Britney NEEDS the conservatorship!!! (opinion)

6 minutes ago, Applejack said:

did you forget britney and jamie were never close because of all the **** he did to her and she said to court she didn't want him as conservator :badthoughts:

the moment they all conspired to throw her into a cship, no one was having good intentions there :umok:

when as soon as the cship was enacted and she was okay again and working like nothing happened, no one was having good intentions there

whatyou mean is "thinking they were doing the right thing" the same way trump must think everything he does is the right thing

So what do you think is the right thing?  Let Sam continue to be her manager?  Let Britney end up losing her kids to the state after her booking for hit and run?  I mean, SOMETHING had to be done and I think we all agree on that.  I just feel that it's better that her father did something before the children get taken by the state and/or Britney end up in jail or dead.  IDK.  There are SO MANY mysteries still surrounding things.  We do not know enough information.  It's like we are all the jury to a trial where we have the charges read and little news clips here and there to go by.  I still feel like Jamie HAD to do something as a father and if he didn't do anything then who knows where all of that would have lead?  I think the conservatorship needs to end, though.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

So what do you think is the right thing?  Let Sam continue to be her manager?  Let Britney end up losing her kids to the state after her booking for hit and run?  I mean, SOMETHING had to be done and I think we all agree on that.  I just feel that it's better that her father did something before the children get taken by the state and/or Britney end up in jail or dead.  IDK.  There are SO MANY mysteries still surrounding things.  We do not know enough information.  It's like we are all the jury to a trial where we have the charges read and little news clips here and there to go by.  I still feel like Jamie HAD to do something as a father and if he didn't do anything then who knows where all of that would have lead?  I think the conservatorship needs to end, though.  

Sam... You don't treat the guy that did all that stuff on their daughter the way Lynne and Jamie did from October to January (or from whenever they met him). Especially the guy who brought you and your daughter together again

Why this insistence on Jamie? Britney didn't want Jamie. Lynne was the one there first for the "intervention". Lynne was good to Lutfi for all that time. When Britney was declared gravely disabled in the second 5150, Lutfi, Lynne and Jamie were loudly arguing on who was going to be her guardian inside the hospital. Lutfi left to get Britney's clothes while Jamie was awarded the guardian moniker. Really scary stuff for Jamie indeed.

I'm not arguing about the cship or mad at anything. Just trying to discuss what really happened.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

I don’t think it’s necessarily about hating Jamie, but maybe being disappointed in the way that he’s led this conservatorship. As @jordeezy said in their post, it’s clear Britney needed some kind of intervention. And as they said, it should’ve been about addressing the root causes of her pain, depression, stress, or whatever else may have been a contributing factor. Britney’s mental/spiritual/physical health should have been the primary focus of the conservatorship. Sure, Britney’s professional brand/identity needed recovery, but it shouldn’t have come at the expense or in second to her own personal recovery.

In all fairness to Jamie. What if  Britney doesn’t  want help. You can help someone who doesn’t want to help themselves.

Have any of you tried helping someone you know is struggling but they wont admit they have a problem.?  It’s  extremely  difficult , frustrating and very  sad to see someone you care about self destruct.  

At the end of the day, none of us know really know what’s going on with Britney. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Sam... You don't treat the guy that did all that stuff on their daughter the way Lynne and Jamie did from October to January (or from whenever they met him). Especially the guy who brought you and your daughter together again

Why this insistence on Jamie? Britney didn't want Jamie. Lynne was the one there first for the "intervention". Lynne was good to Lutfi for all that time. When Britney was declared gravely disabled in the second 5150, Lutfi, Lynne and Jamie were loudly arguing on who was going to be her guardian inside the hospital. Lutfi left to get Britney's clothes while Jamie was awarded the guardian moniker. Really scary stuff for Jamie indeed.

I'm not arguing about the cship or mad at anything. Just trying to discuss what really happened.

So are you saying that Lynne was siding with Sam Lutfi over Jamie, or are you saying that all 3 of them each wanted the role as conservator?  I remember precisely that Lynne was praising Jamie for taking on that role.  

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Just Because said:

In all fairness to Jamie. What if  Britney doesn’t  want help. You can help someone who doesn’t want to help themselves.

