Britney Spears as a Songwriter, Composer, Lyricist (52+ songs)

11 hours ago, Joman82 said:

I guess she wrote the original version in English. 

But there are any version of that song recorded in English? The lyrics of the song are quite simple, it works well because it's sung in French, in the case of Britney it gave a very innocent touch and so the final result was very good.

On 7/26/2020 at 7:15 AM, zxcvb said:

And Britney composed a global hit on her own UNLIKE some of her 'acclaimed' peers:

And the artistic merit of Everytime is further authenticated by this great cover by Glen Hansard/The Frames:

OMG that video of Britney playing piano, that was good :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped:

She should’ve doubled down on that, it would have given her some easy critic/GP points to balance the lip syncing *** kitten vibe :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Intheblue said:

I think she can write much better than what we’ve heard 

I totally agree with you.

Since the beginning of her musical career, Britney have always said that her favorite part is the creating process in the recording studio and recording an album. But, her label was always rushing things and wanted her to always be on tour. 

:brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

• Love 1
On 7/9/2020 at 11:07 PM, Itachi said:

it's kinda embarrassing tbh. after she was praised by Heather Bright when she worked for FF:

Anyway … here’s my thing … and I feel VERY passionate about this issue. Britney could have come to me, like all these other A-list artists, and said …

"Hey, you wanna be on my album? I’m gonna need writing credit for that song AND part of your publishing even though I didn’t write anything! And then I’m gonna go on tour and gross $150 million in ticket sales and not give you any of that, even though I’m performing your song!”

"I could rattle off a laundry list of artists who I’ve had that conversation with! And I’m on the other end like … “Oh okay … so you wanna **** me, but just with the tip?!” *Prince side eye* Britney’s one of the few artists I’ve worked with who didn’t try to take something that wasn’t hers. In my experience, from a business standpoint, her entire team is nothing less than a bonafide class act!"

full article: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/songwriter-defends-britney-spears-174966

so maybe that's the reason why aside from WB, Perfume, and Alien, she never performed any other track from BJ despite "writing" these songs

new album beyonce GIF

• Love 1
On 1/23/2021 at 11:10 PM, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I don’t believe she wrote any of BJ. She didn’t sing on most of it so I’m doubtful that she wrote for that album. They 100% bought writing credits for that.

I wish they would let her be more involved in her music. She’s proved she clearly has great writing abilities yet they go with songs written by other people. It’s almost like they hate her having a voice. Perhaps if we heard what Britney really wanted to write about we’d all be concerned 

Yeah and it's the only album they bought songwritingcredits too. (As you can see: She has only the bonustrack credit for Scary on Femme Fatale) 

So her most personal album is actually useless. 

On 1/25/2021 at 12:52 AM, Buffybot said:

Britney officially co-wrote My Only Wish? She is listed as co-writer on some pages but isn't for others. 

I think she did co-write that song. Also, Meghan Trainor covered it for her Christmas album last year and Britney is listed in the album credits for her version.

• Love 2