Britney Spears as a Songwriter, Composer, Lyricist (52+ songs)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The "Basic Jingles" credits are a reach. Would she really write songs and then not even sing half of them. And the fact that she had never co-written every track on an album before, but then all of a

Britney as a songwriter is not something the we talk about much, and much less the general public. But in fact, Britney is a very good songwriter, composer and lyricist. Obviously is a gained skill, b

it's kinda embarrassing tbh. after she was praised by Heather Bright when she worked for FF: Anyway … here’s my thing … and I feel VERY passionate about this issue. Britney could have come to me,

Posted Images

On 1/27/2021 at 2:51 AM, Isla said:

Hmm really? If that’s the case she did technically co-write the song then but wasn’t credited for it.

I heard that Brit wrote a lot but was not mentioned as a writer .Maybe she thought one line is not necessary.

• Like 1
  • Twitter Team
6 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

I heard that Brit wrote a lot but was not mentioned as a writer .Maybe she thought one line is not necessary.

I’ve heard the same too. JR Rotem confirmed she wrote the spoken rap in Everybody but was not credited for it.

4 hours ago, Isla said:

I’ve heard the same too. JR Rotem confirmed she wrote the spoken rap in Everybody but was not credited for it.

Iirc people said she had a hand in Do You Wanna Come Over but wasn't credited either 

• Like 2

YES!!!! This needs to get out there. Another part of Reframing Britney!!

She is a creative genius and deserves cred and respect for that! Everytime is the best song of her genre ever. She is better than any songwriter that has written for her. I also think she is a better songwriter than Shakira, Justin Timberlake (of course) and if Christina Aguilera ever wrote any of the bland, meaningless crap she sung, than better than her’s too.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2020 at 5:19 PM, jordeezy said:

Did she write "Let Go", "Every Day", "Conscious", "All That She Wants", "Baby Boy", "Rebellion", "Money. Love.  Happiness."

Yep, i believe she wrote in all of those. Imo her unreleased material from the 2004-2007 period prove how great of an artist she is. Songs like Mona Lisa were done against the will of her label and most of the Blackout era songs were recorded in her house proving she's a great artist even without the assistence from her label.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

Yep, i believe she wrote in all of those. Imo her unreleased material from the 2004-2007 period prove how great of an artist she is. Songs like Mona Lisa were done against the will of her label and most of the Blackout era songs were recorded in her house proving she's a great artist even without the assistence from her label.

On 7/9/2020 at 1:19 PM, jordeezy said:

Did she write "Let Go", "Every Day", "Conscious", "All That She Wants", "Baby Boy", "Rebellion", "Money. Love.  Happiness."

Yeah, as long as we have evidence she can write melody on a musical instrument on her own -which we do-then we can believe she wrote these songs.

At the same time, part of Britney's artistic reputation has to be Britney's responsibility: She knew how the music industry operated by 2004-especially given her knee injury with Outrageous, Mona Lisa, Original Doll and Do Somethin-in terms of restricting her artistry.

If she really wanted validation, it would have been up to her to overhaul her contract during 2004-2005.  By that time, was she really in a contract she couldn't get out of or a adjust??? (If she was, then despite her work ethic, it's hard to like a lot of her career if her own artistry was constantly overruled, even by her mid-20s.)

Again, as good as Blackout is, it's arguably not artistically better than In The Zone and wouldn't have been greater than what was going to be her own creation during that time.