Crossroads - IMDB

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

I think its a good movie for what it was: a chick flick.

Its not even bad, people only hate on it cause it has Britney; if starred anyone else, it would be more respected.

And also her acting was NOT that bad!

She may not be a Meryl Streep or any other actress but she still did great.

Its a cute movie and DEFINITELY a great movie to watch with your girlfriends

3 hours ago, Isla said:

It seemed to get pretty bad reviews at the time of its release. It’s been a while since I’ve watched it but it wasn’t that bad. I wish they’d add it to Netflix.

OMG, we have to make a campaign to have it on netflix!!! YES, PLEASE!!! 

By the way it was a good teenage movie and her acting was good on that movie, she was simply perfect for that character. Sadly, I can't say the same for her last apparences like the one on Glee and Jane the virgin where it seems she lost her confidence so she doen't seem natural. 

Ok wow. This is so nice and thoughtful of you @NewDisplayName ! :makeitrain:

I just signed up and rated it 10 out of 10. :barbie:

3.5 is so low. :idkney: Crossroads is not a bad movie at all. I think those who find this movie awful are heartless. It's such a sweet, funny, and heartbreaking movie. She really delivered when she said she wanted to do a movie with "real issues that teenagers go through". She did that. They did that. Kit is my favorite character. 💛🧡💜 I know all her lines. Well, I know all of the lines but hers are my favorite. :chrissy:

And I cannot at fake fans who have never seen Crossroads. :gtfo:

Like y'all have all the resources to be able to watch it. You have internet access. Like, what the hell are you doing and what are you waiting for. You have all the time in the world because of Corona. I mean, come on. There is no excuse. :lessons:

I just rewatched it over the weekend. I think it’s such a good, cute movie. Did it deserve an Oscar? No. But that’s not why it was made. And I think most of Britney’s acting is pretty good! I admit, there’s a couple scenes where she’s pretty bad, but overall I think she’s pretty good. Keep in mind this movie was filmed between the oops album/tour in 2000 and the Britney album in 2001/DWAD tour. So it’s not like she has a ton of time to do character study or work with an acting coach. Her only experience acting was the cheesy MMC type stuff, which she was actually good at. They fit doing this movie in with recording an album and everything else. I think if Britney wanted to she could do a pretty good movie at some point. It’s a shame the backlash tainted her experience with the film.

I also remember hearing that she really wanted to play Mimi instead of Lucy. Which may have been a better part fit her. Britney’s so sweet, but I just don’t think she was ever the nerdy virgin type. She could have been good as the girl from trailer park or even as kit, the popular girl. I feel like those are a bit closer to who Britney was in High school. I’m pretty sure I remember she was homecoming queen. 

in general, I feel like critiques are extra harsh on female pop stars who try out acting. Britney with Crossroads. Mariah with glitter. Spice Girls spice world. Many of Madonnas films. Christina’s Burlesque. I think there’s a bit of a ****** thing going on. Especially back around 2002 when Crosdroads came out. I’m pretty sure the majority of film critics back then (and probably still now) are older straight white men. These films aren’t made for them! Crossroads was made for tweens and teens, mainly girls and gay boys. Of course a 40 year old white straight man isn’t going to enjoy it! It’s not catered to them. 

I think Cross roads is on par with a lot of teen movies that cane out in the late 90s/ early 2000s like She’s All That, Bring It On, Drive Me Crazy, etc. it at least deserves to be rated similar to those, like a 5.0-6.0. 

Like c’mon aside from Britney, it has great actors like Zoe Saldana, Tayrn Manning, Dan Akroyd, Kim Catrell, and Justin Long... it’s written by Shonda Rhodes who has had so many successful tv shows that have been on years (Greys Anatomy, Scandal, How To Get Away With Murfer) how can it be THAT bad. It’s not. It’s a bunch of ****** guys hating on Britney, and she and the movie DONT deserve it. 

