Madonna to receive the Billboard icon award in 2021???

Go to wikipedia, type Billboard icon award and you will see in Red 2021 but It's expected to go to Madonna.

Making this the worst kept secret, what's worse The cancelled 2020 BBMAS icon award went To Garth Brooks, an artist who pioneered The Bro country genre which is insanely popular today.

I truly believe Billboard caved after Madonna got called out for saying everytime she goes to an "American" award show she is never honored the way she's used to in Virtually international award shows. 

The lambs called her out saying she made it about her, She didn't mention Mariah Carey,  But this is the same woman that said the success of Mariah Carey was due to the dumbing of America. 

Give it to Mariah Carey, she has real talent, is funny, and has great songs.

I know its an unpopular opinion, but Madonna is always trying to stay relevant by going into drama. Where as Mariah Carey just opens her mouth and boom MAGIC!. Yeah she has had some crappy years too, and new years eve lmao, but now shes as good as ever. And Caution was a fantastic album!

Mariah Carey > Madonna ALWAYS

Try Me Come At Me GIF - TryMe ComeAtMe FightingStance - Discover ...

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

I know its an unpopular opinion, but Madonna is always trying to stay relevant by going into drama. Where as Mariah Carey just opens her mouth and boom MAGIC!. Yeah she has had some crappy years too, and new years eve lmao, but now shes as good as ever. And Caution was a fantastic album!

Yeah but I mean is Mariah Carey that relevant? Yeah, we all know she always has a seasonal resurgence in November-December but Caution did underperform, after all

7 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

Scratch That, It Really Should Go To Christina Aguilera.  I Like Madonna Much More Than Mariah Or Xtina.  But, Xtina Never Wins Awards Anymore, Give Her The Win.  

5 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yeah but I mean is Mariah Carey that relevant? Yeah, we all know she always has a seasonal resurgence in November-December but Caution did underperform, after all

Whilst i do agree that it under performed, when i think of Icon, the first person that comes to my mind (expect Brit) is Mariah Carey. Her chart dominance in her early years, her constant Christmas number 1. Her 18-19 Number Ones. Her songwriting expertise, all of it really shows what a "true" icon Mariah Carey is in the actual sense of the word.

I just want Mariah Carey to get some recognition for the stuff she doesn't, yes her voice is widely recongized but her songwriting and production isn't.

Whilst Caution peaked at 4, and Madame X peaked at 1, personally i say Caution was a more profound album since it was Mariah Carey proving to the world after the new years eve fiasco, that she still got it! And she does

- Alestaos

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Alestaos said:

Whilst i do agree that it under performed, when i think of Icon, the first person that comes to my mind (expect Brit) is Mariah Carey. Her chart dominance in her early years, her constant Christmas number 1. Her 18-19 Number Ones. Her songwriting expertise, all of it really shows what a "true" icon Mariah Carey is in the actual sense of the word.

I just want Mariah Carey to get some recognition for the stuff she doesn't, yes her voice is widely recongized but her songwriting and production isn't.

Whilst Caution peaked at 4, and Madame X peaked at 1, personally i say Caution was a more profound album since it was Mariah Carey proving to the world after the new years eve fiasco, that she still got it! And she does

- Alestaos

Oh I totally get it but I mean we aren’t going to forget what Madonna has done for the pop industry. 
However, I definitely agree with u :mhm:

• Like 2
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

Oh I totally get it but I mean we aren’t going to forget what Madonna has done for the pop industry. 
However, I definitely agree with u :mhm:

Awesome!

And i agree, Madonna has done so much for the pop industry especially bringing sexualization into the mainstream and allowing female artists to have the freedom to chose how they want to represented in the media. She changed the pop scene enabling stars like Britney to come out without such a large negative backlash. Madonna should be praised for what a cultural impact she has made, an impact that will be felt long after shes passed.

But what makes me dislike her, is she her attitude. Especially towards up and coming stars, like when Lady Gaga was coming through she dragged her any chance she got. Also she comes across as insecure when she does attack Younger Artists, but i also dislike that whenever she has a new album coming out she starts unnecessary drama.

Saying the success of Mariah Carey is the dumbing down of America is irresponsible and tbh disrespectful, for Mariahs accolades, i am sure if it was said about Madonna, she would say it was jealously. Just Madonna comes across very narcissistic, and that in itself is not a good look. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

Awesome!

