Favourite K-Pop girl and boy band?

So now that K-pop is one of the biggest genres RN, and Blackpink, a Korean band breaking the record for most views within 24 hours (82.7 million views) whether you like the genre or not, whether you find it a Korean version of western music or it is original...you can not deny it has gathered ton of massive, massive, MASSIVE success in the past 3 years, and we are now experiencing its prime. So now, with many exhalers here who are also K-Pop fans, I would like it ask Who is your most favourite female and male boy band? You can give the answer on the poll above .

Lemme know!:sendinglove:
kpop.jpg.3cda1109f1f749e4cb5cb947629f8e31.jpg

• Love 2

Girls Generation will always be my ultimate kpop girl group. 

But since they are inactive right now, I'm stanning Blackpink and Red Velvet.

Red Velvet is one the most versatile, experimental, and prominent kpop girl groups right now.

Their latest song, Psycho, was a smash hit and everyone is claiming it to win Song Of The Year on Korean awards shows.

For Kpop boy groups, my ult is SEVENTEEN.

They are multi talented boy groups who write and produce their own music!

They are also called Kings of Synchronization because of their extraordinary dancing skills!

They are currently the 3rd most well known boy group in Korea, behind BTS and EXO.

Please check out SEVENTEEN! Their variety shows are so entertaining and they are all naturally funny and adorable!

• Love 2
  • Like 1

TWICE is my all-time favorite girl group and one of my all-time favorite artists in general. Despite being barely 5 years old, their discography is huge. Plus, they write quite a lot of their songs too. :mimiclap:

I don't listen to boy groups as much, but if I had to pick one it would probably be DAY6:

They aren't the typical boy group, though - they're actually a K-Rock band, and they're from the same label as TWICE. They write all of their music, they're incredible vocalists, and they're all hot too, which always helps. :straddle: This song specifically is my favorite DAY6 song of all time. It's a freakin' masterpiece, and I can't put into words how I melted when I heard it for the first time. That chorus left me deceased. :crying1:

• Love 1
20 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

^ here to dispel the myth that K-Pop artists don't write their own songs. Many of them sure as heck do. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, SEVENTEEN (the group that the user above me mentioned) not only write and produce their own music but also choreograph their own dances. :straddle:

OMG yes they do! The sad thing is, since they produce their own music and choreograph their own dances, they are kind of exploited by their company. :(

I also like Day6! Them being a Kpop rock band is such a breath of fresh air and they are so talented!

• Like 1

I like quite a lot of the groups. I stan girl groups, hehe, but own a BTS album tho.

The most fave is Twice. I like them since their debut and the constantly deliver bops, at least title tracks if not the whole album. My fave minis (entire) are Feel Special, Page Two, More & More.

I also think f(x) have great discography. Pink Tape and Red Light are flawless.

Hyuna is great too, I like her stuff except first two mini's.

Grace - when she had three tracks - 'I'm Fine', 'Trick or Treat', 'Zombie High'. She flopped, but has a youtube channel now.

Wonder Girls. 'Tell Me' was huge. Their last album and mini are great too.

Sistar.

Fiestar. 'A Delicate Sense' - I like all songs.

From newer I like ITZY.

Blackpink I liked when they debuted, but now kinda meh. Too overhyped.

• Love 2

I don't like male bands, but Big Bang has some attractive songs.
My favorite of the female bands is BP. everglow, mamamoo and twice has some good singles. 4minute and 2ne1 are my 2nd generation favorites.
 As for soloists my holy trinity are BoA (the Asian answer to Britney Spears), Hyuna and Chung ha :lustney: Sunmi also have good singles
Although it is very difficult to choose favorites because Kpop is like a ****, once you like it you become addicted! :indulge:

• Love 2

BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG BIG BANG!

And then BTS.

That's it.

1 hour ago, IUSAtonight said:

(G) idle

Taste. :lessons: I ordered all their albums (3 albums, one of which has 2 versions, so it's 4 in total) from Korea, and it ended up costing like 120 euros (+ shipping + some stupid customs tax that I didn't know I would have to pay). That's ridiculous, but, tbh, I don't regret it - they sit prettily on my shelf. :cheese:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block