Time's up for Tess Barker & Babs Gray (opinion)

I'm sorry to say it, but I believe the girls behind Britney's Gram have shown great disrespect for their audience and the Britney fanbase as a whole by dropping of the way they did. I was always a big fan of their work and have been beyond patient and understanding about the fact that they have lives and careers outside of #FreeBritney, but to completely disappear without a word shows  what level of regard they have for their listenership. 

As far as they did in uncovering the injustice and leading the movement,  you would think their loyal and supporting audience would have earned the respect of at least being notified that there would be an extended hiatus. Obviously, they are free to do as they wish and it's their prerogative how involved they want to be, but their sudden drop off not only a strikingly unprofessional way to handle such a decision, it raises serious questions about the reasons behind this sudden shift. And for these reasons...

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

I am unfollowing Tess and Babs on social media and giving the Britney's Gram podcast a 1-star rating. Who's with me?  D4Qwxx5VUAA5kw2.jpg.4d38708c8d87372d5edacd7f69827a82.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t disagree. It feels like they’ve abandoned the fan base. I think giving them a 1-star review is going a little far but I won’t judge anyone who wants to do that.

Even if they are being sued by Team CON that’s not an excuse to say nothing at all.  They’re still allowed to make a statement like, “Sorry guys. Legally we can’t say much right now.”

They shouldn’t have promised us all these bombshell revelations they amassed and secret projects that never came. Their absence wouldn’t sit so badly if they hadn’t done that. 

Just now, C0CKy said:

Even if they are being sued by Team CON that’s not an excuse to say nothing at all.  They’re still allowed to make a statement like, “Sorry guys. Legally we can’t say much right now.”

Exactly. I'm not asking for more than this and I would understand if they said something like this. It's just rude and disrespectful to their audience to just drop off without a word. It's like if Jordan pulled the plug on exhale all of a sudden and refused to mention it or address any of us afterward. It doesn't make any sense, does it?

Just now, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Exactly. I'm not asking for more than this and I would understand if they said something like this. It's just rude and disrespectful to their audience to just drop off without a word. It's like if Jordan pulled the plug on exhale all of a sudden and refused to mention it or address any of us afterward. It doesn't make any sense, does it?

Also consider, these women are not very rich and probably cannot afford private security.  Their safety matters.  We have no idea about what powerful people could be tied into this stuff. 

14 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

If they were sued, do you have the money to pay their attorney and court fees?  If not, this statement is irrelevant. 

But where is freedom of expression? And more those who have a great ace up their sleeve and have a credible source that can destroy Britney's team of lawyers and "Britney's team", in fact, they have not sued nor does her team refer to that source.

1 minute ago, jordeezy said:

Also consider, these women are not very rich and probably cannot afford private security.  Their safety matters.  We have no idea about what powerful people could be tied into this stuff. 

It takes no money to shoot out a tweet saying "sorry guys, something's happened and we need to distance ourselves from this" or anything to that effect. They haven't walked back anything they've said or dissociated themselves from the movement, which would put them in a safer place with the "powers at be" if they were in fact in danger. 

2 minutes ago, LLuvia said:

But where is freedom of expression? And more those who have a great ace up their sleeve and have a credible source that can destroy Britney's team of lawyers, in fact, they have not sued nor does her team refer to that source.

Freedom of expression LEGALLY is allowed but it also comes with a HUGE price tag if you have any misinformation that could meet libel standards.  Also, taking on the courts themselves is scary. It's not right but it's reality.  

3 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

It takes no money to shoot out a tweet saying "sorry guys, something's happened and we need to distance ourselves from this" or anything to that effect. They haven't walked back anything they've said or dissociated themselves from the movement, which would put them in a safer place with the "powers at be" if they were in fact in danger. 

I have a lot of respect for them.  I do not agree with all of their politics but I think they have played a huge role in the movement for Britney's freedom.  I think we should give then a lot of credit for NOT walking back on their claims and the information they revealed. 

I agree they should have made a more firm statement saying they would not be making any more episodes. They’ve continued with their other podcast Lady 2 Lady... 

it shocks me they haven’t even done a check in since January but I also understand That legal issues might have gotten in the way. 

it sucks but I guess it is what it is 

I’m not quite sure what they would have to update fans with considering there’s a significant gap between court dates. If they have projects maybe they are still working on them. Documentaries take a long time. These women were not a credible source prior to that voicemail and they did not have to share that with the world. They took a huge risk doing so. I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t have any more tea to spill but I never got my hopes up anyways. You shouldn’t either. Just be happy with any important news you do get. Unfollowing them and leaving a bad review is unnecessary. They’re literally the reason the #freebritney movement started. Be a little thankful and stop acting like they owe you more because they don’t. It’s too soon to say they gave up on us anyways.

I understand their possible fear, threats, sued, silent, etc... I just hate the fact they promised news and never fullfilled the thing.

Maybe they will show up somehow with another bomb, but I don't have any more hope about the podcast girls for the case.

Archived