Britney's version of 'I Love Rock N Roll' and 'My Prerogative' have more views on YouTube than the originals. Are we surprised?

I always fight with my friend because I stand by my opinion that Britney's versions are better, not just because it's Britney, but really, the production of the songs just sound better, I don't know how people can't see that :idkney:

Of course that doesn't take away the recognition and impact the original songs have, but people should just stop with that poor mentality about rock > pop, or basically anything > Britney, or that the classics will always be better.

There are some disastrous covers, I don't deny it, but sometimes the covers just take something that was already great, to another level, and people need to accept it. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, pieceofbritUK said:

Once again she got hatred for doing something that lots of people would start doing right after. Madonna with Hang up, BEP with I gotta feeling, and so many others after that have done mash ups, including Doja Cat just recently and any other reggaeton artist (China, Me Gusta, etc.). So thank you Britney for being a trend setter and not only not getting recgnition but getting bashed for it :fran:

Isn't Madonna's Ray of Light a cover too? 

1 hour ago, DignifiedLove said:

Despite being her only two covers with an official video release, the amount of views STOMP the respective originals even though critics panned her versions. But are we really surprised? :chrissy:

Arrows version: 5 million 

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts version: 1 million :deadbanana:

Britney Spears version: 32 million

Bobby Brown version: 32 million

Britney Spears version: 37 million

Seems like the general public prefers/preferred the latter of the two as the YouTube views can back it up. :chrissy: Once again, Britney being ahead / standing the test of time and bringing her magic to these once dull songs. Her mind. :chrissy:FB_IMG_1593733470581.thumb.jpg.956c354dee0f85824b4901fb9aeeb8fc.jpg

At the time of My prerogative release alot ALOT of people i knew who didnt like Britney LOVED that re-make my older sister who was born in 1981 LOVED the Britney Version way more! :) That was way before youtube!  and ALSO I LOVE ROCK N ROLL! those 2 were her fave Britney songs <3 they are super current! 

49 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Basically all of her covers have been approved by the original artists EXCEPT My Prerogative. For some reason (likely jealousy), Bobby Brown refuses to let Britney perform My Prerogative, and he dislikes her version.

I'm so confused, wasn't she going to perform it at Domination :embarrassney:

Anyways, personally I don't particularly like Britney's cover nor the original version of I Love Rock 'N Roll however I will always prefer Britney's version of My Prerogative. It sounds so much better to me.

• Like 4

Ddd there’s a video of the audio of Joan Jett’s version that has 35 million views.

2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Basically all of her covers have been approved by the original artists EXCEPT My Prerogative. For some reason (likely jealousy), Bobby Brown refuses to let Britney perform My Prerogative, and he dislikes her version.

Really? If that was the case then surely she wouldn’t have been able to record it in the first place?

• Like 1

Rock n Roll is okay, i like Britney's version cause I'm not a huge fan of rock music

MP, never really liked that song to begin with. i think Britney unnecessarily covered it to make a statement about her relationship and eventual marriage with KFad. kind of a bratty move tbh. imo, she should have continued the ITZ era instead of that whole GHMP thing

12 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

It's a hot, barely-legal blonde white girl grinding on inanimate objects in skimpy outfits. Of COURSE her versions are going to be more popular.

Also, it's interesting to note, both of the other ILRNR singers have complimented Britney on her cover. Cher was actually supposed to duet with Britney in some live performances for "The Beat Goes On", so it can be assumed she liked it. And that dude with the weird mouth and all the scarves from Aerosmith said he loved Britney's cover of Satisfaction.

BasicTestyAfricanfisheagle-size_restrict

Here’s looking at you, Bobby.  :chrissy:

• Haha 1

I definitely prefer Britney's My Prerogative over Bobby's

But I honestly only like the video for Britney's I Love Rock N Roll. Her version of the song is a little too cheesy with the, "is this thing on" line and I don't like the production on it. Her vocals were perfect though.

I think I prefer the original...

• Like 1

What's surprising about it?  Young generation don't know many, many classics. Like, you shouldn't feel proud of not knowing legendary artists. It's bad you don't know preccursors of your fav artist and you call yourself a music fan. 
Besides Britney's covers, It's not about her, don't mean to criticize her or something.  I mean it's not good if success in the industry is created by streams and views etc. It created current shape of music industry where we don't have any stars with that legend factor. :squintney:

Currently people can't appreciate high quality music, have no passion for music, got bored quickly. Unfortunately people prefer fancy music videos with low quality music. :gross:
Or I would say, people can't recognize what good music really is. When I hear some pointing out "this is a good song" I can only do a facepalm. :girlwhat:

• Love 2

Ehhhh....

Spoiler

Very ignorant post :byebye:

The times those videos were released were 3 decades APART. Only Michael Jackson and Madonna 80s songs could pull above 200+ million views (because of its impact) otherwise not many songs from that time could achieve such views. Obviously my prerogative and I love rock n roll are going to be higher :jeanluc: obviously Britney’s version of My prerogative was FAR better than Bobby browns version, but rock n roll? Yr a delusional Britney Stan if you think Brits version of I love rock n roll was better than Joan jetts:heresthetea:Ik y’all gonna cancel me for this, but this is the tea :angietea:

10 hours ago, Itachi said:

Rock n Roll is okay, i like Britney's version cause I'm not a huge fan of rock music

MP, never really liked that song to begin with. i think Britney unnecessarily covered it to make a statement about her relationship and eventual marriage with KFad. kind of a bratty move tbh. imo, she should have continued the ITZ era instead of that whole GHMP thing

The full era was cut short because of Britney’s knee Injury. Otherwise, the era would have extended till 2005 and the GH:MP would come around 2006

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

The full era was cut short because of Britney’s knee Injury. Otherwise, the era would have extended till 2005 and the GH:MP would come around 2006

we all know she used the injury as an excuse to escape her commitments and start a family tbh. although she was indeed overworked and deserved a break. imo, if ITZ continued on, we wouldn't be getting a GH:MP, but Original Doll could have happened.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Despite being her only two covers with an official video release, the amount of views STOMP the respective originals even though critics panned her versions. But are we really surprised? :chrissy:

Arrows version: 5 million 

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts version: 1 million :deadbanana:

Britney Spears version: 32 million

Bobby Brown version: 32 million

Britney Spears version: 37 million

Seems like the general public prefers/preferred the latter of the two as the YouTube views can back it up. :chrissy: Once again, Britney being ahead / standing the test of time and bringing her magic to these once dull songs. Her mind. :chrissy:FB_IMG_1593733470581.thumb.jpg.956c354dee0f85824b4901fb9aeeb8fc.jpg

I stan Britney since i first saw her on MTV and i prefer her versions of both I Love Rock and Roll and My Prerogative. That being said, the fact that the original versions are way older, has a lot to do. Even if Britney versions were originally released before the youtube era, her followers are more into the internet era than those of Booby Brown and Joan Jett or Arrows. 

• Like 1