Does anyone else thinks britney's lipsyncing is iconic?

People always hate on her for that but Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson, Prince, Hillary Duff, Madonna, Paula Abdul etc also lip synced a LOT and they're still legendary figures in pop culture

The biggest legends in the world lipsync 

The fact that britney lipsyncs is iconic 

Why is it ok for drag queens to lipsync but not Britney? 

I love the fact that britney embodies the whole packaging of what it means to be a popstar, i think  popstars don't need to sing live to be good popstars, as long as they entertain you 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who cares tbh as long as she gives cool performances 

look at her VMA performances nobody remembers her lip-syncing it’s been overshadowed 

same for most of her YT performances when you check the comments there are very few people complaining about it even in the BBMA one coz she delivered a performance even though she could’ve done realistic pre-recorded vocals like Beyoncé does, it’s not that hard.

shz just doesn’t care about how she is perceived singing-wise but the gp can barely tell when it’s pre-recorded or live

for me, it is passable because

• she isn't a strong vocalist, and her singing technique isn't convenient for live performances
  • like you mentioned she is a popstar and popstars aren't expected to be the best singers; you expect a ridiculous spectacle when you see them live and not their outstanding vocal abilities
  • it is better that she lipsyncs which is a sign of admittance that she is human and imperfect instead of trying hard to sing live and sound off key, breathless, or plainly horrible
  • the fact that she doesn't use pre-recorded vocals a lot also means she doesn't need to pretend she is singing live or that she doesn't trick the audience into thinking she is singing live

it is embarrassing, however, when:

• the performance is subpar
  • her dancing isn't topnotch and the choreography is laughable
  • her cd vocals are pitched way too high
  • even the ballads are lipsynced - a sign that she totally lost her passion to sing

it is iconic in a bad way because the artists you mentioned do not lipsync an entire concert, or do not lipsync for one whole decade without singing at least one or two songs live. and these artists interact with their audience a lot. so when you take away the interaction, the decent props, the topnotch dancing, and the live singing, all that is left of her live performance is like a cheap parody show.

:oprah:

1 minute ago, LetsRoll said:

At least she does lipsync well unlike other celebrities (Selena :pieceofwhat:). Also when she broke her foot during POM she never stopped lipsyncing. That's called professionalism :bareclap:

Sadly Selena cannot sing nor perform. She’s just a pretty face. Let’s not compare them, not even at their worst ‘cause Britney is miles miles miles years ahead of Selena. :nicki2:

I don’t care if she lipsyncs AT ALL.

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

The thing is, 90% of other acts do it too, they just hide it better and mix it in with their live vocals - I don’t care what you say. Madonna, Kylie, Beyoncé, Gaga, Katy - they all use playback sometimes, that’s guaranteed.

And tbh, I’d prefer if most of them lipped MORE. Some of them shouldn’t sing live ever. Katy’s live vocals, in particular, make my ears bleed.awkward britney spears GIF

6 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

People always hate on her for that but Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson, Prince, Paula Abdul, Hillary Duff also lip synced a LOT and they're still legendary figures in pop culture

:cackling:

Archived