And i agree, Madonna has done so much for the pop industry especially bringing sexualization into the mainstream and allowing female artists to have the freedom to chose how they want to represented in the media. She changed the pop scene enabling stars like Britney to come out without such a large negative backlash. Madonna should be praised for what a cultural impact she has made, an impact that will be felt long after shes passed.

But what makes me dislike her, is she her attitude. Especially towards up and coming stars, like when Lady Gaga was coming through she dragged her any chance she got. Also she comes across as insecure when she does attack Younger Artists, but i also dislike that whenever she has a new album coming out she starts unnecessary drama.

Saying the success of Mariah Carey is the dumbing down of America is irresponsible and tbh disrespectful, for Mariahs accolades, i am sure if it was said about Madonna, she would say it was jealously. Just Madonna comes across very narcissistic, and that in itself is not a good look. 

Full-on agree with you! But to be fair, Madonna growing up didn’t have it very easy. Maybe that’s why she a high ego. Now you can go on to say that even Mariah and Britney went through hell yet they didn’t change, but I isn’t always the same case for many people. That’s why in the movies when you see a dark and snobby or villain, they always show the backstory of them and what caused them to be what they are now

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Full-on agree with you! But to be fair, Madonna growing up didn’t have it very easy. Maybe that’s why she a high ego. Now you can go on to say that even Mariah and Britney went through hell yet they didn’t change, but I isn’t always the same case for many people. That’s why in the movies when you see a dark and snobby or villain, they always show the backstory of them and what caused them to be what they are now

Whilst i respect that point of view, and can understand the basis of it. From personal experience not holding someone accountable for there actions and giving them a reason as to why they maybe like they are, is a form of enabling to them. 

I can understand her having a high ego, especially when we take into account everything shes accomplished and the tough life she led in early development, but i would of hoped that she would of been more caring to not, have a similar effect on the up and coming stars. 

I think i guess i expect more from her, because of what she did for the industry and how she could help countless other stars find there voice in an oppressive industry. It just irritates me when she tries to diminish other peoples success, like Mariah's or Lady Gagas, etc.Or when she hops onto things that are trending without educating herself, it makes her look erratic (like the way she adopted her son). 

She should be better imo, since she has nothing to prove anymore. But i also understand how unfair my opinion is towards Madonna.

And now i have an image of Madonna sitting in a chair like Cruella De-vil, smoking her cigarette, whilst we just watch her story on the big screen. haha :lolnoworries:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Alestaos said:

Whilst i respect that point of view, and can understand the basis of it. From personal experience not holding someone accountable for there actions and giving them a reason as to why they maybe like they are, is a form of enabling to them. 

I can understand her having a high ego, especially when we take into account everything shes accomplished and the tough life she led in early development, but i would of hoped that she would of been more caring to not, have a similar effect on the up and coming stars. 

I think i guess i expect more from her, because of what she did for the industry and how she could help countless other stars find there voice in an oppressive industry. It just irritates me when she tries to diminish other peoples success, like Mariah's or Lady Gagas, etc.Or when she hops onto things that are trending without educating herself, it makes her look erratic (like the way she adopted her son). 

She should be better imo, since she has nothing to prove anymore. But i also understand how unfair my opinion is towards Madonna.

And now i have an image of Madonna sitting in a chair like Cruella De-vil, smoking her cigarette, whilst we just watch her story on the big screen. haha :lolnoworries:

True. Very true 

• Love 1
On 7/6/2020 at 4:23 PM, Alestaos said:

I am pretty sure both, Madonna and Mariah, moved on from this 27 years old feud.

• 9 months later...

When did Madonna ever say she doesn’t get awards at American shows but she does at international ones? I’m a pretty big fan of hers and I don’t recall that at all. 
Just the opposite she says she doesn’t care about awards and doesn’t get her validation from outside sources. She criticized Kanye West for making a big fuss about losing to Taylor Swift because awards are meaningless. 
This award isn’t really based on merit, but who they can get to show up and perform. 
I don’t think Madonna would  go there and perform between album cycles so they probably aren’t giving it to her. 
And I really don’t think Madonna has a bigger ego than other performers. Pretty much every successful rich artist has a big ego. It comes with the territory and you probably need one to become successful. 
I am a bit surprised people don’t remember Mariah getting this award in 2019. Her speech and performance was widely covered. I’m only a casual fan and I clearly remember it. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block