Britney's aging

rower2222

Accepting that Britney is getting older is hard because that means that her fans that grew up with her are getting older too! It's hard watching your idols move out of the spotlight because that means that we are all aging and have to accept a new generation of young people and their new icons.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you do realise that Madonna in her 40s outsold every Britney album after Oops & had several international hits? :quirkney: (& I'm talking about her 9th, 10th, etc. album) 

& Britney is in her late 30s just like Beyoncé, Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian, Katy Perry she's younger than JLo & Shakira, Taylor Swift & Rihanna are in their 30s too, so...

oh and the new generation of artists, with Ariana Grande & eventually Billy Ellish as the only exceptions, is flopping harder than the old one, they can't replace them. who's the new Britney? the new Beyoncé? the new gaga? the new Rihanna? the new Shakira?
Camilla Cabello? :gloria: Selena Gomez? :gloria:

in conclusion: this new generation is way too weak to replace the old one. so age isn't an excuse for Britney to flop. if Madonna managed to sell more copies  than Britney in 2005, 2012, 2008 despite being nearly 50 & despite these albums being her 10th, 11th, 12th, with a huge concurrence of new artists, then imagine what it would've been in 2020 with a dead pop scene & 0 concurrence :juggingu:

If Madonna Is Still Going At 61 Years Young.  Then Britney Can Keep Going, She Is Only 38.  I Don’t Understand Why Some Stans Believe That Once You Are Over The Age Of 35, Your Career Is Done.  I Can See Britney Going Until She’s 70 And I Can See Her Going Until She’s 40.  We Don’t Know, But Don’t Assume She’s Done Because Britney’s Pushing 40.   Close This Stupid Thread.  :clownery:

• Super Mods
39 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

I am 26 and ageing scare the **** outta me. Only time I feel weird about her getting old. Is when I revisit Baby/Oops era. It's insane that young sweet girl is almost 40.

With that being said Gwen,Fergie,Shakira,Jlo etc. are still going strong,and look 10-20 years younger then they actually are. So that makes me feel better lmao

Same here. Im the same age as u and its crazy to think that in 4 years, I'll be 30!

And its crazy how Britney and Christina and all of the teen idols from the late 90s and early 00s are gonna be in their 40s.

It's scary how time has gone by SO quickly :disappointed:

God i’m so sick of age coming up in culture. Tbh after your 21st birthday its all anniversaries :kiss: Anyway, I’m 31 and the message I have for you people in your 20’s...stahp. Appreciate your 20s and make mistakes. Don’t be afraid of getting older because my 30’s have proven to be great :barbie: What I have come to realize is that a lot of pressures are put onto us as young adults. Ex: I’m just learning that I want to teach English in foreign countries. In closing we still continue to grow as individuals even after our teens and 20’s :mcwave:

Archived