I honestly find myself watching reruns of old shows over and over again instead of new series.  The only thing that sucks now is that old shows are getting edited due to what’s going on in the world today.  I don’t think we need to necessarily rewrite all of history.  We need to learn from our mistakes, change, and do better.  Sorry, I’ll step down from my soapbox.  So, yes, I love old TV shows. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

I honestly find myself watching reruns of old shows over and over again instead of new series.  The only thing that sucks now is that old shows are getting edited due to what’s going on in the world today.  I don’t think we need to necessarily rewrite all of history.  We need to learn from our mistakes, change, and do better.  Sorry, I’ll step down from my soapbox.  So, yes, I love old TV shows. 

I just miss unrealistic, dumb tv shows, like Gossip Girl and the Vampire Diaries. :tear:

Not everything needs to be hyper-realistic and a social commentary. :crying1:

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I just miss unrealistic, dumb tv shows, like Gossip Girl and the Vampire Diaries. :tear:

Not everything needs to be hyper-realistic and a social commentary. :crying1:

My top four that I rewatch most of the time are Friends, *** and the City, The Golden Girls, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

• Love 3
Just now, Mattyj7883 said:

My top three that I rewatch most of the time are Friends, *** and the City, The Golden Girls, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I remember watching the Smex and the City movies! Loved them. :mcry: 

Ive been thinking of watching Buffy and Roswell. Should I?

• Love 1

Agreed. I miss the days when Sonny With A Chance dominated the ratings and the tabloids wrote about Demi Lovato being an absolute nightmare to work with....but we thought they were lying and Demi was an angel :jl:

la la land GIF by Demi Lovato

I also miss the bad girls club and Tanisha banging pots and pans. She was my alarm clock throughout college 

bad girls club throwback thursday GIF by RealityTVGIFs
I also miss when Lizzie McGuire used to act like she was texting in Microsoft excel and would provide epic choreography that was so intricate that even I couldn’t learn it

hilary duff dancing GIF
I also miss Tiffany “New York” Pollard being on my screen every week yelling at me

tiffany pollard GIF by RealityTVGIFs

The good days :wontcry:

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
Just now, OnlyFacts said:

Agreed. I miss the days when Sonny With A Chance dominated the ratings and the tabloids wrote about Demi Lovato being an absolute nightmare to work with....but we thought they were lying and Demi was an angel :jl:

la la land GIF by Demi Lovato

I also miss the bad girls club and Tanisha banging pots and pans. She was my alarm clock throughout college 

bad girls club throwback thursday GIF by RealityTVGIFs
I also miss when Lizzie McGuire used to act like she was texting in Microsoft excel and would provide epic choreography that was so intricate that even I couldn’t learn it

hilary duff dancing GIF
I also miss Tiffany “New York” Pollard being on my screen every week yelling at me

tiffany pollard GIF by RealityTVGIFs

The good days :wontcry:

We grew up in the best time :crying1: The only teen show I like to watch now is Riverdale. It’s so dumb and that’s why I love it.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Towelney said:

Yes!  Watch Buffy!  I actually just added Angel to my digital library last night.  Both good shows, but I need to watch Angel in its entirety.  I was definitely more into Buffy.sarah michelle gellar love GIF

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

I actually love old shows, they are better than today's ****!

I dont like how everything on tv is SO hypersexualized and just vulgar.

In 80s/90s shows they had morals and values while today's shows are just about slutting around and acting reckless.

It’s so hard to watch that on tv now. Since the love aspect has been taken out, it feels..odd.

Especially when two characters with absolutely no chemistry just do it for the “realism.”

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Towelney said:

We grew up in the best time :crying1: The only teen show I like to watch now is Riverdale. It’s so dumb and that’s why I love it.

I totally started watching that, got sucked in, got a friend into it, and then fell off the wagon.  I need to go back to it. season 3 riverdale GIF by NETFLIXunbelievable the cw GIF

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I probably should’ve worded it better. 

I mean that it’s not some heavy, depressing, show that fills 90% of itself with social commentary.

Whatchumean not depressing. :imacat:

I got depressed when Chuck and Blair fought and like broke up at the rooftop. :lessons:

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Towelney said:

You should most definitely watch Buffy! It's a childhood staple of mine and I rewatch it every year with my oldest sister and mom. :brityes:

24 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Yes!  Watch Buffy!  I actually just added Angel to my digital library last night.  Both good shows, but I need to watch Angel in its entirety.  I was definitely more into Buffy.sarah michelle gellar love GIF

Angel was hot garbage and I'm not ashamed to say that. :smokney2: Everyone praises it for being "sO mUcH dArKeR" and "mOrE dEvElOpEd" than Buffy. :sponge: :ririshade2: Well duh, of course it got a "better" start - Buffy literally paved the way for it. As for it being the darker show, that claim has no weight whatsoever and the only people who say that think Faith is a great character. :mcwave:

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
24 minutes ago, Towelney said:

It’s so hard to watch that on tv now. Since the love aspect has been taken out, it feels..odd.

Especially when two characters with absolutely no chemistry just do it for the “realism.”

Yeah I miss when shows used to have romantic storylines but now you dont see it anymore.

You just see nudity and s-x and its in SUCH a vulgar way that it makes you not wanna have it anymore.

At least thats how I feel :donewithit:

• Love 4
Just now, AmorProhibido said:

You should most definitely watch Buffy! It's a childhood staple of mine and I rewatch it every year with my oldest sister and mom. :brityes:

Angel was hot garbage and I'm not ashamed to say that. :smokney2: Everyone praises it for being "sO mUcH dArKeR" and "mOrE dEvElOpEd" than Buffy. :sponge: :ririshade2: Well duh, of course it got a "better" start - Buffy literally paved the way for it. As for it being the darker show, that claim has no weight whatsoever and the only people who say that think Faith is a great character. :mcwave:

I never got into it but watched a few episodes.  If anything I liked it for nostalgia reasons because of some of the same characters, the premise of the show (vampires, magic, fantasy, etc), and the occasional crossover.  Buffy was definitely more superior for me.  I just wish that it had stayed on the WB.  Or was the WB cancelled?  I can’t remember.  Still love me some Buffy.  I actually looked on my bookshelf the other day and remembered I have two chapter books which I believe were different stories than the stories showed on tv.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mattyj7883 said:

I never got into it but watched a few episodes.  If anything I liked it for nostalgia reasons because of some of the same characters, the premise of the show (vampires, magic, fantasy, etc), and the occasional crossover.  Buffy was definitely more superior for me.  I just wish that it had stayed on the WB.  Or was the WB cancelled?  I can’t remember.  Still love me some Buffy.  I actually looked on my bookshelf the other day and remembered I have two chapter books which I believe were different stories than the stories showed on tv.

Yeah I think that's what pulled everyone in but it's just so slow to me. Maybe I'm an impatient person, but it gets unbearably sluggish and I find myself missing the perfect pacing Buffy has. The crossovers were nice too, that one episode with Buffy in season 1 makes me ugly cry every time. :crying1: 

From what I've read (I was barely alive when all of this happened :selenerz:), WB became the CW and they didn’t want "old shows" for the rebranding. Hence why I always say Buffy was cancelled for Supernatural, of all the shows. :oprah: I don't have any of those books, but I have some of the season 8 Dark Horse comics, the Sunnydale yearbook, and the Slayer Handbook :haha: Plus those Original Xbox games but I'd rather not admit how many times I've beat them. :britdrown:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block