Points were made: Charlie Puth comments on toxic Internet culture

• Leader

puth.jpg.f5e4ec057b4c4551cfeed58901023ffd.jpg

Charlie Puth wants the gross Internet hate to stop. 

"I don’t usually pay any mind to things like this, but something has to be said. This dangerous, toxic, internet screaming match between ‘fandoms’ has to stop. I’m 28 years old, so it doesn’t really mean anything to me when some person I don’t know writes a nasty message to me...," he wrote.

"...saying things like “I used BTS for clout”. I don’t know what that means- I love those guys and they are super talented."

"It may sound cliche, but please be nicer to each other on here. No more screaming about made up nonsense. It does nobody any good. We all need to love each other MORE THAN EVER RIGHT NOW."

I love what Charlie wrote. I've noticed there are more comments on the Internet than ever before, and a lot of them are outright rude. I think it's because...

1. There's just more people on the Internet than ever before, thus more comments. 
  2. The world is the most unsettled it's been in years.
  3. The accessibility to leave comments is so easy that people can impulsively write what they feel in that moment without any self-reflection first. It's ok to think something and not immediately comment it :jj: 

Thoughts? 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

I recall an artist, I can't remember the clip,  But she stated that a person went to her and Said I'm a bigger fan of this artist, therefore I can't stan you or be a fan.

It actually hurt her and she even said, The stan wars among black culture is the worst of any kind? Because of there can only be one, but if the media is done with any of U, They will erase you.

Look at Nicki, The media painted her as a villain beginning in 2015. And it's still working,  she's slowly being replaced. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Style. said:

Anyway 

Jordan Miller, why did you have to censor the word ***? 
be13e89e86d221924214e511d797e0ec.gif

Aren’t we suppose to be on a Britney forum and not on some kindergarten from 19th century? 
tumblr_my2pf9R8ti1qdcxoeo1_500.gifv

Blame Google, this is his revenue of income a long list of forbidden words, Since nobody is willing to pay to use this forum. He has to get money somehow..

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 2

Twitter, IG, Facebook, etc are all incredibly toxic for your mental health. People are allowed to say whatever they want without any consequences and it allows people to spew hateful ****. I agree with him but ultimately, the internet will internet and if you’re seeking peace, you need to step away from it all and disconnect... which is what I do every few days.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Yeah, he’s basically just said what I’ve been saying for weeks on here. Young people and actually some older people that should really know better are bored af just now and are hopping online to cancel celebs or just generally spread toxic negativity because they have nothing better to do with their time right now.

schitts creek yes GIF by CBC

• Love 4
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Blame Google, this is his revenue of income a long list of forbidden words, Since nobody is willing to pay to use this forum. He has to get money somehow..

i dont understand that, you search that word on google and millions of results come up... whats the logic hunnny

53 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

puth.jpg.f5e4ec057b4c4551cfeed58901023ffd.jpg

Charlie Puth wants the gross Internet hate to stop. 

"I don’t usually pay any mind to things like this, but something has to be said. This dangerous, toxic, internet screaming match between ‘fandoms’ has to stop. I’m 28 years old, so it doesn’t really mean anything to me when some person I don’t know writes a nasty message to me...," he wrote.

"...saying things like “I used BTS for clout”. I don’t know what that means- I love those guys and they are super talented."

"It may sound cliche, but please be nicer to each other on here. No more screaming about made up nonsense. It does nobody any good. We all need to love each other MORE THAN EVER RIGHT NOW."

I love what Charlie wrote. I've noticed there are more comments on the Internet than ever before, and a lot of them are outright rude. I think it's because...

1. There's just more people on the Internet than ever before, thus more comments. 
  2. The world is the most unsettled it's been in years.
  3. The accessibility to leave comments is so easy that people can impulsively write what they feel in that moment without any self-reflection first. It's ok to think something and not immediately comment it :jj: 

Thoughts? 

The internet is literally the most disgusting place. I’m so done making excuses for the culture, or defending people behind their keyboards. It’s gotten to a point where it’s pathetic to shame people for no reason. If you don’t like something, here’s such a novel concept. DON’T CONSUME it. 

TO BE FAIR.... I use this mantra in my daily life, so I don’t follow people on twitter that piss me off, and I’ve been off Facebook for years. It’s up to each of us when enough is enough.

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block