Evanescence - "Everybody's Fool" was a prophetic song for Britney

igmate

It was released in 2004 and Amy Lee said back in the day that it was inspired by manufactured popstars living fake lives.

In the video she appears in a grey hoodie, pretty much the same Britney was wearing the day she shaved her hair off and when the umbrella attack happened.

From shoplifting to bed hopping! Hollywood's career-ruining moves

Then we have Amy in a Pink wig looking/acting eratic. Bingo again!

This is probably pure coincidence but this is really weird how accurately these events took place in her life 3 years later...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lostney:There are so many parallels to Britneys life.. the beginning reminds me of if you seek amy. The billboard reminds me of lucky. The pink wong doll reminds me of the black mirror episode which is to be based off Britney.

The bathtub scene is everytime down to her bleeding hand. Im shooketh :umomg:

1 minute ago, Busybee said:

:lostney:There are so many parallels to Britneys life.. the beginning reminds me of if you seek amy. The billboard reminds me of lucky. The pink wong doll reminds me of the black mirror episode which is to be based off Britney.

Wow this is crazy indeed, almost scary.. Here she doesn't shaves her head but she cuts her hair though scared dog GIF

I used to love Amy way back when. However...

Amy Lee has taken multiple stabs at Britney (and Christina) in the past calling her untalented, trashy etc. Which is cool, most people had this opinion of Brit back then.

But, one of her many comment about Brit, turned violent and is very disturbing :

Goth Boy of WNCI interviewed Evanescencesinger Amy Lee at their show in Columbus, Ohio. Lee voiced her digust with the great weather, hoping for rain to depress the event. Lee listed black as her favorite color, followed by deep purple, then she put Britney Spears on blast. Asked if she ever met Britney in a dark alley, how would she beat her up, Lee responded, “First I would take my corset off and strangle her around her big gymnast neck, then I would poison her the way Snow White was poisoned in the fairy tales, and then afterwards I would dye her hair back to the original color.” Asked what color would that be, Lee responded, “Puke green.” They then wrapped up singing ‘I Caught A Little Baby Bumblebee’. Au

Hopefully she has grown since making these heinous comments and Is no longer glamourising violence towards women. 

2 minutes ago, nwonder said:

I used to live Amy way back when. However...

Amy Lee has taken multiple stabs at Britney (and Christina) in the past calling her untalented, trashy etc. Which is cool, most people had this opinion of Brit back then.

But, one of her many comment about Brit, turned violent :

Hopefully she has grown since making these heinous comments and Is no longer glamourising violence towards women. 

She has. Here is what she said on their website back in 2007 :

Evanescence singer Amy Lee came to the defense of Britney Spears after a fan named "Strat" posted a YouTube video making fun of the troubled pop star using one of Evanescence's songs.

"OK, hold on a second. I have to post that I in NO WAY am going to endorse any kind of Britney bashing after everything she's been through," Lee wrote at the Evanescence forum. "I can't control what people put on YouTube or anywhere else on the internet, but I would NEVER want my picture or our music connected to something that's based on getting enjoyment out of someone's pain. I know what it's like to feel manipulated, used and helpless - so do most of you, that's why you're here and by now I know what it's like to feel like your entire life is open to the world for judgement. I don't read tabloids and I don't care about celebrity, but it is impossible to escape the whole world just loving to watch her suffer. Remember that this is a human being we're talking about and who wants to be like those horrible people that have hurt you to feel better about themselves? 'Everybody's Fool' is about the fact that the whole celebrity thing is fake and empty. I think Britney Spears is more aware of that now than anyone. I'm not trying to burn you at the stake, Strat, but it would mean alot to me if you'd take your clip down. Love, Amy. P.S.: Tabloids are dumb. Don't buy them."

8 minutes ago, igmate said:

She has. Here is what she said on their website back in 2007 :

Evanescence singer Amy Lee came to the defense of Britney Spears after a fan named "Strat" posted a YouTube video making fun of the troubled pop star using one of Evanescence's songs.

"OK, hold on a second. I have to post that I in NO WAY am going to endorse any kind of Britney bashing after everything she's been through," Lee wrote at the Evanescence forum. "I can't control what people put on YouTube or anywhere else on the internet, but I would NEVER want my picture or our music connected to something that's based on getting enjoyment out of someone's pain. I know what it's like to feel manipulated, used and helpless - so do most of you, that's why you're here and by now I know what it's like to feel like your entire life is open to the world for judgement. I don't read tabloids and I don't care about celebrity, but it is impossible to escape the whole world just loving to watch her suffer. Remember that this is a human being we're talking about and who wants to be like those horrible people that have hurt you to feel better about themselves? 'Everybody's Fool' is about the fact that the whole celebrity thing is fake and empty. I think Britney Spears is more aware of that now than anyone. I'm not trying to burn you at the stake, Strat, but it would mean alot to me if you'd take your clip down. Love, Amy. P.S.: Tabloids are dumb. Don't buy them."

That’s good too read and I’m glad to see she’s calmed down.

But I wonder if shes ever apologised or even acknowledged those violent comments she made to that radio station. Not that it matters, I’m just curious 

8 minutes ago, nwonder said:

That’s good too read and I’m glad to see she’s calmed down.

But I wonder if shes ever apologised or even acknowledged those violent comments she made to that radio station. Not that it matters, I’m just curious 

I have no idea. Did she really said that though? I mean the media liked to create fake **** (they still do), so unless we have an audio of her saying this i'm not really buying it.. 

8 minutes ago, igmate said:

I have no idea. Did she really said that though? I mean the media liked to create fake **** (they still do), so unless we have an audio of her saying this i'm not really buying it.. 

I can see why you might not believe it but I remember when it happened. She said it live on air on a Ohio radio station  but I doubt the audio still exists. 

https://rockdirt.com/how-amy-lee-would-beat-up-britney-spears/10583/

And she was talking a lot of smack on Britney around that time time in numerous interviews but they weren’t as bad as that radio interview.

57 minutes ago, igmate said:

she doesn't shaves her head but she cuts her hair

Amy in the video has anxiety, depression, and a lot of stress, it is a symptom and that was probably what Britney felt when that incident happened.

It was not prophetic it was just happening and she was inspired by that. Just like "every time" it is always said that she predicted her life and no, it just happened at one point in her life, and then, unfortunately, the entire conservatorship plan happened.

Loooove the song and video, I agree that It looks like extremely prophetic. So many scenes reminds me of Britney, it's crazy.

6:27

She says it's about the popstar role, so It is about Britney and Xtina. But the video doesn't seems to have any Xtina.

“Fallen” is pure gold..

love the song and mv.. 

I always thought Amy was a wise person with deep and understanding feelings.. never thought she could say something like that about anyone..

saying bad things about Britney was like a trend.. everyone wanted to tear her apart (And get attention with mentioning Brit) and it was like a cool thing to do but I thought Amy would be a better and leave britney topics alone.. 

From today I will never be able to enjoy her music as I used to : (

the only thing i would say is...

All the breakdown was planned,

USE LOGIC,

WHEN THE THE HAIRCUT HAPPEN WHY SHE WON'T BUY IN WALGREENS AMAZON OR SOMETHING THE SHAVER INSTEAD OF GOING TO A ESTHETIC.

when she arrived to the KFED house (that she bought) HE LEFT HER OUTSIDE WITHOUT SEING their kids. All the papz were waiting for her.

the only one who got charges in court is britney, but KFED, The Papz are free and ANY TYPE Of charge.

HOW IT WAS ALLOWED TO PRESENT GIMME MORE AT VMA's, IN THAT OUTFIT AND THEN MTV DELETED THE PRESENTATION IN THEIR REPETITIONS OF THE PROGRAM.

Looks a DARK MARKETING

#freebritney

Honestly idc what Amy says about Britney, her opinion is her opinion. When it comes to Britney Spears or Evanescence, though they both meant something at different stages of my life, I will always choose Amy Lee and Evanescence over Britney Spears any day. Amy Lee is real, personal and has depth and emotion and I relate to her way more than any artist. Unlike Britney who I like for pearly nostalgic reasons, I still love and relate to Amy’s songs and alway will. My love for Amy Lee is forever, Britney was just a childhood phase.

2 hours ago, nwonder said:

But, one of her many comment about Brit, turned violent and is very disturbing :

Eww. Those low blows about the size of her neck. That’s a pretty ballsy statement for a forgotten understudy. :badthoughts:

2 minutes ago, Slave_4_u said:

Oh come on like she actually meant it, if she even said it at all.

So it’s okay for people to go around making violent threats about strangulation as long as they don’t mean it?...

Really!?

giphy.gif

You can see the ontd post back in 2004 about it and they even posted the link to audio interview but it’s been removed now. But the comments confirm its true.

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/131635.html?page=2

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/evanescence-s-amy-lee-how-i-would-beat-up-britney-spears/

3 hours ago, Busybee said:

What black mirror episode was based on Britney? I haven’t watched that show but i want to watch that one

2 hours ago, nwonder said:

Wow wtf is wrong with Amy?! That’s disgusting! She clearly has demons she’s battling. Nobody happy and mentally healthy says things like that 

Archived