Update on my dreg lyfeeee

theannehedonia

So as some of you know I've recently started doing drag and as a way of shameless self-promotion, I thought I'd share an update with you on my progress (and battle) with makeup, wigs, and the like. I just the other day learned how to put on false eyelashes. It's been such an extra learning curve. Amazon is truly a drag queen's holy grail. I feel for queens who didn't have the internet as a resource previously. I need to learn how to properly block out my boy brows and contour my nose properly, but I feel pretty good for the progress I've been making. :mhm:

Image may contain: 1 person

106931595_131196988621957_3499626775618787797_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=5IuIoQiegwkAX-boypK&_nc_ht=scontent.fyka1-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=ed1fad96de0a22950df5609def2cbf90&oe=5F2C10FA

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

For comparison here is boy me side by side :snarky::

109230368_135209394887383_85822005941469

Follow me on insta and facebook:

https://www.instagram.com/theannehedonia/

https://www.facebook.com/TheAnneHedonia

kbye. :fran:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

You look amazing! :ari: I adore the goth/Disney Villain look you have going :gobaby: I've always wanted to do drag, but drag kings don't get the same love or even products drag queens do. :icant2:

Thank you! I'm loving that you've picked up the Disney villain vibe. That's totally my aesthetic. I'm goth, but like campy fun goth. Not like metal bite head off of a bat goth. :mhm:

Have you not heard of bio queens? They're women who do female drag. I follow one girl on insta who is amazing:
45cd-3Sa_400x400.jpg

So if you wanna do drag, go for it. Drag is for everyone, and its about gender expression. Whether you're a woman wanting to become a man or try out new  things you wouldn't do normally in your everyday life as a woman and be super extra. I love it, it's so cool to put everything together and see the finished product.

3 minutes ago, bryceecyrb said:

Thank you! I'm loving that you've picked up the Disney villain vibe. That's totally my aesthetic. I'm goth, but like campy fun goth. Not like metal bite head off of a bat goth. :mhm:

Have you not heard of bio queens? They're women who do female drag. I follow one girl on insta who is amazing:
45cd-3Sa_400x400.jpg

So if you wanna do drag, go for it. Drag is for everyone, and its about gender expression. Whether you're a woman wanting to become a man or try out new  things you wouldn't do normally in your everyday life as a woman and be super extra. I love it, it's so cool to put everything together and see the finished product.

:haha: I honestly love campyness. The aesthetic camp has is just so appealing. Omg bio queens are a thing?? :OMGney: I had no idea, that's so cool. Personally, I like leaning more towards the masculine side when it comes to drag (my go to look is like Frank N Furter from RHPS :tiffcackle:), but I'm so excited to know this is a thing! :pumped: I feel like there are so many options that you don't even think about and that's what makes drag so great.

1 minute ago, AmorProhibido said:

:haha: I honestly love campyness. The aesthetic camp has is just so appealing. Omg bio queens are a thing?? :OMGney: I had no idea, that's so cool. Personally, I like leaning more towards the masculine side when it comes to drag (my go to look is like Frank N Furter from RHPS :tiffcackle:), but I'm so excited to know this is a thing! :pumped: I feel like there are so many options that you don't even think about and that's what makes drag so great.

Yeah! The more involved and educated I get regarding drag, the more interesting I find it. Everything is so involved from wigs, make up, lashes, cinching/corsets, outfits, etc. I've learned a lot in such a small amount of time (because I've haqd to) I'm super nerdy and love to play video games, D&D, etc. and I now get to live my evil sorceress fantasy, and I'm loooooooooving it. It's so cool.  It's funny that I'm coming at it from a more nerdy kind of perspective, than a like fierce gay way. Like I'd say the evil queen from Snow White is kind of the vibe I'm going for. A middle aged evil queen.  :jl:

I'd say if you're interested in trying something, do it! I spent years of wanting to try drag but never getting around to it, and now I'm very happy I did. I'm still so new to everything and haven't even performed yet, but the experience by itself has been amazing. You do you gorl. :barbie:

Archived