True Crime

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This year alone I've watched: The Tinder Swindler, Worst Roommate Ever, Bad Vegan and Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story on Netflix. I'm interested in Our Father, The Mystery of Marilyn Monroe, The John Wayne Gacy Tapes and Meltdown: Three Mile Island (not sure if this counts as 'true crime' though).

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Isla said:

This year alone I've watched: The Tinder Swindler, Worst Roommate Ever, Bad Vegan and Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story on Netflix. I'm interested in Our Father, The Mystery of Marilyn Monroe, The John Wayne Gacy Tapes and Meltdown: Three Mile Island (not sure if this counts as 'true crime' though).

The John Wayne Gacy Tapes was definitely a good in depth look at the deranged mf. One of the better Netflix true crime docs in my opinion.

Worst Roommate Ever was also engaging, the episode with the guy who took the ladies cats made my skin crawl.

• Love 2
On 5/11/2022 at 6:52 PM, Lane said:

Obsessed with On the Case with Paula Zahn lately and the new season of See No Evil has been really good.

I love ID.  :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

I need to get back to watching these both! 

On 5/12/2022 at 10:56 AM, Lane said:

The John Wayne Gacy Tapes was definitely a good in depth look at the deranged mf. One of the better Netflix true crime docs in my opinion.

Worst Roommate Ever was also engaging, the episode with the guy who took the ladies cats made my skin crawl.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:46 AM, Isla said:

How was John Wayne and Jimmy Saville? I feel like I haven’t been in the right head space to watch them yet as I know they’ll be heavy watching but I want to.

I recently watched a YouTube doc on the pe** guy from lost prophets which was crazy. 

23 minutes ago, nwonder said:

I need to get back to watching these both! 

How was John Wayne and Jimmy Saville? I feel like I haven’t been in the right head space to watch them yet as I know they’ll be heavy watching but I want to.

I recently watched a YouTube doc on the pe** guy from lost prophets which was crazy. 

I haven't watched John Wayne yet. Watching The Circle season 4 atm lol and I'm just slowly making my way through the episodes seeing as they haven't been released all at once. 

Jimmy Saville was a hard watch. Part two moreso than part one. Part one was more about Jimmy's career as a celebrity and how he got so many people to 'trust' him but part two was more about the s£xual abuse, including (trigger warning) graphic detail from one of his victims of what he did to her. It was a great watch though and it's truly shocking he was able to get away with what he did.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Isla said:

I haven't watched John Wayne yet. Watching The Circle season 4 atm lol and I'm just slowly making my way through the episodes seeing as they haven't been released all at once. 

Jimmy Saville was a hard watch. Part two moreso than part one. Part one was more about Jimmy's career as a celebrity and how he got so many people to 'trust' him but part two was more about the s£xual abuse, including (trigger warning) graphic detail from one of his victims of what he did to her. It was a great watch though and it's truly shocking he was able to get away with what he did.

Oh gosh…

im not sure if I can handle it. It’s the same with Ian Watkins… he was able to get away with so much due to his status and wealth.

It’s also really sad as a  s e x  worker reported him for child s e x abuse multiple times and she was ignored and degraded. She finally got him by pretending to be interested in his perversions and then turned over all the evidence he was sending her.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, nwonder said:

Oh gosh…

im not sure if I can handle it. It’s the same with Ian Watkins… he was able to get away with so much due to his status and wealth.

It’s also really sad as a  s e x  worker reported him for child s e x abuse multiple times and she was ignored and degraded. She finally got him by pretending to be interested in his perversions and then turned over all the evidence he was sending her.

Yikes. Ian Watkins thankfully lived to go to prison, it’s a shame Jimmy had to die before the truth could come out. In the documentary I remember a priest sent Jimmy to heaven after he died lol. Hoping he was transferred to hell after the scandal broke out and I’m not even a religious person (although somewhat spiritual). 

• 2 months later...

Started watching The Most Hated Man On the Internet last night. I can’t believe this type of website was even allowed to run online.

Also I was not prepared for the scenes of Hunter Moore’s ‘cult-like’ followers literally sh!tting on cars to get his attention :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

• Love 1

I follow rather a few cases rather than True crime in general. I get stuck on cases with kids I guess and I like watching statement analysis etc. 

Madeleine McCann, Jonbenet Ramsey, Summer Wells and William Tyrell are some cases that I follow. Sadly both Summer and William is still missing. :( 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block