Does anyone else thinks britney's lipsyncing is iconic?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Its not really anything to be proud of but I guess it is part of her persona.

However idk what her excuse is now when she cant even dance a quarter of what she used to.

At least back then she had a reason to.

If I had to work to make money for my handlers I wouldn’t bother to sing a word live too. She’s right

• Super Mods
58 minutes ago, Mutya said:

If I had to work to make money for my handlers I wouldn’t bother to sing a word live too. She’s right

Hm makes sense now that you mention it :mhm:

especially if you consider that she started really lipsyncing after she got in the conservatorship.

• 3 months later...

I think I have to disagree with some of you. She doesnt lip well anymore (believably). And no one mentioned 80% of FF Tour had pre-recorded vocals because people were complaining so much about the Circus era not having any live vocals.

And it was kind of a slap in the face when she did Something To Talk About completely live. Meaning she could have been singing live well this entire time. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Because her choreography has been simple enough to sing live for the last 5-6 eras. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

At least some of the songs that are closer to her natural range.

35 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

it’s part of her brand but i admit it’s a bit embarrassing sometimes, like when she uses her 1999 baby vocals or when she is performing with other artists and they actually sing tbh. she could at least sing the ballads

Lately, they even pitched her 1997/1998 voices compared to the original ones :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Omg, it was already ridiculous to use the old vocals but they even now picthed them to sound like a nightcore sound lol, her lipsync is now just cringe in my opinion. The best way to lipsync is to re-record the songs with multiple takes and essentially without editing too much her voice.

I imagine more Britney singing today BOMT like she did in 1997/1998 with her deep voice than Circus for example. Since the OIDIA album there’s this high pitched voice which is almost impossible to sing like the CD version in a live performance. 

20 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Lately, they even pitched her 1997/1998 voices compared to the original ones :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Omg, it was already ridiculous to use the old vocals but they even now picthed them to sound like a nightcore sound lol, her lipsync is now just cringe in my opinion. The best way to lipsync is to re-record the songs with multiple takes and essentially without editing too much her voice.

I imagine more Britney singing today BOMT like she did in 1997/1998 with her deep voice than Circus for example. Since the OIDIA album there’s this high pitched voice which is almost impossible to sing like the CD version in a live performance. 

yeah i know what you mean. when i attended POM in Vegas there were songs like Stronger or Baby that I was like:wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

that’s why i can’t listen to Private Show for example, it’s like a chipmunk singing :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

6 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

yeah i know what you mean. when i attended POM in Vegas there were songs like Stronger or Baby that I was like:wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

that’s why i can’t listen to Private Show for example, it’s like a chipmunk singing :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

The last 4 albums were indeed like chipmunks singing (essentially FF and BJ), after all, I want to believe with the fact that they are "meant" to be more electro and futuristic for FF and BJ, but I prefer the 5 first albums of Britney.

More older she gets, more the baby voice makes Britney ridiculous. On Glory, we notice a more natural voice of Britney, but still I don’t like the songs/styles, I don’t feel this unique quality of production since the Circus album.

On 7/12/2020 at 8:34 AM, Itachi said:

the fact that she doesn't use pre-recorded vocals a lot also means she doesn't need to pretend she is singing live or that she doesn't trick the audience into thinking she is singing live

Didn't Britney state in an interview, when promoting her Piece of Me residency in Oct. 2013, that she always sang live? "I'm definitely going to be singing live. I always sing live. It doesn't sound so great all the time, but I do my best."

And what about this statement made in June 2017? “I’m glad you’re addressing this question because it’s really funny. A lot of people think that I don’t sing live. I usually, because I’m dancing so much, I do have a little bit of playback, but there’s a mixture of my voice and the playback. It really pisses me off because I’m busting my *** out there and singing at the same time and nobody ever really gives me credit for it, you know?”

And what about this statement by manager Larry Rudolph made before the Piece of Me residency started?

“It’s hard for the public to fully understand what goes on when you get on stage and you’re dancing full out during a song. No matter what anyone says, there’s not a single artist who goes out there and does full choreography and is singing without a vocal track underneath them at the same time. It’s physically impossible. We’re just trying to build up her stamina and get her to a point where she can do as much as humanly possible. The idea is to try to get her pretty close to 100%. There might be some numbers where she’s full out dancing with a track underneath her, but there won’t be any lip-syncing across the board on anything.”

And this statement by manager Adam Leber published in June 2014? “To put on the show that she puts on, it’s virtually impossible to sing the entire time and do what she does. She’s singing on every song, basically, when she has the ability to sing. There’s no way you can dance for 90 minutes straight and sing the entire time.”

Did Britney (and her team) totally own the lip-syncing, why were those statements made? All those statements imply her mic is on and her live vocals are audible, loud enough for the audience to hear—maybe not the entire songs, but every song. Now, were AlienPerfume and Everytime performed live during Piece of Me ? Those ballads had no strenuous choreography at all!

Obviously, Britney and her team did want the public to believe the vocals were, overall, live or live w/ a backing track. Did they ever acknowledge those shows were mostly lipped at 100%? No! They either decided to plant a seed of doubt in the mind of the public, esp. non-fans and casual fans ("Maybe she's singing a good part of it live after all?") or told the truth, and it's truly a mixture of Brit's voice and the playback throughout—which is possible, but how loud is her live voice if that's the case? If the track is much louder, you can hardly call it live...

@Mutya @princessmimi True. Why would Brit make an effort to fully sing all those songs live for a small allowance? Onyx Hotel had a few full live vocal performances at least. That said, the pre-conservatorship M+M's Tour was apparently fully lipped:

There was no live band for the shows; Spears and the dancers performed to recorded tracks. Spears' vocals during the show were also not live but rather were lip-synched to the recording. At some points, she was chewing gum while performing.[8] The lack of live singing became most prominent during the Orlando stop of the tour, when the CD to which Spears was miming began skipping during "Do Somethin'", reportedly caused some in the audience to start booing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_M%2BM's_Tour#Concert_synopsis

Hadn't Larry Rudolph been fired at the time? It was all Britney's call, but since it was a small show w/ no live band, that was more understandable, but still. She could have had a good sound technician w/ her on tour to arrange a nice live set up (live vocals + instrumental backing track + a lower vocal backing track).

@iAlwaysSingLive @NotLouTaylor

Archived