Points were made: Charlie Puth comments on toxic Internet culture

The best way to deal with it is not read it. I feel sorry for any celebs that can’t help but look through the awful comments. I doubt it will ever stop. The internet is an unmetered cesspool, particularly social media. 
I’ve always thought people pushing the “he’s def a top/btm/gay/leprechaun” thing was disgusting. Same thing happened to Zayn and Shawn Mendes. The “woke” generation always doing their best though :tina:

• Love 1

This is exactly why I got rid of twitter, fb, Tiktok and Instagram. All social media platforms. Exhale is the only online  community I'm apart of and I do enjoy life a lot more. Those endless hours of news feed scrolling have been replaced. I have picked up a few books that I bought but never actually read. It's insane how life changed for me and how easy it is to live without the main social platforms. 

• Love 3

Honestly, if anything needs to be 'cancelled' it's social media in general lol.  It used to be a great for communication, collaborating and sharing moments and inspiration, but now it's just nastiness from all sides of the spectrum, all communities, all walks of life.  When everyone has a 'loud' anonymous voice, it leads to abuse and people (especially kids) getting influenced by this and growing up thinking it's ok. 

There's always been nastiness, but it's extremely amplified when it's so easy to hide behind a screen and create unlimited anonymous accounts.

I bet if social media companies forced everyone to register with government registered ID with verification check and your full name on display, then everyone would be accountable for what they say and the amount of toxic crap would be reduced greatly.
But sadly, that'll never happen because to them ad revenue/views >>>>>> people's lives.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

When did he collaborate with BTS? :squint:

I don't think they have any songs together, but one of the members had expressed many times how much he loved Charlie - he even did a cover that got a lot of attention (I think it sits at like 30 million views on YouTube alone). They ended up doing 2 (?) collab stages at one of the biggest Korean award shows:

The member who did the cover (same song as well).

I think Charlie even received an award at this award show for some reason. :gtfo:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block