What's your favourite book?

What's the best book you've ever read? :cheese: If you can, give a short description on it so that we can maybe increase our book collections :cheese:

I'll go first. 

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

It's a story about two boys with very different attitudes to life in Afghanistan who became friends. But they eventually have a fallout because of one life changing incident and that guides the story to 360 pages. It also follows the timeline of the Soviet invasion to the Taliban occupation in Afghanistan and portrays the land in a whole new light.  Some moments have you on the edge of your seat gripping your nails. Highly recommended for fans of fictions <3

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's A Storm of Swords, or the third novel in the A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series. If you've watched the show, the book is 100X better. I actually read it before watching the show and it's probably the first book I've ever thrown at a wall over how frustrating some of the events were. 

Spoiler

RED WEDDING :kidcries:

2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It's A Storm of Swords, or the third novel in the A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series. If you've watched the show, the book is 100X better. I actually read it before watching the show and it's probably the first book I've ever thrown at a wall over how frustrating some of the events were. 

Reveal hidden contents

RED WEDDING :kidcries:

I've never been into the GoT franchise so if I was to start, would you recommend the show or the books first? :lizzie:

10 minutes ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I've never been into the GoT franchise so if I was to start, would you recommend the show or the books first? :lizzie:

Definitely the books. So the show has 8 seasons, but the book only covers the first 5 seasons. I'm also not happy with how the show turned out so idk if I should even be recommending it tbh :queenie:

5 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Definitely the books. So the show has 8 seasons, but the book only covers the first 5 seasons. I'm also not happy with how the show turned out so idk if I should even be recommending it tbh :queenie:

I’m still pressed at how the show ended. :sobbing:

My favourite book is called "The shadow of the wind" by the writer Carlos Ruiz Zafón (unfortunately he passed away  month a go :()

The plot is a mix between fantasy and thriller. The story happens in Barcelona, which is my favorite city. It is easy to read and well written. Every time i have recomended it people liked it.

Besides that, i love Animal Farm, The Perfume and i am currently reading Words of radiance by Brandon Sanderson.

Archived