Did The Fame really bring back dance music to the charts?

Aymama

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yes but blackout was the main inspiration of Fame. Even Gaga said the album was inspired by blackout.

Blackout did bring back dance and edm music to the charts but The fame re-inforced it and spearheaded the dominance

When and where did she said that? I want receipts:parisok:

Um no dance music was already a trend long before blackout...not to mention, artists/producers like paris hilton, timbaland, sean garrett, nelly furtado, scott storch, jt, rihanna, chris brown, space cowboy, etc. (to name a few) were already working on that electro-dub sound prior to blackout....what britney influenced and impacted however was spearheading the teen-pop movement, popularizing that iconic bubblegum pop max-martin sound with haunting melodies, inventing the good-girl-gone-bad lolita persona, intertwining mysticism with pop (itz/gh:mp/chaotic era) and being one of the first ever female pop artists to work with pharrell in 2001 before it became a trend.

also if we’re going to get technical, i’d argue and say bep’s ‘the end’ and kesha’s debut era really put electropop to the forefront and on the map. gaga as well but mainly for bringing extravaganza outfits / visuals / theatrics to pop at a time when the industry was feeling dull and monotonous.

Archived