Did Britney really film a video for “When Your Eyes Say It” back in 2001?

Joman82

According to several sources like Wikipedia and fan sites plus information related to the directors of the music video are all over the internet. In this case, is it possible for Britney to release this music video officially or due to her change from Jive/Zomba Records to RCA that possibility is dead?

The music video was directed by Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris and is listed as unreleased.

I consider that due to the album “Oops!... I Did It Again (2000)” celebrating this year it’s 20 anniversary of being released, this would be a very special way to celebrate the impact of Britney’s sophomore album, plus it will be very interesting to see Britney again in all of her glory of 2001 in a "new" visual for the song.

In general, “When Your Eyes Say It” is one of Britney’s best ballads from the era.

What do you guys think, it’s there a real video filmed in the vaults?!?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it's true. The concept was Britney on tour and gets a note from her lover when she gets to her hotel room. It says to login to Yahoo messenger (who was a sponsor for her OIDIA tour) at midnight. She then engages in webcam s3x.

Jive thought it was too provocative for her and her fan base. So it was scrapped and plans to start the next album were started. 

5 minutes ago, dbagswag said:

I came across this info a few days ago too!! After some investigating it seemed like just a rumor

The song was supposed to be the 4th single from the album "Oops!... I Did It Again", but eventually was cancelled and "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know" was chosen instead. An unreleased music video was filmed and directed by Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, and is listed in MVDBase. Also, there is a UK promo CD for "When Your Eyes Say It" and a Chinese promo CD. 

This is what I also found. 

:zoomzoom:

i don't think it is true cause:

• they have no reason to cancel a single and a video back then when Britney was at her peak
  • Scrapney was born in 2004
  • the directors would have spoken about it, and at the very least we should have gotten stills
  • it would have been included in GH:MP DVD cause even an unfinished Outrageous clip was included in it

1 hour ago, Neneleaks said:

Yes it's true. The concept was Britney on tour and gets a note from her lover when she gets to her hotel room. It says to login to Yahoo messenger (who was a sponsor for her OIDIA tour) at midnight. She then engages in webcam s3x.

Jive thought it was too provocative for her and her fan base. So it was scrapped and plans to start the next album were started. 

Receipts?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 10:49 PM, Itachi said:

i don't think it is true cause:

• they have no reason to cancel a single and a video back then when Britney was at her peak
  • Scrapney was born in 2004
  • the directors would have spoken about it, and at the very least we should have gotten stills
  • it would have been included in GH:MP DVD cause even an unfinished Outrageous clip was included in it

So, no video them?!? 

On 7/7/2020 at 7:07 PM, Needleney said:

Sorry for ruining this, but the answer is: NO. Never happened.

Felicia comfirmed that a long time ago when a fan asked her about it.

:rip:

that fan

it's meeeeeeeeeeeeee :katybelt:

felicia.png

I remember I also contacted Bob Industries which is the company the alleged directors work for, and they told me they never did a video for Britney Spears, but I can't find out through which social media they answered me :haha: I think it was via email, but it's been so many years, I can't find it

Also, that alleged single, is fake

https://www.discogs.com/Britney-Spears-When-Your-Eyes-Say-It/release/4074191

look, it's listed as unofficial, and someone in the comments even says the Chinese on the cover doesn't make any sense

Archived