Showmance: Glee Recap Edition talks Britney episode on new podcast

gleee.jpg.7012329310c79dcc6327e6a43192178b.jpg

The former Glee stars Kevin McHale and Jenna Ushkowitz talked on their podcast Showmance the "Britney/Brittany" episode of Glee on which Britney Spears appeared as a guest back in 2010. Heather Morris (Brittany on the series) joined them on the chat.

You can listen to it here

britneyep-brittany.jpg

At around 12:34 they detail the day Britney was on set. Of course there was a lot of mystery surrounding her scenes. People had to wear wristbands to prove they were on the show. Overprotectedney strikes again. Britney wanted to do her scenes a few times, they said she was warming up to the scene and it was nice to see her seem into acting. 

At 25:30, they told Heather Morris who played Brittany on Glee to not talk to Britney because she’s “working”. Obviously they didn’t want Britney talking too much to anyone. 

• Like 7
21 minutes ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Are There Any Gleeks On Exhale?  I Am A Major Gleek I’ve Watched The Show Multiple Times And Follow The Podcast.  Are There Any Fellow Gleeks Who Watched The Show Not The Britney Episodes? 

I loved the show.. haven’t watched it multiple times but I watched the whole show.. 

I started because of Britney tbh - wanted to know the story of it before Britney episode

• Love 1

I feel like the show directors were p!ss£d off after the first episode because maybe the lack of scenes they had or the way it played out on set bc that second episode was the most disrespectful thing I have ever witnessed as a fan, they had the rights to perform the songs but did not bother seeking her approval for that horrid episode again I blame the writers etc not the cast they just done their job 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, TylerSanchez said:

I feel like the show directors were p!ss£d off after the first episode because maybe the lack of scenes they had or the way it played out on set bc that second episode was the most disrespectful thing I have ever witnessed as a fan, they had the rights to perform the songs but did not bother seeking her approval for that horrid episode again I blame the writers etc not the cast they just done their job 

Blame Ryan Murphy. He’s an old shady bald head queen..

• Like 2

I mean they told actors to not talk with Britney. This is nonsense. Why can't she has a small talk with ppl on set. Or they r so scared she will say that they did to her. This is really not normal. She has a right to talk to ppl. Cship should make her feel better and healthier. And if u not communicating with ppl at least 1-2 words u become even more guarded and into yourself. It is definitely not good for her mental health. Doesn't mean she should talk with every stranger but just to say smth like i like this and that to the ppl u worked together on set. What they do to this woman is abuse. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The fact that they had Britney’s scenes blacked out until the day of shooting tells me that Ryan was probably negotiating her scenes until the last minute and Team Con was being extremely difficult to work with. Which is why she appeared in such little scenes, like i’m sure there was plans for a longer scene and Team Con scrapped it. 

7 hours ago, TylerSanchez said:

I think it was more resentment towards Fox, who made them do a second Britney episode for promo synergy, since it aired on the same night as Britney's X-Factor debut. But yeah, I'm sure they all felt a little burned by their experiences with the first episode, which they also felt a little forced to do because there was so much public demand for it after the Madonna episode.

But we're learning more and more that Glee was a really toxic set. Ryan Murphy is a nightmare (although by season five, when the second Britney episode was, I believe he was mostly hands off). We've heard Lea was terrible. I'm sure others were too. Breeding ground for drama and anxiety. I'm glad our queen did not hang around there too long.