Would ARTPOP Act II have been more successful than ARTPOP?

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

She could if she wanted to though

True, but nobody does it these days. Everyone releases an album with 10-15 songs unfortunately. Also maybe Gaga was already planning Artpop II and that’s why she didn’t release everything in Artpop, who knows :gum:

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

True, but nobody does it these days. Everyone releases an album with 10-15 songs unfortunately. Also maybe Gaga was already planning Artpop II and that’s why she didn’t release everything in Artpop, who knows :gum:

But she could.

No one releases visual albums, but Beyonce did it. Twice. 

No one gives a 4 year old album a new cover just because it hit the #1 on the pop charts, but Britney did it.

No one releases 2 discs/volumes albums, but Gaga could if she wanted to. 

It's like, there really aren't any rules or limits for what artists can do. They could have all the freedom to do as they please with their music, the way they release it and the way they promote it, especially artists like Lady Gaga that always seem to be so invested on their work and art, it's unbelievable that she would stick to what a management team has to say or a record label or because nobody else is doing it. No one is doing it? Then be the first one. :yaknow: 

Like, we can understand that someone like Britney has no control about that kind of decisions, but what's the excuse for Gaga? 

• Like 1

Honestly Lady Gaga can release it digitally now if she wants to and make it more of an EP concept. 

She was under old management during Artpop and the whole era turned messy so I think she decided to stop with Artpop Act II

I heard it was supposed to be first Art album and then Pop to segment Art and Pop sides of the album but later she wanted to mix them together. 

Give me Artpop II with a solo DWUW and a video please :makeitrain:

• Love 1

I feel like people were really against her when artpop came out. She even released do what you want with Xtina to help distract the attention that she was getting from the R Kelly fiasco:receipts2:. I’m not denying that the album could be good, but I feel Joanne was proper because it prepared her for A Star is Born :brityes: Maybe she could release this now since Chromatica is slipping down the charts? :cheese:

30 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I feel like people were really against her when artpop came out. She even released do what you want with Xtina to help distract the attention that she was getting from the R Kelly fiasco:receipts2:. I’m not denying that the album could be good, but I feel Joanne was proper because it prepared her for A Star is Born :brityes: Maybe she could release this now since Chromatica is slipping down the charts? :cheese:

Iirc the R Kelly controversy happened way after the Artpop era. Maybe suing Joanne.

44 minutes ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

Honestly Lady Gaga can release it digitally now if she wants to and make it more of an EP concept. 

She was under old management during Artpop and the whole era turned messy so I think she decided to stop with Artpop Act II

I heard it was supposed to be first Art album and then Pop to segment Art and Pop sides of the album but later she wanted to mix them together. 

Give me Artpop II with a solo DWUW and a video please :makeitrain:

Act II wouldn’t have been unheard of. She’s done it with The Fame Monster and kesha did it too with Animal/Cannibal which is like a continuation. I wonder why Act II was scrapped though. It felt like it had more potential.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, bas che said:

Act II wouldn’t have been unheard of. She’s done it with The Fame Monster and kesha did it too with Animal/Cannibal which is like a continuation. I wonder why Act II was scrapped though. It felt like it had more potential.

Maybe, because Artpop was flopping back then and her team just scrapped everything about it :crying1:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Many of you know about the scrapped album “Artpop Act II”. For those who don’t know, here’s a video about it:

Brooklyn Nights could’ve been on that album and I think that if it was a first single of the scrapped album, it could’ve been a hit, even maybe a #1 hit. 

Also Princess Die is rumoured to be on the album.

Do you think that Artpop Act II could’ve been more successful than the original Artpop if it was released. Also in sales and charts, how do you think it would’ve done.

artpop-2.jpg.0098b22a436bda9308319e13a7cfb39c.jpg

Who knows... But I'm sure that it would have been more fun and less repetitive...

• Love 1
11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

But she could.

No one releases visual albums, but Beyonce did it. Twice. 

No one gives a 4 year old album a new cover just because it hit the #1 on the pop charts, but Britney did it.

No one releases 2 discs/volumes albums, but Gaga could if she wanted to. 

It's like, there really aren't any rules or limits for what artists can do. They could have all the freedom to do as they please with their music, the way they release it and the way they promote it, especially artists like Lady Gaga that always seem to be so invested on their work and art, it's unbelievable that she would stick to what a management team has to say or a record label or because nobody else is doing it. No one is doing it? Then be the first one. :yaknow: 

Like, we can understand that someone like Britney has no control about that kind of decisions, but what's the excuse for Gaga? 