Have any of you tried helping someone you know is struggling but they wont admit they have a problem.?  It’s  extremely  difficult , frustrating and very  sad to see someone you care about self destruct.  

At the end of the day, none of us know really know what’s going on with Britney. 

If Britney doesn’t want help, then the C-Ship should be dissolved...

After 12 years of living a filtered life, I’d imagine Britney just wants to live life on her terms. Maybe she’d bring back her life coach Strawberry or move to Louisiana or fight for custody of her kids and move to Hawaii or do any number of things. As a 38 year old woman, she should at least be able to make those decisions. And she won’t have to make them by herself... If she was able to set up her own trust (with help) in 2004 and the fact she tried to hire her own legal defense and the fact she can work and earn multi-millions at least demonstrates she capable to make decisions.

And yes, it’s true that we don’t know the exact medical history or diagnosis, nor should we. What we do know is the Jamie claimed his own 26 year old daughter had dementia and an undisclosed mental health condition. And the latter doesn’t appear to be improving even with the “help” of Jamie or the conservatorship.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Just Because said:

I think how you define "help" is very important.  It is obvious that Britney was compliant with the conservatorship once it went into effect.  She even went on tour and allegedly was expecting it to end after the Circus tour.  I think the conservatorship situation helped her through that time and from there it would have been the time to let go a little.  People are allowed to refuse help if they don't want it.  At what point does it go from "helping" someone to "holding them hostage"?

21 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

So are you saying that Lynne was siding with Sam Lutfi over Jamie, or are you saying that all 3 of them each wanted the role as conservator?  I remember precisely that Lynne was praising Jamie for taking on that role.  

Remember the one who we think was the one who engineered the conservatorship? Lou?

Lynne knew Lou since 2006. I don't have the proof right now but I think Lutfi had something to do with Lou, he knew her, maybe through Lynne herself? IDK.

But why Lou (or the lawyers?) wanted Jamie as conservator? Bryan was involved in the cship early process and he usually would follow Britney on tours, so I feel like he would be the best choice (but maybe he was doing something else at that time). Lynne was the non-abusive mother (but maybe she was too occupied with JL?).

After Jamie was conservator, Lynne said that Sam drugged her daughter and was isolating and abusing her and got a restraining order on him (funny no one pressed charges on him and they were super okay hanging out with him after that episode). Him and Adnan were the only casualties at first. Sam didn't really manage her finances, that was Howard Grossman's job (Britney's business manager at the time). He got gutted by Jamie because he bailed Britney out of the conservatorship rules on the hide a few times (driving car and having a bit of money). Brett stayed, Larry kinda stayed (he had came back in 2007, wasn't it? Then he was fired again. Then returned in 2008)

It feels natural that Lynne would praise Jamie after all that tbh.

I'm not really sure of anything, who was on who side. Just speculating here. Because for me it was always a very weird situation with everything we knew. The jigsaws never fit together

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Remember the one who we think was the one who engineered the conservatorship? Lou?

Lynne knew Lou since 2006. I don't have the proof right now but I think Lutfi had something to do with Lou, he knew her, maybe through Lynne herself? IDK.

But why Lou (or the lawyers?) wanted Jamie as conservator? Bryan was involved in the cship early process and he usually would follow Britney on tours, so I feel like he would be the best choice (but maybe he was doing something else at that time). Lynne was the non-abusive mother (but maybe she was too occupied with JL?).

After Jamie was conservator, Lynne said that Sam drugged her daughter and was isolating and abusing her and got a restraining order on him (funny no one pressed charges on him and they were super okay hanging out with him after that episode). Him and Adnan were the only casualties at first. Sam didn't really managed her finances, that was Howard Grossman's job (Britney's business manager at the time). He got gutted by Jamie because he bailed Britney out of the conservatorship rules on the hide a few times (driving car and having a bit of money).

It feels natural that Lynne would praise Jamie after all that tbh.

