Serious question: Did canceling Dr. Luke kill pop music?

luke.jpg.8fdb9e077b241e0e311118edbca33328.jpg

Might be controversial but unlike Kesha, he has been found innocent several times by a court of law. Regardless, the court of public opinion cancelled him.

Dr. Luke lost his label as Sony paid him out of his imprint Kemosabe and fired him. 

Though he has been found not guilty several times.

My big question: did #MeToo, cancelling Dr. Luke and the take down of the manly-man kill pop music? It does seem the gays went to rap since it is ratchet, sleazy and proud to be slutty and ******. 

Where pop music and the females feel like they have something to say, the party is over til the patriarch is over and men are no longer needed in music. 

It does seem the male bashing in female pop music did turn off the gays by killing the genre. Since it has become part of the new version of feminist movement where men aren't celebrated but seen as evil.

• Like 1

I think Dr Luke being blacklisted by artists meant that certified bops were harder to find. Personality aside, he is a musical genius much like his mentor Max Martin. But pop girls were everywhere from ‘08-‘15. The market was saturated with existing acts like Britney, P!nk, Rihanna, Madge, Kelly C, Beyoncé as well as newcomers like Gaga, Katy, Kesha, Miley, Ariana and more. There was already too much competition and pop was already in decline. The allegations against him only accelerated the inevitable shift. Its just how it goes I guess. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3

I feel like....no. Music goes thru trends and he was one of them. I believe he has been producing music under a few alias’s and those records haven’t really become hits. He did create bops but you can definitely hear his signature in all of his songs. Max Martin is still crafting bops and he’s 20 years into his career :tired:

I have noticed that Pop music comes and goes. Right now hiphop n trap are the trend so maybe in a few years Dr. Luke can make a comeback. Who knows :idkney:

2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I feel like....no. Music goes thru trends and he was one of them. I believe he has been producing music under a few alias’s and those records haven’t really become hits. He did create bops but you can definitely hear his signature in all of his songs. Max Martin is still crafting bops and he’s 20 years into his career :tired:

I have noticed that Pop music comes and goes. Right now hiphop n trap are the trend so maybe in a few years Dr. Luke can make a comeback. Who knows :idkney:

He just had a number 1 single with Say So. He is still very much here just working under a pseudonym. 

Music goes through phases and I think Pop music is just not in the forefront right now... I think it will have a resurgence though... I mean Future Nostalgia is one of the best albums of the year 😙

• Love 3
  • Like 3

For a period, yes pop DID die with his decline :yaknow: however, even if Dr, Luke might have worked on of the absolute best songs of this year (Say so), pop is now absolutely fine with him :straddle: after hours, Future nostalgia, Manic, High road (Kesha basically roasted Luke with this record :jj:), and many other albums released this year have been fantastic :goat: so now we are basically going through a pop resurgence 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I'm ready for Rap to take it's decline again, the genre doesn't have any gems like what Missy produced back in her hey day.

A quick look at the top 40 and It's littered with flavor of the week stuff no one is gonna care about in a year.

Where are the iconic hits?

There's literally only Don't Start Now, Rain On Me and MAYBE Blinding Lights and Circles that people will love five years from now.

I want EDM to come back to the forefront like 2011, we need fun dance music more than ever right now.

I think that's why I'm loving Future Nostalgia and Chromatica so much right now.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
19 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

luke.jpg.8fdb9e077b241e0e311118edbca33328.jpg

Might be controversial but unlike Kesha, he has been found innocent several times by a court of law. Regardless, the court of public opinion cancelled him.

Dr. Luke lost his label as Sony paid him out of his imprint Kemosabe and fired him. 

Though he has been found not guilty several times.

My big question: did #MeToo, cancelling Dr. Luke and the take down of the manly-man kill pop music? It does seem the gays went to rap since it is ratchet, sleazy and proud to be slutty and ******. 

Where pop music and the females feel like they have something to say, the party is over til the patriarch is over and men are no longer needed in music. 

It does seem the male bashing in female pop music did turn off the gays by killing the genre. Since it has become part of the new version of feminist movement where men aren't celebrated but seen as evil.

Yeah um based on what proof did he “allegedly” big word there, assault Kesha? Sounds as it always did from the start murky and false. But I mean it’s not like women have lied or exploited this “me too” movement. No, that would just be well silly and horrendous because women don’t do that right.

• Haha 1

Pop music was so over saturated with his songs before his downfall. So it would look like it started to "kill" pop music since he had his fingers in everything, now though i think Pop music is more accepting of newer and different producers. Not every singer is going to just one producer anymore there evolving and advancing the genre!

Though unrelated, his downfall also brought Katy Perry down as well. With him gone, she couldn't get another Teenage Dream. But i say that's Karma for talking bad about someone mental health Katy :flop:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SexyLove said:

Dua Lipa says hello!

Good Pop music can exist. It's just there's less pop artists out there these days because rap is unfortunately really popular again.

Plus right now...we are getting very good and quality pop music. So many pop albums have been released this year which have been great.

43 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

I'm ready for Rap to take it's decline again, the genre doesn't have any gems like what Missy produced back in her hey day.

A quick look at the top 40 and It's littered with flavor of the week stuff no one is gonna care about in a year.

Where are the iconic hits?

There's literally only Don't Start Now, Rain On Me and MAYBE Blinding Lights and Circles that people will love five years from now.

I want EDM to come back to the forefront like 2011, we need fun dance music more than ever right now.

I think that's why I'm loving Future Nostalgia and Chromatica so much right now.

Preach gurl!
Rap isn’t what it was anymore.

It fell from really good songs from The B.I.G and Eminem about substantial content but look where mainstream rap is now? How many times do you hear a swear word in just one verse? How many rap songs that you hear degrade a women’s value or objectifying them? How many times do you see a rap video where they just flex and have girls? 

Remember when everybody freaked about Britney’s outfit in BOMT, just because she was revealing her belly? Yeah, now we have 16-year old rappers like lil Tecca making horrible videos like Ransom. 

The instrumentals in rap are rePITIVE at this point. How many times do you hear that skrrrrrrr sound?
I pray that this decade, rap and trap has a hard and strong death this decade. Now there r signs of that happening and I hope pop comes back stronger

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block