P!nk's scrapped music video for "Revenge" featuring Eminem surfaces

4 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

I miss when she was actually good and not just for the Karens and soccer moms. One of my older sisters just so happens to be both of those things and can't understand why I don't like her anymore. Maybe it's because I don't like artists that try so hard to be authentic? She used to be so cheeky and now it's like she's angry 24/7 and her music sounds the same.

Everything about this. Yes. You nailed it. :makeup:

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

I miss when she was actually good and not just for the Karens and soccer moms. One of my older sisters just so happens to be both of those things and can't understand why I don't like her anymore. :ririshade2: Maybe it's because I don't like artists that try so hard to be authentic? She used to be so cheeky and now it's like she's angry 24/7 and her music sounds the same.

It's because she's in that age group now. The 30-something soccer moms/karen mentality. She'll go back to her punk self again when her identity isn't tied up with her young children. Most women go back to their genuine selves after their kids age a bit. No shade, just human nature.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's gone, and I couldn't see it :gloria:

Literally I've been asking for a video for that song ever since I discovered it. I didn't know there was actually a video shot for it

Talking about scrapped videos, we need a remade video for Britney’s Outrageous & Gaga’s DWUW with xtina. 

• Like 1

I see why it was scrapped, but I have many thoughts about it.

First, why do artists go to the process of recording a whole music video just to scrap it? :idkney: It's not like they just wake up one day and film it in 5 minutes. There's talks, there's a preparation, they gather everything, I suppose there's some sort of rehearsal, they shoot and they have the chance of seeing what they just recorded, just like when Britney goes with the director to see the takes. So why do they only realize once the video is done and edited, that maybe it's not ok for them to release it? It's like, couldn't they figure that out when they were on set, to maybe change it for something else? Or can they just take out the scenes that "don't work" like they did with Perfume? (I know Perfume was a mess, but I mean, done properly they can save stuff, especially if they were still on set when they realize something doesn't work)

Now, about this gore thing. Yes it's gross, pointless and maybe insensitive for whatever was happening at the time. But I was thinking, will we never have any kind of "insensitive" or outrageous things in music videos anymore? I feel like we see worse things in movies or television or even on the news, but all of a sudden music videos just have to be this kind of safe, politically correct place where nothing  negative can be shown. After all it's just like, an artistic expression, and I feel like if artists always have to stay correct, that limit a lot what they can do or portray in their art. Again, I wasn't even asking for it or expecting that, but it's something that just occurred to me while watching this and thinking why it might be scrapped

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's like, couldn't they figure that out when they were on set

Because the true magic happens during post-production. :barbie:

The editors with the help of the director are the ones who hodge podge everything and really, most of the time - the magic of a music video / film is in the editing. They can have the crappiest takes but with the help of masterful editing, they can still make gold out of it.

But also, there are times when editing can not salvage the awful takes. Like in the case of Girls' Generation's Mr.Mr.

More than half of the shot footage got deleted during post production and they weren't able to reshoot as they are already too busy preparing for their Asia tour. So the directors did what they could with what they have left. And this is that. :wontcry:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block