Trump: We're not closing. We'll never close.

I don’t like Trump, but he does have a point. :yaknow:
How much longer can we keep the country on lockdown? Unemployment is at 14.7%, the highest it has been since the Great Depression, and 20.7 million people have lost their jobs.

As much as I’d like everyone to stay home, many can’t afford to.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Leader
15 hours ago, Towelney said:

How much longer can we keep the country on lockdown? Unemployment is at 14.7%, the highest it has been since the Great Depression, and 20.7 million people have lost their jobs.

I understand that, too. But keeping the country open, putting the American people at further risk... for money? He doesn't care about American citizens. He cares about the mighty dollar. It's tough though yes because people also need income. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Towelney said:

you can't you use your money in your grave 

source.gif 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

you can't you use your money in your grave 

source.gif 

I understand your point. Truly.
What I meant was that some people can’t afford to stay at home. How are they going to be able buy food and water if they have no more income? 

The situation sucks either way :wontcry:

(And I hope we can keep this discussion peaceful ☺️)

• Love 3
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I understand that, too. But keeping the country open, putting the American people at further risk... for money? He doesn't care about American citizens. He cares about the mighty dollar. It's tough though yes because people also need income. 

The longer the country is closed the less it will be able to recover. The US relies on capitalism, and at one point its a fact that more people will die from unemployment than from the virus. It's not about Trump caring about money, he doesn't make money in the white house, it's literally about people's lives. Depression, lack of money to buy food and closing of small businesses will kill WAY more people than the virus ever will. So to be fair, he is caring about the people, he's looking at the bigger picture.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I understand the logic of both sides, but like Jordan said, he's in it for himself and the other 1%. You can't ignore that the only people that have benefited during this pandemic is the wealthy. While we cheered ONE $1200 stimulus check, they cheered millions more in their pockets to "help" their business, all the while the poor and middle continue to die off at the expense of making them MORE money. It's a money's game, and sunformatunely, the majority of us are just pawns, sacrificial and replaceable. 

If other countries were able to do it, and have now been cleared of new cases, we could too. But of course we have clowns that are only thinking about themselves and think they are above the rest. So we will continue to lose this battle.

• Love 2
  • Content Curators

heres the thing

throughout this quarantine so so so many americans took it lightly and never social distanced

thats the difference between us and other states

and now that states are finally opening up cases are rising again

and with the flu season to start in september

god bless us all :wontcry:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I can't speak about America, cause i don't live there.

But in Ireland we are going through a similar thing, its not an isolated country situation. I agree that we need to start opening up our countries to the citizens living in them.

Personally i think Out of Country travel should be banned till the beginning of 2021. That way countries can get there **** together internally before having to worry about flying in more illness and disease.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block