Britney's cousin Alli Sims speaks up: "she was caged then as well as now"

Now that time has passed and we can take a look back, I think it's crazy how many cages and chains references we've got along the years... It's quite sad, but at the same time I don't think many artists have done that before, so either she's very good at throwing hints, or her situation really is special and different from others.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, FreeLou said:

I’m all for #freebritney but Alli Sims and Sam Lutfi are scum as well. Obvious users taking advantage of her at the most fragile times.  Maybe things wouldn’t have taken such a turn if those loser enablers weren’t around in the first place. 

Shut up

4 minutes ago, jms910 said:

Well now we can see Britney has been using cage imagery for a while...Believe...Piece of Me on Circus Tour....that Elle photoshoot with her kids....Up n Down FF Tour...Make Me Video....Glory cover.....

7+Britney+Spears+in+a+photo+shoot+(+Cart

OMG there's so many cages! you're right:katycry:

• Haha 1
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

What I think is super interesting (generally speaking) is that Britney fans dislike literally everyone around Britney (with the exception of Fe, and even she some times gets flack). Can anyone name someone that is actually liked? Sam, Jamie, Jamie Lynn, Lynne, Cade, managers, RCA, The Zone etc. Everyone is trying to hurt Britney in some way apparently. 

Now hear me out. I'm not defending any of the people mentioned. There IS wrongdoing going on in Britney's life. What I'm trying to illustrate is that Internet culture in the Britney fandom... no one is good enough for her. That must suck for Britney that anyone in close proximity to her is subject to get criticized. 

I'm no angel, I've made mistakes in the past, but I've thoughtfully written and defended Britney for 16 years and even I'm criticized on a daily basis for~ using Britney,~ for trying to take her down etc. And I'm like WhAT?! I honestly don't know what more I could do to show the world that I think this woman is a champion. 

So I think I get sensitive when I see people tear down others, like the women from The Zone, Tess and Babs, Alli... sometimes I even feel compassion for her business manager Lou and father because of the hate (even if I disagree with how they've handled/handle things)... it just doesn't feel right. This comment isn't directed at anyone here btw. Just speaking in broader terms. 

I totally agree with you. I think it is also a way of taking responsibility off of Britney. As much of a victim as she might be, which I think she is, she is also a grown-up  who has also made bad choices in her life. Many. But it's easier to blame it on everyone around her "poor baby, Britney, look at all those monsters" type of idea, instead of saying: Girl, you have also ducked up.

Brtney's life might have gotten derailed, she did have a ****ty , blind team, awful situation in general, but part of what she has, she has built, good and bad. And her consequences are part of her choices.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - Britney Spears is a master of letting her thoughts be known without uttering a word. The symbolism in this ad is no different. The first thing that came to mind was Mya Angelou’s poem “caged bird” an excerpt: 

“But a bird that stalks

down his narrow cage

can seldom see through

his bars of rage

his wings are clipped and   

his feet are tied

so he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings   

with a fearful trill   

of things unknown   

but longed for still   

and his tune is heard   

on the distant hill   

for the caged bird   

sings of freedom.”

Britney is an avid reader  i can’t imagine this isn’t linked. 

• Love 7
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

She made music yea but most of it never came out. Perhaps Britney encouraged her to make music too? I personally don't think the Britney Army should sink their teeth into her. 

@Jordan Miller First off, I always love your fair and balanced approach to certain circumstances when it comes to the controversial topics in Britney’s life. It’s important for healthy conversation, debate and dialogue. 

Now, I dont remember Alli’s time w Britney super vividly, but if im remembering it correctly, (and I could be wrong), she was Britney’s personal assistant cousin that worked for her during, what was at that time, the biggest lull in Britney’s career. I remember her being very prominent in Britney’s life during the Britney party days/the **** use era that preceded the actual breakdown then anything else.

I remember her getting shut out once the conservatorship came into place in the same way Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Sam and the other problematic people in Britney‘s life were. 

Because she is a family member that wasnt predatory like Sam Lutfi, and she had no major influence/involvement over Britney’s financial or business life (just a personal asst), all that’s left for reasons to be pushed out of Britney’s life post conservatorship is her personal influence/lifestyle choices at the time. 

