Cardi B is under fire for using a racial slur

Cardi B is under fire again... this time for a racial slur that offends the Asian community.

Cardi posted a picture of her baby girl Kulture as a grown up. Someone commented that she looked like offset and Hennessy Carolina. Cardi B’s response:

“I think cause Hennessy got ch–ky eyes like offset and so [does] KK .Its the only think [sic] I could think off [sic].”

This set the internet on fire and Cardi B was under attacked for being racist and racial slurs. She defended herself:

“I didn’t know that ch–ky eyes was a slur like wtfff I DONT KNOW F–KIN EVERYTHING !!” she wrote in a since-deleted tweet, using the epithet for a second time. “We don’t even use that as a [sic] insult and I didn’t use it as a [sic] insult.”

The Bronx native added that she was “sick of the internet.”

Is Cardi B wrong or should she be held accountable? 

Atlanta United Tea GIF by Major League Soccer

30658578-8513835-It_was_the_star_s_way_o
cardi-eyes.jpg.b1a0ac57c2749e963af760b8e165e0ea.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I saw this article on Buzzfeed earlier and a user commented about being Asian and her not realizing it was offensive since her and her friends used it. Until a white woman reprimanded her. I was like :ehidk: I say squinty eyes, but if that’s insensitive someone tell me cause idk what is and isn’t wrong these days. I went to a predominantly Asian college where 55-60% of students were Asian and all of my Asian friends would say it. I just thought it was weird of that user comment that a white woman scolded her for using it 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

But yeah Cardi definitely knew what she was doing 

Its a slang thats thrown around in the hood and other communities (latinos, stoners) but it doesn’t mean its not racist.

I grew up around it and I’ve been correcting myself and others for a while now. She could have came out and said “Sorry, thanks for educating me” but instead she became defensive. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Style. said:

Nah, I don’t think.. she’s just plain low! The sad part is that she gets away with everything. 

But she’s educated on a lot of other matters. I think she knew of the racial connotation, but I believe she just didn’t think people would call her out on it for not using it “offensively.” For a public figure like that to not know is not that believable. However, if she apologizes and doesn’t repeat the behavior again then I think we should forgive and be thankful she’s educating herself on why it’s wrong 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Its a slang thats thrown around in the hood and other communities (latinos, stoners) but it doesn’t mean its not racist.

I grew up around it and I’ve been correcting myself and others for a while now. She could have came out and said “Sorry, thanks for educating me” but instead she became defensive. 

I agree

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

This is how people stay famous and relevant these days. It’s not controversy, it’s Just cheap marketing.  :frenchy:

I agree. She’s been teasing her “new” music for months now and no one gave a damn. She also went to a club in Miami back in February where they previewed a song of hers, but again, no interest. 

The finsta situation, using racial slurs to create buzz, the song with Megan Thee Stallion..... this is the hands of Atlantic Records. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block