P!nk's scrapped music video for "Revenge" featuring Eminem surfaces

7 minutes ago, Stefani said:

They should've just released it back then. I mean a Pink video that looks like a mess isn't exactly far from the norm. :tifflmao:

Tbh I think its the gun violence that's the issue. Think she would have got a backlash especially in the US.  But then why make it in the first place

• Like 2

OMG.. I can see why they scrapped this.
But WHAT THE HECK WERE THEY THINKING?!...
britney-what-the-hell-was-i-thinking.gif
This was supposed to be released like two years ago, when a lot of shootings in the US and violence acts in Europe were happening.
They were very imprudent to use this concept I think. 

Her fan base is predominantly soccer moms at this point, so I totally get why this was scrapped. Imagine the Karen backlash? It's why we didn't get Perfume as intended.

So much for Pink not ever giving a **** though. I don't support censorship or caving to social norms at all.

Express yourself, don't repress yourself.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I see why it was scrapped, but I have many thoughts about it.

First, why do artists go to the process of recording a whole music video just to scrap it? :idkney: It's not like they just wake up one day and film it in 5 minutes. There's talks, there's a preparation, they gather everything, I suppose there's some sort of rehearsal, they shoot and they have the chance of seeing what they just recorded, just like when Britney goes with the director to see the takes. So why do they only realize once the video is done and edited, that maybe it's not ok for them to release it? It's like, couldn't they figure that out when they were on set, to maybe change it for something else? Or can they just take out the scenes that "don't work" like they did with Perfume? (I know Perfume was a mess, but I mean, done properly they can save stuff, especially if they were still on set when they realize something doesn't work)

Now, about this gore thing. Yes it's gross, pointless and maybe insensitive for whatever was happening at the time. But I was thinking, will we never have any kind of "insensitive" or outrageous things in music videos anymore? I feel like we see worse things in movies or television or even on the news, but all of a sudden music videos just have to be this kind of safe, politically correct place where nothing  negative can be shown. After all it's just like, an artistic expression, and I feel like if artists always have to stay correct, that limit a lot what they can do or portray in their art. Again, I wasn't even asking for it or expecting that, but it's something that just occurred to me while watching this and thinking why it might be scrapped

I think it's basically the same with any job if you think about it. I've started a couple of projects with this amazing idea in my head and to some point it was doing great, but then when I saw the final result I just realized it wasn't worth it. It is very defeating when you realize this I'm not gonna lie, you realize all your effort and mind-wrecking was for nothing and you feel like you wasted time.

I'm pretty sure Pink and Britney felt the same, but sometimes it's simply not the outcome you hoped for and it's better to drop it:clownery:

• Like 1
6 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

I think it's basically the same with any job if you think about it. I've started a couple of projects with this amazing idea in my head and to some point it was doing great, but then when I saw the final result I just realized it wasn't worth it. It is very defeating when you realize this I'm not gonna lie, you realize all your effort and mind-wrecking was for nothing and you feel like you wasted time.

I'm pretty sure Pink and Britney felt the same, but sometimes it's simply not the outcome you hoped for and it's better to drop it:clownery:

I mean, I do understand that it can happen, but when it's something like these videos, for example Pink's, the idea of killing a bunch of people and seeing all this blood everywhere, it's like, in what possible way could that have become a good idea? Like, no matter how much editing or things they did post-production, the simple idea of having a bloodbath would have rung some alarm since they were on set.

Like, if this was a matter of CGI effects that they couldn't see on set or something, but when there's these behind the scenes pics

Spoiler

5vnE3vTvLd4-550x550.jpg

j-EsUNxWOUE-550x550.jpg

GMYWqCIC9Y0-550x550.jpg

I think they pretty much knew what the video was gonna look like :yaknow:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block