While the fanbase can definitely debate #FreeBritney/TheConservatorship today.... (given how long it’s been in place and some of the things that we’ve heard in the past couple of years)... I think we still have to be fair when looking at the beginning of the conservatorship. All of Britney‘s family (including Jamie) had been estranged from her for so long, watching her mental health deteriorate and having the world wonder if she would just wind up dead one day. 

Regardless of how we all feel about the conservatorship today, it is in fact the thing that saved her from falling off the edge 12 years ago. 

Until everyone involved back then could figure out what exactly was wrong w Britney, and how to go about helping it, they needed to remove everyone that was not safe for Britney at the time...especially from a partying/substance abuse standpoint. 

Maybe as a younger person back then, Alli was a part of that party life that just wasnt good for Britney’s first steps of mental health and substance abuse recovery? I dont know...But I don’t see any other reason for her to be out of Britney’s life if she was In fact safe and didnt have a lifestyle that may have been negative for Britney at that time. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
47 minutes ago, Bigno said:

I think it is also a way of taking responsibility off of Britney.

Britney's responsibility was to let those people into her life.

Britney's responsibility was not to get away from that toxic environment that she has as a family.

Britney's responsibility is to be flexible with her family and team.

Britney's responsibility is not to have permanently fired Larry Rudolph at that time.

Britney's responsibility is not to have hired a good lawyer and to agree to the intransigence of Kevin and his lawyer.

Britney's responsibility is not to have denounced Lou M. Taylor in court.

Britney's responsibility is not to have denounced and let Sam Lutfi into her life.

Britney's responsibility was trust due to her ignorance and despair for example in psychiatrists.

Britney's responsibility is that she did not speak loudly and clearly in the press and in the court about the people who were hurting her.

Britney's responsibility was that she was not strong and was not sensible, she was very vulnerable and made it very easy to destroy her.

1 hour ago, Itscuzim31 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - Britney Spears is a master of letting her thoughts be known without uttering a word. The symbolism in this ad is no different. The first thing that came to mind was Mya Angelou’s poem “caged bird” an excerpt: 

“But a bird that stalks

down his narrow cage

can seldom see through

his bars of rage

his wings are clipped and   

his feet are tied

so he opens his throat to sing.

The caged bird sings   

with a fearful trill   

of things unknown   

but longed for still   

and his tune is heard   

on the distant hill   

for the caged bird   

sings of freedom.”

Britney is an avid reader  i can’t imagine this isn’t linked. 

It reminds me of this Alicia keys song the lyrics are pretty sad 

• Love 1

I remember when she bought horrible wigs for Britney :gtfo:, walked with her at parties :bparty:and tried to become a singer:jumpney:. And it seems to me that at that time she led a healthier lifestyle than Britney :smokney2: and simply actively promoted against her background. She always seemed to me very cunning:calculating: 

• Like 3

I don’t see how Ali was a bad person? What because she was with Britney during a dark time in her life that makes her a user and an enabler? You can’t change the way someone feels or wants to behave you can just be there for them.

I think people just believe the narrative we were forced to believe by her team back in 2008 that they “rescued” her and that Sam and Ali were “bad people”. I think we know who that bad people really are :deserves:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
  • Leader

First of all thank you for the kind words. I appreciate that. 

2 hours ago, Army1 said:

But I don’t see any other reason for her to be out of Britney’s life if she was In fact safe and didnt have a lifestyle that may have been negative for Britney at that time. 

Because that's how you control someone.

I do agree that the conservatorship pulled Britney out of the spiral, but it appears they're still using that same thinking pattern - if the conservatorship is not in place she could lose control again - it's backwards. It worked then, but things, circumstances and people change. Yet the restrictions have remained the same. It's unjust. 

12 minutes ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

You can’t change the way someone feels or wants to behave you can just be there for them.

This.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I'm with @Jordan Miller

It seem the army would be happy if she was doing one night stands, Have no social life, Just her and her kids and thats it. 

So she can't have friends, lovers, etc..

This is what I'm getting, you want her to have freedom, But it seems you want Britney to be a mirror image of most of u.

I never not once got the feeling that Britney wanted to be a ho, she wasn't raised like that.

Neither were any of u. 

• Love 1