I'm not really sure of anything, who was on who side. Just speculating here. Because for me it was always a very weird situation with everything we knew. The jigsaws never fit together

I agree with you on pretty much everything.  I feel guilty for being thankful that Jamie stepped in back in 2008 - I was so worried about her.  I mean, what really makes me upset is that I believed the "BS Report" about the voicemail being fake, the one where she contacted the lawyer for help.  Britney was telling us from the beginning of her career that the media is fake and makes up/embellishes the truth.  I just really hope Britney's parents have the best intentions for her.   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Marcanthony said:

But is that true? Because i have checked some sources and conservatorship(which is mostly called guardianship in other US states) is not just for elderly or just mentally people either. If a person can't handle financial affairs, it could take place. If i could just see the Los Angeles conservatorship rule, i will get some solid proof but i cant find em.:crying3: The following is according to the NEW HAMPSHIRE

1.png2.png3.png4.png

And laws are always tweaked by people either to grant some leisure or to make it more strict and corrupt. It's just how every country's law systems works. Lawyers always find a way to tweak something and that's why laws are constantly changed. Nothing is perfect.

Again i'm in full support of #FreeBritney but i'm just saying when i see Britney posting her own videos on Instagram and other matters and not speaking anything about it, it makes me question the whole movement. Again as i said, it makes me question it. I'm not against it.

Conservatorships, as they are called in California (but called guardianships in most other states), are among the harshest remedies in the American legal system. They are only to be used when no lesser restrictive alternative will suffice.

Conservatorships and guardianships are most frequently used for aging adults who suffer from dementia or other age-related mental disorders. They are less common for those suffering from mental illness. Indeed, studies estimate that nearly one in five adults Americans suffer from some type of mental illness, and between 4.5% and 6% of adults in our country experience severe mental illness. But only a fraction of these need the oversight of a court-appointed guardian or conservator.

In California, the legal test for conservatorship is very high. The person must be unable to provide for basic needs, like food, clothing and shelter, or be incapable of making medical decisions.  For financial decisions, the requirement is a person being unable to manage financial affairs or resist undue influence.

All of this has already been explained on the #FreeBritney thread.

Again, it's extremely difficult for a conservatorship to be granted, even when people actually need it. My great-aunt suffered from dementia before passing away last year. She lived in California and since she had no children of her own and no other direct relative, my aunt tried to put her under a conservatorship to make use of the money she had in her bank account to help her with what she needed. The conservatorship was denied and my aunt could have kept fighting, but it was gonna be a long process, lots of tests (physical and mental) and she had to prove that my great-aunt didn't have any direct relatives. My aunt ended up paying for everything, until my great-aunt passed away. The conservatorship was never granted.

So if the conservatorship wasn't allowed for an old lady of almost 90 years old, with visible signs of dementia, that was alone with no direct family, that lived in the most precarious conditions, that had other physical disabilities, do we really have to believe that Britney, at 26, who was perfectly able to live her life until she was sent to the hospital, was most deserving of a conservatorship? It was literally granted in a matter of days, despite the 5150 holds not finding anything wrong with her, they only needed Jamie Spears to say "she has dementia" for the judge to agree.

There were many other ways they could have helped her without stripping her from her rights. And ultimately, for more that we love Britney and of course we all want the best for her, they should come to a point where they just simply have to let her live and make her own decisions, for better or worse. The only thing they needed to make sure was that her kids weren't harmed and that they had all they needed, which was already being taken care by another judge.

Conservatorships aren't for worried parents that want to protect their children from making bad decisions or to prevent them from letting in bad people. They're literally playing with the law with that "hybrid business model" and that's not ok, however you look at it. :lessons:

And what do they pretend? That if Britney gets to live up to 80, 90, 100 years old, is she REALLY supposed to live under a conservatorship until then? 60 years under a conservatorship? 70 years? :beynah:

In the worst scenario that the conservatorship was the only solution at the moment, it should've been temporary, only to make sure that her life was back on track, and then they had to free her. Which was the lies they told her. It was first supposed to come to an end after the Circus Tour was over. Instead, they just made it permanent indefinitely. There's no way to measure if she's had some progress or not, there's no goal that she has to meet to prove she's ok, a deadline, no matter that she's evidently ok and doing well, and earning millions, the conservatorship just goes on and on forever. She even had her kids living with her at some point. She doesn't even live with her father anymore, then wtf are they waiting for to dissolve that damn thing? Again, conservatorships aren't something that you can have just partially, or depending on the situation it applies or it doesn't. "You can't decide who to marry, but you can go be a judge on a live television show". They now let her drive her car every now and then, with the supervision of a bodyguard. Do you really think that someone that has dementia, that is so mentally ill that needs to be placed under a conservatorship for 12 years, would be allowed to drive even at a parking lot? Only someone even crazier would allow such a thing. Or you're ok to do those things, or you aren't. You can't be both. They just let her feel that she has these freedoms but if she were ever to try to escape or do something, they would just pull the leash to remind her she has no control over her life.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

All of this has already been explained on the #FreeBritney thread.

