula Abdul took it's inspiration from the video. 

Two years she followed the UK Certified Gold top ten debut album with 1993's Get into you, a more mature and sensual side of Dannii emerged especially in the photos with her topless arms covering the areas posing around hot shirtless guys, it's also at this time she Married Australian actor Julian, who us in the US remember him as Cole from Charmed. paige matthews GIF

She launched the album with another cover, This is it.

Album's hidden Gem tonight's Temptation 

"You make me want to move my body to yours"

Fast forward to 1997, she's a single woman, posed Nude for the Australian edition of Playboy (her issue is the most successful issue of the Aussie edition) dies her hair blond, releases Girl, a club dance oriented album, While the album under performed (in its original release) the singles were huge hits, And she became a club queen in the UK, and the album is her most critically acclaimed album to date.

Interesting fact. Warner music and Rhino released Girl and Neon nights in a 2 cd Deluxe edition sets, Girl had to be reprinted twice due to selling out each limited edition,  due to her stint as a judge. on the X factor UK.

Dannii unlike Kylie always Reinvented her image to match her sound..

The highly acclaimed fan favorite gem came courtesy to Disrembrance 

Fast forward to 2001 she has a new look and a banging tune to match it, Riva and Dannii's Who do you love now Became a huge hit for her again. 

In 2003, she issued her most successful album to date, the Club oriented 80s inspired Neon nights, she launched it with her most ******** laced track yet,  Put the needle on it,  You guessed it Needle is metaphor for *****, And the line 

"DIRTY HANDS, I DEMAND" IS ICONIC IN GAY CLUB CULTURE 

She followed that With I begin to Wonder,  which is her highest charting single on The OCC #2, she came this close to a #1 single in the UK. 

For the first time in her career Madonna authorized her music to be sampled,  thus In a legal Bootleg mashup, Don't wanna lose this groove was issued as the final single, dubbed Dannii vs. MADONNA. 

So dannii issued a fifth album appropriately tiled Club Disco, instead of offering a physical cd, Dannii knew the market like a businesswoman and issued it as a Digital album, however Australia has a 2 CD set containing the album and a disc of club remixes. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Archived