Why UK didnt care for Femme Fatale ?

Eda

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not forget Britney performed Womanizer on X Factor UK to promote Circus. She didn't do any performance promo for FF until the tour by which time the album was already dead and buried. 

As for Pretty Girls - Little Mix are popular here in the UK so their fans flocked to stream their unique sound when Pretty Girls came out. 

10 minutes ago, Eda said:

I get it but she didnt promate SS with Will.i.am too but it was 1 for 2 weeks

While I Wanna Go and Criminal didnt even charted...

I think they were still feeling a bit disappointed by the Circus era to care. Her X Factor performance did lots of damage to her reputation here and, although successful, the tour didn't help either.

By FF people weren't checking anymore for that reason but gradually people have become more forgiving and accepting of her.

I’m from the UK - here’s what I remember  from after the circus era:cheese:

Scream and Shout was absolutely HUGEEEEE over here and it’s such a throwback song now - it’s played all the time I always hear it on the radio.

I remember hearing TTWE quite a lot too, not such much HIAM tho. Criminal  was also played a bit but not loads. It wasn’t until Work ***** came out that Britney was really getting lots of radio play over here though 

37 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

I’m from the UK - here’s what I remember  from after the circus era:cheese:

Scream and Shout was absolutely HUGEEEEE over here and it’s such a throwback song now - it’s played all the time I always hear it on the radio.

I remember hearing TTWE quite a lot too, not such much HIAM tho. Criminal  was also played a bit but not loads. It wasn’t until Work ***** came out that Britney was really getting lots of radio play over here though 

Hey! since you are from the UK i have a few questions...

1. In britneys prime era (1998-2004) how big she was in the UK?

2. How was the british media towards britney?

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Hey! since you are from the UK i have a few questions...

1. In britneys prime era (1998-2004) how big she was in the UK?

2. How was the british media towards britney?

1. She was absolutely huge from Baby. BTMYH was extremely popular over here, in the UK it probably matched BOMT’s (song) success. Oops was even bigger than both, it went to No.1 here unlike in other countries, she was on top of everyone. Dipped a bit with Britney, Slave 4 U still was popular but nothing like previous hits. Toxic completely smashed it all, us Brits LOVE Toxic and was absolutely HUGE EVERYWHERE when it was released! She came back on top during 2003/2004. Everytime was also a big hit in the UK.

2. The media in the UK with Britney has always been weird... I think they were shocked with BOMT with the music video and they didn’t quite expect this girl to have such an impact. The media applauded Oops! As she had done really well with the album and she literally done it again. 2003/4 Era was mixed too, many complained about her changing and setting a bad example. The media during her Breakdown was absolutely HORRIBLE to Britney, they were the ones dragging her down and the comedians were constantly bashing Britney with every chance they got. It embarrasses me who bad they treated Britney when she was going through such a bad time. Things picked up again after Circus and slowly started to gain a bit more good popularity with Womanzier & If U Seek Amy, although they hated the hidden message. After BJ things died down a lot and she wasn’t really that relevant in the UK, expect from Scream and Shout always being played. The British media praised Britney for Glory I seem to remember as well as Slumber party.

Thats the majority of what I seem to remember :) 

9 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

1. She was absolutely huge from Baby. BTMYH was extremely popular over here, in the UK it probably matched BOMT’s (song) success. Oops was even bigger than both, it went to No.1 here unlike in other countries, she was on top of everyone. Dipped a bit with Britney, Slave 4 U still was popular but nothing like previous hits. Toxic completely smashed it all, us Brits LOVE Toxic and was absolutely HUGE EVERYWHERE when it was released! She came back on top during 2003/2004. Everytime was also a big hit in the UK.

2. The media in the UK with Britney has always been weird... I think they were shocked with BOMT with the music video and they didn’t quite expect this girl to have such an impact. The media applauded Oops! As she had done really well with the album and she literally done it again. 2003/4 Era was mixed too, many complained about her changing and setting a bad example. The media during her Breakdown was absolutely HORRIBLE to Britney, they were the ones dragging her down and the comedians were constantly bashing Britney with every chance they got. It embarrasses me who bad they treated Britney when she was going through such a bad time. Things picked up again after Circus and slowly started to gain a bit more good popularity with Womanzier & If U Seek Amy, although they hated the hidden message. After BJ things died down a lot and she wasn’t really that relevant in the UK, expect from Scream and Shout always being played. The British media praised Britney for Glory I seem to remember as well as Slumber party.