Again, it's extremely difficult for a conservatorship to be granted, even when people actually need it. My great-aunt suffered from dementia before passing away last year. She lived in California and since she had no children of her own and no other direct relative, my aunt tried to put her under a conservatorship to make use of the money she had in her bank account to help her with what she needed. The conservatorship was denied and my aunt could have kept fighting, but it was gonna be a long process, lots of tests (physical and mental) and she had to prove that my great-aunt didn't have any direct relatives. My aunt ended up paying for everything, until my great-aunt passed away. The conservatorship was never granted.

So if the conservatorship wasn't allowed for an old lady of almost 90 years old, with visible signs of dementia, that was alone with no direct family, that lived in the most precarious conditions, that had other physical disabilities, do we really have to believe that Britney, at 26, who was perfectly able to live her life until she was sent to the hospital, was most deserving of a conservatorship? It was literally granted in a matter of days, despite the 5150 holds not finding anything wrong with her, they only needed Jamie Spears to say "she has dementia" for the judge to agree.

There were many other ways they could have helped her without stripping her from her rights. And ultimately, for more that we love Britney and of course we all want the best for her, they should come to a point where they just simply have to let her live and make her own decisions, for better or worse. The only thing they needed to make sure was that her kids weren't harmed and that they had all they needed, which was already being taken care by another judge.

Conservatorships aren't for worried parents that want to protect their children from making bad decisions or to prevent them from letting in bad people. They're literally playing with the law with that "hybrid business model" and that's not ok, however you look at it. :lessons:

And what do they pretend? That if Britney gets to live up to 80, 90, 100 years old, is she REALLY supposed to live under a conservatorship until then? 60 years under a conservatorship? 70 years? :beynah:

In the worst scenario that the conservatorship was the only solution at the moment, it should've been temporary, only to make sure that her life was back on track, and then they had to free her. Which was the lies they told her. It was first supposed to come to an end after the Circus Tour was over. Instead, they just made it permanent indefinitely. There's no way to measure if she's had some progress or not, there's no goal that she has to meet to prove she's ok, a deadline, no matter that she's evidently ok and doing well, and earning millions, the conservatorship just goes on and on forever. She even had her kids living with her at some point. She doesn't even live with her father anymore, then wtf are they waiting for to dissolve that damn thing? Again, conservatorships aren't something that you can have just partially, or depending on the situation it applies or it doesn't. "You can't decide who to marry, but you can go be a judge on a live television show". They now let her drive her car every now and then, with the supervision of a bodyguard. Do you really think that someone that has dementia, that is so mentally ill that needs to be placed under a conservatorship for 12 years, would be allowed to drive even at a parking lot? Only someone even crazier would allow such a thing. Or you're ok to do those things, or you aren't. You can't be both. They just let her feel that she has these freedoms but if she were ever to try to escape or do something, they would just pull the leash to remind her she has no control over her life.

The conservatorship was always meant to be temporary but it got extended and extended and is getting extended.

And Britney has both conservatorship. A financial one and a personal one(handled by her dad). So when the family goes to the court and when the court sees that the money is coming from tours and albums and interviews etc then the only defense can the family provide is that Britney is mentally not fit? Because physically she is as per the documents shown.

So the only question comes is if Britney is that unwell that she can't take care of her own kids, drive a car or get married. Again we don't have all courts documents. It was revealed that she has dementia but there are many courts documents not made public. But regardless even a person with BPD or Schizophrenia has a right to his own life and his life choices.

Britney's dad is obviously extracting a lot of money for their personal gains but again as i said no one in her family is putting a stop to her conservatorship. Not her Boyrfriend, her mom, her sister. I just don't know what to think. And again' i'm not a lawyer and don't know her personally so i'm just looking at both sides of the coin.

