Nude photos scandals from the past that had severe consequences

Spicechinodiva

I remember reading an article where people where putting to shame that Alanis did dance pop music in her early days, to where she replied.

"I've got nothing to hide or be ashamed of, it's not like I posed for Playboy".

Now while in today's standards it's acceptable,  But in the conservative times in the 80s and 90s scandals i.e. nude photos that acts did do to make money Like Madonna,  Vanessa Williams and Geri Halliwell of the Spice girls did this just so they can eat or pay rent as a struggling act or artists, thinking this won't get out. 

Unfortunately it did and it caused a huge uproar. 

First Scandal Gay icon Vanessa Williams. 

Vanessa Williams GIF

We love her as Wilhelmina on ugly Betty and Desperate housewives..

But in 1983, A then unknown Vanessa Williams made history as the first African American to win Miss America, which was historic and groundbreaking at the time. 

Unfortunately Penthouse purchased ***** of her and made an issue, with her on the cover, The controversy was quick and swift and unfortunately Miss America stripped her of her title and it went to a White woman that had zero scandals, almost 30 years later since it happened. 

The organization apologized to Vanessa Williams, but they didn't give her titke back. 

Madonna like a virgin madonna GIF

The hottest popstar deemed sexpot, Also hit a huge nude photo scandal when Penthouse and Playboy did ***** with Madonna on the cover. 

Playboy subject title Madonna: Unlike a Virgin. 

Madonna handled it differently when she appeared on the New york post with the headline. 

Madonna on Nude pix: So what!!!.

Madonna comnented this in 2009 on rolling stone:

" That was the first Time I was aware of saying "Fu#K you" with my attitude.  You're trying to put me down because of this? I'm not going to let public opinion dictate  my own feelings about myself. I'm not going to apologize for anything I've done". 

Then the third and final biggest scandal  is Spice Girl Geri "Ginger Spice " Halliwell. 

spice girls seafood GIF

Geri took nude photos before she became famous in 1992, but in 1997 Playboy put her on the cover using her infamous Brit awards performance with the subject title Geri: Spice it up, sadly as An editor of Rolling Stone magazine  described to the media after this came out.

"GERI was the first of the Spice girls to be portrayed as Smutty Spice"

But it was worse as her girl group looked down on her cos this scandal took a huge hit on their pre teen and mom approved image, Mel B, and Victoria basically bullied her to a constant and it took a toll on Geri,  Melanie C said that Geri would cry everytime this was brought up in group meetings,  she wanted the joke where Victoria said in the infamous Malcolm scene that she could take her top off removed but she lost that battle. 

While the girls moved on from this, This was also a huge factor in Geri leaving cos they held her to a different standard then the other four, especially when Simon Fuller was fired and Mel B took the reins of calling the shots. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

I would say Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical cause:

her pics leaked at the height of HSM back in 2007 and that almost cost her her role cause Disney wanted to replace her with someone else

This. This is really the only one I remember besides that iCloud hack leak for Jennifer Lawrence and others. I'm glad it's not a big deal nowadays. Who doesn't take nude photos? :idkney:

20 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I would say Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical cause:

her pics leaked at the height of HSM back in 2007 and that almost cost her her role cause Disney wanted to replace her with someone else

yes i remember this so well and i was only 8 when it happened. 

Miley's scandalous vanity fair photo was nothing compared to this but they gave her so much **** for it :badthoughts:

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

yes i remember this so well and i was only 8 when it happened. 

Miley's scandalous vanity fair photo was nothing compared to this but they gave her so much **** for it :badthoughts:

Oh yeah I remember the vanity fair photo.

It was such a big controversy and parents went into an uproar.

However I do see why they did cause she was a minor at the time and was being sexualized.

Idk why they were so shocked when Britney's first rolling stone cover was WAY more ****** and disturbing

1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Oh yeah I remember the vanity fair photo.

It was such a big controversy and parents went into an uproar.

However I do see why they did cause she was a minor at the time and was being sexualized.

Idk why they were so shocked when Britney's first rolling stone cover was WAY more ****** and disturbing

Yes i remember my mom was iffy about me stanning Miley so much as a kid 

• Super Mods
7 minutes ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

YESS i finished all 3 seasons already :miley: now i need to rewatch season 4 Hannah Montana Forever

I remember going to the theater to see Hannah Montana the movie when i was 10 

Me too!

I just saw the movie a few weeks ago and its still good.

do u have a fave season from the show?

I like season 2 and 3

8 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Me too!

I just saw the movie a few weeks ago and its still good.

do u have a fave season from the show?

I like season 2 and 3

Season 1 and 2 are my favorite because i remember them so well i guess.

I had so much Hannah Montana merch and i had a hannah montana birthday party.

She was my idol as a little kid haha 

Archived