True Crime

13 hours ago, nwonder said:

Did y’all watch this?

I just finished watching this. I thought it was intriguing. I hadn't known much about the case beforehand other than vaguely remembering watching that video of her in the elevator. That hotel had such a rich history. I did find it a bit annoying that they start building this entire narrative up without any substantial evidence and then reveal everything at the end by Episode 4. It just made me sad for her that they sensationalized a story about a woman suffering from Bipolar Disorder. At least in some ways, she was able to touch the lives of so many people. A place she was hoping to discover someday in life. It's too bad that in death she found it. If life is about finding yourself (or soul), I hope she realizes know that the human soul is everlasting.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, nwonder said:

It was good! 

I was skeptical going in as I already knew quite a bit about the case but it was interesting to learn a bit more about Skid Row and the hotel. I thought they would touch upon the Night Stalker a bit more but I guess there’s another doc about it.

It was interesting to see Pablo speak out as well, and as much as I don’t believe in online harassment, I did snort when he commented that we need to watch what we say online considering he makes music about murdering women. 

Did you watch the Chris Watts doc? I had actually seen the YouTube doc already so it didn’t really offer anything new.

I previously learnt about the Elisa Lam case via another documentary but they only did one episode on it so it wasn’t very in-depth about the hotel being split and didn’t really have interviews with anyone, so I found this one way more in-depth.

I did find the internet people cringey but I found some of the weird coincidences they presented very interesting actually.

And yeah I watched the Chris Watts doc but I had previously watched an ID documentary on him so again it was basically the same as that, but I did feel it was slightly more in-depth than the ID doc.

• Love 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Exhale+
12 minutes ago, Invitation said:

@nwonder Have you watched the new Netflix series? Is it good? The mormons one.

I haven’t watched it  as I’ve heard it’s pretty boring.

I’ve been sticking with the true crime YouTubers for now

• Like 1
  • Curators
16 minutes ago, nwonder said:

I haven’t watched it  as I’ve heard it’s pretty boring.

I’ve been sticking with the true crime YouTubers for now

oh no :( 

it can't be worse than Cecil right? The Cecil is def one of the worst i've seen.

• Love 1
  • Exhale+
42 minutes ago, Invitation said:

oh no :( 

it can't be worse than Cecil right? The Cecil is def one of the worst i've seen.

I feel like the quality of Netflix has definitely dropped (possibly because of the pandemic?) 

I hope we get some HBO true crime docs soon

:disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

• Like 1
  • Curators
34 minutes ago, nwonder said:

I feel like the quality of Netflix has definitely dropped (possibly because of the pandemic?) 

I hope we get some HBO true crime docs soon

:disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses:

The Hotel Cecil one was straight up disrespectful. THey should've made it a 90-minute movie instead.

Btw, I've been feeling unsettled about Sarah Everard... hope she's OK.

• Love 1
  • Exhale+
2 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Btw, I've been feeling unsettled about Sarah Everard... hope she's OK.

Omg me too. It’s really scary that she’s been missing fo four days now during a national lockdown.

Praying she is safe 

:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white:

• Love 1
  • Exhale+
40 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I've been watching this show on Prime that came out in 2010 or earlier (I think) called "Who the BLEEP did I marry?" and I'm holy I'm sucked in. 

Ha ha I used to watch that on the ID channel and I loved it.

I had no idea it was on prime so I’m deff gonna look it up to see if they have new episodes 

:awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

• Like 1

I’ve just signed up to Discovery+ basically just so I can binge true crime on the ID channel (as I don’t have Sky). I’m loving it, tons of true crime boxsets (and all the other Discover programming) - totally worth the money!

• Love 1
  • Exhale+
2 minutes ago, Exaholic said:

I’ve just signed up to Discovery+ basically just so I can binge true crime on the ID channel (as I don’t have Sky). I’m loving it, tons of true crime boxsets (and all the other Discover programming) - totally worth the money!

Omg did you watch the Jimmy Saville doc on there?

:wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

• Exhale+
7 minutes ago, Exaholic said:

No not yet, is it any good? Some of that stuff makes me super uncomfortable to watch - strangely way more than the murder stuff...

I totally get that and it a lot to digest.

But It’s really well done and they do a really good job analysing he’s interviews, body language etc.

• Twitter Team
Posted (edited)

I finished watching the Cecil Hotel docuseries the other day and thought it was dragged out over the four episodes. I deffo think it could have easily been just one 90 min documentary. I did find some aspects of it interesting but at the same time I hated how it went into conspiracy theory mode with those YouTubers who thought they knew everything. And I feel incredibly sorry for Morbid who was accused of murdering Elisa when there was literally no proof whatsoever. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2
  • Exhale+
12 hours ago, Isla said:

I finished watching the Cecil Hotel docuseries the other day and thought it was dragged out over the four episodes. I deffo think it could have easily been just one 90 min documentary. I did find some aspects of it interesting but at the same time I hated how it went into conspiracy theory mode with those YouTubers who thought they knew everything. And I feel incredibly sorry for Morbid who was accused of murdering Elisa when there was literally no proof whatsoever. 

I have to say, I didn’t have much sympathy for that guy considering we was making music and videos that were depicting women being hunted and murdered.

I thought it was a pretty  hypocritical when he said people should watch they say and do online. Like the guy makes ‘snuff’ films

:ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

but deff agree that it didn’t need to be 4 eps 

• Like 1
  • Curators
43 minutes ago, nwonder said:

@InvitationI recommend these cases if you haven’t seen them yet...

Also these popped up on my YT today and look interesting...

Gonna watch these later tonight 

200.gif

Thank you so much for the recommendations.

They look very interesting! Might start with the Pool Party one.

• Love 1