But i do appreciate the informative answer. At the end of the day, we want what's best for Britney:crying3:

The conservatorship has been nothing more than running a hybrid business. 
Her family have always been drama (read lynne’s book and Britney will always need a good team and help with her person. She was famous from 16. Mixing pop star duties, controlling her person legally do not mix. We have plenty stories of past mega stars like Britney who have used and abused within the industry. But not like this.  Her basic human rights and voice has been stripped away. An intervention was needed not a conservatorship . I hope they change the laws with this when it’s all said and done. 

23 minutes ago, Marcanthony said:

The conservatorship was always meant to be temporary but it got extended and extended and is getting extended.

And Britney has both conservatorship. A financial one and a personal one(handled by her dad). So when the family goes to the court and when the court sees that the money is coming from tours and albums and interviews etc then the only defense can the family provide is that Britney is mentally not fit? Because physically she is as per the documents shown.

So the only question comes is if Britney is that unwell that she can't take care of her own kids, drive a car or get married. Again we don't have all courts documents. It was revealed that she has dementia but there are many courts documents not made public. But regardless even a person with BPD or Schizophrenia has a right to his own life and his life choices.

Britney's dad is obviously extracting a lot of money for their personal gains but again as i said no one in her family is putting a stop to her conservatorship. Not her Boyrfriend, her mom, her sister. I just don't know what to think. And again' i'm not a lawyer and don't know her personally so i'm just looking at both sides of the coin.

But i do appreciate the informative answer. At the end of the day, we want what's best for Britney:crying3:

It wasn't revealed she had dementia.

That's what Jamie said in his petition. The dementia claimed was removed once the conservatorship was placed. He was asked to provide a "declaration of capacity" but the only doctor that had seen Britney before all this, refused to give it.

And that isn't the only problem. Another important aspect is how come someone like Jamie become a conservator, who is an alcoholic with a history of being abusive, who wasn't on good terms with Britney.

All it took was for him to declare he's been sober since 2004, no tests, no evidence, no nothing.

And what we've been saying, the fact that the conservatorship was premeditated

The Jamie decided not to notify Britney

• Love 2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It wasn't revealed she had dementia.

That's what Jamie said in his petition. The dementia claimed was removed once the conservatorship was placed. He was asked to provide a "declaration of capacity" but the only doctor that had seen Britney before all this, refused to give it.

And that isn't the only problem. Another important aspect is how come someone like Jamie become a conservator, who is an alcoholic with a history of being abusive, who wasn't on good terms with Britney.

All it took was for him to declare he's been sober since 2004, no tests, no evidence, no nothing.

And what we've been saying, the fact that the conservatorship was premeditated

The Jamie decided not to notify Britney

I see. I didn't know some of these things:idkney:

• Like 1
On 7/14/2020 at 7:45 AM, LaMaria said:

Britney is not well, do not listen to ANYONE...anyone who says otherwise. listen to the FAMILY of britney. the ones who know her. you do not know her. all you can and should do is PRAY for her... needs-con.jpg.f89bf25efd17d7abc35ea9098bc86f2b.jpg

How dare you? Every human has a right of freedom!!!

Maybe you need conservatorship.

peace and love GIF

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, jordeezy said:

We all know Britney NEEDED an intervention.  What Britney needed while under this intervention is a therapist to talk to, time to calm down and possibly even her mother to move in with her to help her care for her children after her divorce.  What Britney got was a record label wanting music, a husband wanting a record label, 2 children back to back, a mother who was trying to kickstart her younger sibling's career and her father was forced to intervene after a string of bad events.  I think her father had GOOD INTENTIONS and I think some legalities were thrown into the mix by business people and from there it seems like avoidance of the real issues that Britney faced.  They tried to "medicate" her and keep her moving instead of just letting her BE STILL for a moment.  The thing is, IF she did have some sort of postpartum issues, those hormones combined with chronic stress really could have caused a type of avoidant behavior that would cause her brain to not "over think" about things.  She seemed to be getting better with a stable life in Vegas, she came out of that cloud of distance and she seemed to really engage.  I think what we are seeing now is the result of Britney wanting to be free and she has proven herself capable of being free.  Will she STILL NEED HELP?  YES!  I think she will need a life coach and will need monitoring.  I also think her father still should be involved in the business aspect but he should not be in charge of Britney the human.  

So beautifully said. There are so many layers I’m sure... but whichever way it’s spun, it’s still not right. 

• Love 2