The problem is that in a fast-paced world we live in today, nobody has the time to listen to an album with 30 tracks. The reason celebrities make the tracklist shorter is to increase streams. Even i, as one of the people that still listen to albums in full, admit that listening to an album with over 30 tracks is so tiresome and time-wasting. I would have to break up 3 days to listen to 10 tracks. Plus, it would too be hectic for the stars to memorize the lyrics of a songs for a performance and have to record more songs. So making a 30-track album would be a waste of time

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

The problem is that in a fast-paced world we live in today, nobody has the time to listen to an album with 30 tracks. The reason celebrities make the tracklist shorter is to increase streams. Even i, as one of the people that still listen to albums in full, admit that listening to an album with over 30 tracks is so tiresome and time-wasting. I would have to break up 3 days to listen to 10 tracks. Plus, it would too be hectic for the stars to memorize the lyrics of a songs for a performance and have to record more songs. So making a 30-track album would be a waste of time

To begin with, this was in 2013 if I'm correct, so things were different back then.

However, I'm not saying that this should be the norm for all artists, or for Gaga or anything like that. What I'm saying is, according to this video, Lady Gaga had around 90 songs recorded already, and had the intention, until some point, of releasing two volumes, two discs, or however you wanna call it. If she really wanted to, she would've done so, whether it was at the same time, or a few months after Artpop came out, or a year later, or she could release it today, IF SHE WANTED TO. What I'm trying to say is that there's no rule or law that is impeding her from releasing that second part she planned at some point. If she really wanted to, she would've found the way to release it, even if that app didn't work or if her management team was a flop.

But going back to your comment, if something I've read everywhere about Gaga's latest album is people complaining about how short the tracks are, so I think people really have a longer attention span than that, and even more considering how popular Spotify playlists are. Just like there isn't a rule for how many songs or albums an artist can release at a time or a period of time, there's also no rule that says they have to perform all those songs in a show, or that fans are forced to stream the entire album every time they wanna hear a song, that's why you can play the songs individually...

What I try to say is that artists have the freedom, I mean, artists / record labels / whoever is in charge of what they release, to do whatever they want. The music industry doesn't have like an equivalent of traffic rules or something  that says "artists are only allowed to do this, this and that". They could release 5 albums in a week if they wanted to, or release a new single every week, or two singles at once, or release an old album track as a single, or remove their music from digital platforms, or release a million versions of the same album like Glory, etc. Whether is conventional, convenient, beneficial or not, that's totally independent, but they can do whatever they want. Almost no one releases more than 5 videos per album these days, but there you have Beyoncé releasing two full visual albums, because she wanted to, and because she could, and she didn't care if that was what other artists were doing or not.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

To begin with, this was in 2013 if I'm correct, so things were different back then.

However, I'm not saying that this should be the norm for all artists, or for Gaga or anything like that. What I'm saying is, according to this video, Lady Gaga had around 90 songs recorded already, and had the intention, until some point, of releasing two volumes, two discs, or however you wanna call it. If she really wanted to, she would've done so, whether it was at the same time, or a few months after Artpop came out, or a year later, or she could release it today, IF SHE WANTED TO. What I'm trying to say is that there's no rule or law that is impeding her from releasing that second part she planned at some point. If she really wanted to, she would've found the way to release it, even if that app didn't work or if her management team was a flop.

But going back to your comment, if something I've read everywhere about Gaga's latest album is people complaining about how short the tracks are, so I think people really have a longer attention span than that, and even more considering how popular Spotify playlists are. Just like there isn't a rule for how many songs or albums an artist can release at a time or a period of time, there's also no rule that says they have to perform all those songs in a show, or that fans are forced to stream the entire album every time they wanna hear a song, that's why you can play the songs individually...

What I try to say is that artists have the freedom, I mean, artists / record labels / whoever is in charge of what they release, to do whatever they want. The music industry doesn't have like an equivalent of traffic rules or something  that says "artists are only allowed to do this, this and that". They could release 5 albums in a week if they wanted to, or release a new single every week, or two singles at once, or release an old album track as a single, or remove their music from digital platforms, or release a million versions of the same album like Glory, etc. Whether is conventional, convenient, beneficial or not, that's totally independent, but they can do whatever they want. Almost no one releases more than 5 videos per album these days, but there you have Beyoncé releasing two full visual albums, because she wanted to, and because she could, and she didn't care if that was what other artists were doing or not.

If we are going back to 2013, we have to see the amount of tracks there r in one albums that were huge when they were released

Unorthodox jukebox- 10 tracks

Prism - 13 tracks

Beyonce- 14 tracks

Bangerz- 16 tracks

Random access memories- 14 tracks

The truth about love- 13 tracks

So if Gaga were to release an album with 30 tracks and over, it would feel weird for the casual listener in 2013. Beyonce releasing a visual album just increases the experience she wanted the listeners to feel, not to extend the experience. So, i am just saying that 30 tracks would have been quite tiresome

However i am not denying yr wrong tho

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block