Who is the biggest pop star on the planet right now?

I dunno, I don’t think we’ve really had one since Brinny, and Beyoncé tbh.

Rihanna comes close.

Like yeah, Ariana, Miley, Taylor, Billie, Katy, Dua, Selena  are all cool but I don’t rate them on the same level as Britney and Beyoncé.  But just my opinion Im sure their stans will tell me why I’m wrong 🤷🏽‍♂️

I really want to see Normani slay tho

• Love 1

1- taylor Swift

2- Gaga as much as I hate to admit it 

3- Ariana / TheWeeknd

4- Beyonce

5- Billie Eilish: whether she will maintain this success remains to be seen

6- Dua Lipa

7- Pink: longevity 

8- JLo (projects outside music)

everyone else is kind of irrelevant despite trying to get back in the spot light, to name a few Madonna, Mariah, Janet, Katy, Kesha, Gwen, Nelly Furtado, Alicia Keys

• Like 1

I think K-pop acts have a massive  influence and their fandoms have clearly shown how well they can get organized to do things out of the scope of their fandom, like what they did with the Trump rally. 

The Weekend, Taylor and Ariana have massive songs, which is not the same as being influential. Most of the biggest songs lately are rather faceless, have you noticed that? I don't see many people being influenced by any of those singers. In that sense, Billie would be the closest one, cause I think she has a similar effect on her fandom to Gaga or Britney, their fans want to emulate them, fans in vulnerable stages of.their lives look up to them. But again, I don't think her sales or even streams come close to the numbers of an Ed Sheeran, Ariana, The Weekend or a Bieber. So, I stay with k-pop acts as current massive influencers and reggaeton as a musical influence for everyone and their granny. I don't think there is one person like there used to be  in the old days.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, Urbanney said:

The Weeknd. Kinda goes to show you how diminished the influence of popstars are though in recent years when this is hard to answer.

Also because a lot of popstars nowadays don’t like to call themselves popstars or be associated with pop. Even Lady Gaga went through her phase of “I want to be taken seriously” only to return back to pop. To me pop has became less fun and more “serious” and it annoys me as it becomes like an inception thing. Trying to prove how you have deep thoughts by deliberately making conscious decisions to show how “deep” they are. To me it almost cancels itself out as again, Gaga has done and just sounds pretentious. I love her enough to admit that. 

• Love 2

Jordan said popular so to me I think it would have to be rn...teskai 69 or Da baby or Roddy rich. Sorry for my bad spelling. I’m just thinking about who is making headlines and popular music rn not that I’m a huge fan of any but they been beating out everyone on the charts.  I see a lot of Ariana comments but I don’t see her as much in the spotlight rn her peak to me was “into you” era 

Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera. Everyone who thinks otherwise is on denial. :uknowit:

I wish but yeah. I guess Ariana at the moment.

But I swear every new generation of "IT" pop stars is less and less interesting and iconic. Gaga for me was the peak of what I consider big iconic popstars. Everything and everyone after her went downhill. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block