Thats the majority of what I seem to remember :) 

Thx so much for answering my questions JackSSproductions! :) 

Its ironic to see how in the US, oh wait- IWBTMYH wasnt released as a single in the US! haha, silly me

How come she "kind-of" dipped with britney? Hasnt it sold 459k copies in the UK? So well then,

Which era was bigger?In the zone or britney in UK?

Srry for asking many questions because whenever i see people from foreign countries out of the US, i get curious and i try to ask them questions to see britneys popularity globally.

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

How come she "kind-of" dipped with britney? Hasnt it sold 459k copies in the UK? So well then,

Which era was bigger?In the zone or britney in UK?

I mean she didn’t ‘dip’ as such, but I mean the release wasn’t as hyped as much as the previous two albums. It still was highly successful! :) 

In The Zone for sureee was bigger. Toxic it self was bigger then the whole Britney era in my opinion. That song was and still is HUGE here in the UK! :clap:

Anymore questions? I love answering them! 

4 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

In The Zone for sureee was bigger. Toxic it self was bigger then the whole Britney era in my opinion. That song was and still is HUGE here in the UK! :clap:

In The Zone could be even bigger in UK if they released Breathe On Me or Touch of My Hand as a single... but we all know what happened

15 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

I mean she didn’t ‘dip’ as such, but I mean the release wasn’t as hyped as much as the previous two albums. It still was highly successful! :) 

Anymore questions? I love answering them! 

omg i am relieved to see you arent getting irritated at me asking questions! :)

I know that blackout was a commercial failure at the time, but when gimme more came out, what the was the UK gp reaction? was it a hit there? how was the reception of blackout otherwise in UK?

Circus has been always known as britneys comeback era? how hyped was it in yr country? what was the popularity of womanizer and song, circus?

When britney won her 3 vmas in the comeback era, what was the initial reaction?

48 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

omg i am relieved to see you arent getting irritated at me asking questions! :)

I know that blackout was a commercial failure at the time, but when gimme more came out, what the was the UK gp reaction? was it a hit there? how was the reception of blackout otherwise in UK?

Circus has been always known as britneys comeback era? how hyped was it in yr country? what was the popularity of womanizer and song, circus?

When britney won her 3 vmas in the comeback era, what was the initial reaction?

People either loved or hated Gimme More. It was played a lot in clubs and obvs ‘Its Britney *****’ was born and still to this day everyone says it here over in the UK! Gimme more was hyped but rest of Blackout not so much really. If I’m honest if you asked the GP over here to name a song from ‘The Breakdown Era’ the only one they could probably name is Gimme More, and maybe Break The Ice. 

Circus was a different story, many many many people loved it! Circus, Womanizer and If U Seek Amy had plenty of radio play - many people loved all three songs! Womanizer the obvious favourite - a bit of a disappoint with the UK X factor performance though. 

The VMA’s aren’t big here in the UK. Most of the GP don’t really pay much attention to the American Awards. So Britney winning big was a surprise I think, but many different opinions on it. If it was the BRITs (British Music Award Ceremony) where she won 3 awards it would’ve been a lot more reported on! :) 

2 hours ago, JackSProductions said:

People either loved or hated Gimme More. It was played a lot in clubs and obvs ‘Its Britney *****’ was born and still to this day everyone says it here over in the UK! Gimme more was hyped but rest of Blackout not so much really. If I’m honest if you asked the GP over here to name a song from ‘The Breakdown Era’ the only one they could probably name is Gimme More, and maybe Break The Ice. 

Circus was a different story, many many many people loved it! Circus, Womanizer and If U Seek Amy had plenty of radio play - many people loved all three songs! Womanizer the obvious favourite - a bit of a disappoint with the UK X factor performance though. 

The VMA’s aren’t big here in the UK. Most of the GP don’t really pay much attention to the American Awards. So Britney winning big was a surprise I think, but many different opinions on it. If it was the BRITs (British Music Award Ceremony) where she won 3 awards it would’ve been a lot more reported on! :) 

Oooo, interesting! Circus was definitely her true pop comeback. Which is her most controversial song in the Uk?

Archived