Musically, where should Britney go now?

biam.jpg.17743d27d31931e2f96f0ed8b9116456.jpg

As a 38 year old female artist who has conquered the globe time after time and is now approaching the age where female pop artists are essentially 'written off' by a ******, ageist and misogynistic industry, where would you like Britney to go musically should she decide to release further albums? Would you like her to stick with her current formula, or branch into different genres and styles? 

I would like Britney to explore the below in terms of music and imagery:-

1. Shania Twain was 37 years old when she released 'Up!' in 2002. I would love Britney to adopt this style. The music was absolutely timeless and the videos were very simplistic. It didn't have to be about the sexuality, because the music absolutely spoke for itself.

(This video was just one single effortless take on a beach, but worked really well as the song conveyed a beautiful message and Shania's natural charisma shone through)

2. Kylie Minogue was 42 years old when she released All The Lovers, the first single from her album 'Aphrodite'. Again, the music stood the test of time and the visuals pushed the envelope in an elegant way which didn't seem forced or 'sleazy'. 

3. Dido was 31 years old when she released 'Life For Rent', her most acclaimed work. Whilst Dido was younger than Britney at this point, a common theme prevailed as with the above artists... the music was timeless and the visuals were simple but effective in conveying the message and tone of the music. 

Essentially, in a nutshell, I would love Britney to adopt more of a 'classic' adult contemporary sound - to write songs which have real meaning to her accompanied by production which isn't trend-chasing or 'of it's time'. In terms of visuals, I would love simple videos which just showcase Britney and her natural affinity with the camera (whether this involves choreography or not). The production value doesn't need to be massive and the other components of the video shouldn't overshadow her - I'd like the music to say more than the videos. 

Other honourable mentions include:- 

How about you? Where would you like Britney's musical direction to go within the next decade? :kiss:

• Love 8
  • Like 1

If the conservatorship end: 

A personal album, with personal lyrics written by her, not talking about love and ***, but the ups and downs of life and how go through it. :mhm: Inspired by Yoga and oriental style of music, but bringing it to pop, in some way. :yaknow:

If the conservatorship doesn't end: :badthoughts:

Maybe something for the dance floor, 80's inspired, with a lot of synths. :werk:

• Love 5
  • Like 4

She did state her original vision of her career was Sheryl Crow type music but younger, she did cave to Jives request of doing dance pop.

She owes that girl who wanted to do rock music a chance to shine. 

Everybody has a magnum opus. It will be cool if She did a jagged little pill type album and had a you oughta know type track to the people who put her in the prison she so didn't deserve.

@EasyThere

I so would love Britney to say **** u to her father. With a complete makeover to match the music. 

• Love 7
  • Like 1

imho, she should go the most commercial style of pop as possible. Her transition to the streaming era should have happenned back in 2013, its 7 years of "surviving this era" and not really "living in it" like her peers do. If she wants to keep going for another decade, she needs to make the right partnerships, feautres, promotions, payola and etc which only would work if she releases commercial ****. But that is me, and if she decides to come back playing ukelele and singing "somewhere over the rainbow" I would be there for her, and as long as she is free of course :mhm:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Hungry Hun said:

if she decides to come back playing ukelele and singing "somewhere over the rainbow" I would be there for her, and as long as she is free of course :mhm:

I think this is where most of the fanbase seems to be at now. Wanting her to be free, happy and going in whatever direction she desires. :mcry:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

This is a hard question because its clear that Britney doesn’t get to make a lot of her own decisions :receipts2: That said, I want her to be free to do whatever. If that means out of her conservatorship + no more music then I am happy :sobbing:If that means new music and a new lane :pumped: 

Britney does have some deep cuts like Little Me, Let go and State of grace + many more That seem to never be released or made into bonus material :flop: so it would be interesting if she called the shots :tbh:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

idk if this counts but maybe she could record an album that has that pure pop sound from Oops but with a 2020 twist.

I think it would be cool especially since people are getting nostalgic for the 2000s again.

:lizzie:

I’d so love this. Millennial Pop was seriously the best.  So 2000, so Britney. 

• Love 1