Taylor Swift brings out Alanis Morissette on tour. It wasn't well received.

When you think of the 90s, Jagged little pill is a generation X and older millennials 1981-1986 defining album, somehow Taylor swift thought it was a good idea to bring out Alanis Morissette to perform you oughta know, while most her surprise guests were praised, this one got a most negative response from the audience. 

This was probably the first and last time she performed with a "Veteran act" as her audience wasn't happy. 

Neither was one critic who was actually jealous of Taylor's audience for not growing up with Alanis Morissette and this song. 

In August 2015, Taylor Swift invited Morissette on stage in Los Angeles to sing the song with her. Many of Swift's fans at the concert, who had been born since the song's release, expressed bewilderment as to her identity. In Slate, Amanda Marcotte suggested it was better they didn't, criticizing the song in the process. "I am happy for these teenagers who don't know who Alanis Morissette is. I envy you, teens," she wrote. "[W]eirdly enough, 'You Oughta Know' was held up in 1995 as some kind of feminist anthem of empowerment, an angry yalp of rebellion from ladies who had enough," she recalled. While she found nothing wrong with that idea in principle, she compared Morissette's perspective in the song to men who lash out at women who they believe have put them in the "friend zone." "It's still a song about refusing to take no for an answer. This is a 'yes means yes' world. There's no reason for the teens of this world to know anything about Alanis Morissette."

It's extremely awkward,  she hypes the audience up, and the whole thing backfired as nobody knew her or the song.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived