Stop confusing one hit wonder Meredith Brooks for 7X Grammy winner Alanis Morissette

While Meredith Brooks's Bish sounds similar to You learn by Alanis Morissette.  

Stop the confusion. Then, 39 Year old Meredith Brooks was really blocked from radio playlists cos she refused to remove the title of the song and the word itseld, Sure it's played now But 23 years ago was a different story. 

But somehow the older Brooks and the younger Alanis Morissette gets confused in 97 Alanis basically was in India on her spiritual journey which would find her letting go of her anger, And creating a calmer girl which was apparent on Her follow up album 1998's Supposed former Infatuation junkie's First single Thank U which also showed more of her vocals than her first album. 

This is Meredith's biggest hit and was her first major label single release at 39. She went back to independent self release once everyone realized her age was approaching 40 and the attitude and the statement was actually fake as in she was none of the things she wrote about. 

This was the first single to Supposed former Infatuation junkie, let's just say it shocked everybody to see a much softer side of Alanis Morissette at 24. 

She even told oprah this wasn't a coincidence or something that was marketed, it's just when u get older u r never the same person. When I was 21 it was I hate Men, Love sucks, Men should die, But by the time I turned 24, I changed into a different person,  a more spiritual person, There has to be more to life than just fame and Fortune. That's was what the second album was about. Me embracing a new wiser version of me, and a calmer sense of direction. The progress is all there, even one day the person that hoes will stop once it gets boring and repetitive. 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived