MAKE ME was a good lead single choice

Eda

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t mind it but I don’t think it was strong. After the flop that was Britney Jean and pretty girls, Britney had to switch gears and try to reinvent herself. So in that regard, make me did it’s job. It was well received, but the video is what messed it up (thanks Larry and co). I think DYWCO or Just Luv Me would’ve been great first singles. 

I honestly still think Make Me was really strong lead single choice it was different than her other leads in term of sound  but that video they relased just .... BIG NO its just so uninspring and cringy. 

Work by Rih and Drake was one of the most popular songs of 2016 and I dont tkink it was/is better song than MAKE ME

9 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

We value your opinion :parisok: but I have to respectfully disagree :cheese: if it was a good lead single then why didn’t it make an impact? Why did Glory debut at #3? Don’t get me wrong its not a bad song but I would have preferred another song as the lead single :brityes:

Because of 

Cringy make me video

Her Vma performance( production and visually) wasnt good enough to follow Beyonce ( I dont like Beyonce at all but her team and she knows how to use visualls and media to promate her album

11 minutes ago, Eda said:

Because of 

Cringy make me video

Her Vma performance( production and visually) wasnt good enough to follow Beyonce ( I am not a fan of  her at all ) but her team and she knows how to use visualls and media to promate her album

Also 2016 album cover...they changed but why not relase original one in 2016 instead of that boring close up face shot

The song itself was a good choice. People wanted songs like DYWCO as the lead single when Selena and Rihanna and other pop stars started putting out mid tempo singles. Make Me was a good choice and her team was kinda smart for getting G Eazy on when he wasn’t a total flop yet. Obviously the video and the one single performance ruined any chances of it going past top 20 

It was the perfect change of pace from the patterns her singles had followed the past couple of eras. So many wasted opportunities, though. The video is the obvious one, but the promotional performances should have been a mix of strong choreography with some live instrumentation, kind of like what she did for Oops at TRL - and live vocals were a must, then she might have got somewhere with the song.

Archived