Katy Perry becomes the first female artist to hit 20 Billion views on YouTube

Katy Perry has accumulated 20 Billion views on YouTube from her official vevo channel, excluding all her features, and has thus become the first woman to do so. This is Katy's second consecutive YouTube record, after Roar became the first femal video to hit 3 Billion in February. Roar is also the oldest song to still chart on the daily views list, gaining 980k average views per day, 7 years after release, closely followed by Dark Horse and Bon Apetit which averages 800k each. This is Katy's second record when it comes to total views as she also holds the title of the most watched Superbowl Halftime show in History.

Katy's most viewed videos on YouTube:

1. Roar- 3.1B 

2. Dark Horse ft. Juicy J - 2.8B

3. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F) - 1.2B

4. Firework - 1.2B

5. Hot N Cold - 974M

6. Bon Appetit - 945M

7. Wide Awake - 928M

8. Part Of Me - 819M

9. The One That Got Away - 747M

10. This Is How We Do - 739M

11. Chained To The Rhythm ft. Skip Marley - 639M

12. Swish Swish ft. Nicki Minaj - 604M

13. E.T. ft. Kanye West - 563M

14. Unconditionally - 537M

15. California Gurls ft. Snoop Dogg - 534M

WOecc7U.jpgkaty-queen.jpg.fee146ec29f962feebbdca6a472722a1.jpg

• Love 5
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

She doesn't get enough credit for her video catalogue. 

Video Vanguard Award incoming :enigma:

Agree. Gaga gets a lot of praise for her visuals while Katy has served the same quality with consistency. She only has 5 VMAs for this catalogue. The VMAs didn't even include her in the vanguard list for this year but had Taylor and Justin on the list.

• Love 1

I don't like her, but she really knew how to play her game and make the most out of her success, like, instead of waiting to release another thing, she just kept going and going while she could.

Still, for someone as popular on the digital world, she doesn't seem to be as popular among the real world people, like, I rarely see anyone talking about her, like, on articles and stuff. You would think Gaga or even Ariana Grande or Taylor would be the ones with the record by how overrated they are in general.

Good for her though.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I swear I've seen people say that on Exhale, but maybe I'm just trippin'. :weusay:

People say all kinds of stuff agaisnt Katy on exhale, so you might not be trippin here sis :jj:

1 hour ago, Itachi said:

how is Thinking of You only got 126M views :wyd:

I'm surprised at the OOTB views actually. I Kissed A Girl, one of their biggest hits and an iconic song has only 190M. Thinking Of You has more views than Waking Up In Vegas when the latter was the bigger hit. On the far other end, Hot N Cold is going to be one of the rare 2000s songs that got 1 Billion.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block