13 hours ago, pieceofbritUK said:

She was indeed. Way more than Justin bieber in his prime, which says a lot

Your kidding right? More hated...than Justin Freaking Bieber? :umomg: How is that possible?:umsaywhat: I know that she was hated like hell by the GP and is along with MJ and Madonna for one of the most hated celebrities in their prime, more hated than Justin Bieber? :ohwut: that’s a BIG suprise :nydisgust:

5 hours ago, FraFromThe90's said:

OMG, we have to make a campaign to have it on netflix!!! YES, PLEASE!!! 

By the way it was a good teenage movie and her acting was good on that movie, she was simply perfect for that character. Sadly, I can't say the same for her last apparences like the one on Glee and Jane the virgin where it seems she lost her confidence so she doen't seem natural. 

She was okay on Jane the Virgin imo, Glee was just a cameo wasn’t it?

I loved her role in How I Met Your Mother, she was so funny on that show.

54 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Your kidding right? More hated...than Justin Freaking Bieber? :umomg: How is that possible?:umsaywhat: I know that she was hated like hell by the GP and is along with MJ and Madonna for one of the most hated celebrities in their prime, more hated than Justin Bieber? :ohwut: that’s a BIG suprise :nydisgust:

Yes she was.. but she had a lot of fans too. It's like everyone wanted to have a strong opinion about her: They loves her or hated her. Most of them hated of course : )) 

They even don't like her dane and always said that JLO is professional dancer so why do people like Britneys dance?! Also she was oversexual.. people kin to like xtina more (but not love).. GP around me were like "Britney is lesbian and *** cause she kissed madona and xtina refused to do that".. the funny thing is that Britney was the bad one (not even Madonna for the kiss).. 

The hate towards her was one of the main reason I got interested who she was (empathy was the first thing to become a fan I guess) .. after watching some music videos and performances my mind exploded and I tried to seek all of her material like albums, movies, unreleased track etc (sweet 2006-2007 years of me :)) )

17 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

Yes she was.. but she had a lot of fans too. It's like everyone wanted to have a strong opinion about her: They loves her or hated her. Most of them hated of course : )) 

They even don't like her dane and always said that JLO is professional dancer so why do people like Britneys dance?! Also she was oversexual.. people kin to like xtina more (but not love).. GP around me were like "Britney is lesbian and *** cause she kissed madona and xtina refused to do that".. the funny thing is that Britney was the bad one (not even Madonna for the kiss).. 

The hate towards her was one of the main reason I got interested who she was (empathy was the first thing to become a fan I guess) .. after watching some music videos and performances my mind exploded and I tried to seek all of her material like albums, movies, unreleased track etc (sweet 2006-2007 years of me :)) )

It’s crazy to see how much hate she had to bear. She just wanted to do what she loves, which is music and entertaining and the GP and media completely spoilt it for her :joanne: some celebrities better be thankful for not receiving the same amount of hate MJ, Madonna, Britney and even Billie receive :lessons:

Britney’s acting wasn’t even that bad actually, even though it needed a little bit more energy.

But the scenario... it was awfully cliché and sounded stupid (‘listen, I’m a guy, that’s my car’). It could fit in a post it lol. With a 30,000,000$ budget they could’ve done something better I guess? Where did they spent that money?

I’d give it 4/10 tbh I have a really hard time rewatching the movie, literally nothing happens 

5 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

Britney’s acting wasn’t even that bad actually, even though it needed a little bit more energy.

But the scenario... it was awfully cliché and sounded stupid (‘listen, I’m a guy, that’s my car’). It could fit in a post it lol. With a 30,000,000$ budget they could’ve done something better I guess? Where did they spent that money?

I’d give it 4/10 tbh I have a really hard time rewatching the movie, literally nothing happens 

Budget was 12 m it’s not that much..

I think the problem was that it was typical Britney like Lucy was a Britney and she acted like herself in the different situations. That’s why is looked like she wasn’t acted or smth.. if Lucy would have another character it would helped to see her acting abilities I guess but she have done it good and all crew members even now are saying that she was a good actress..

I want so bad to see her as a jean grey some day.. I totally see her as a Phoenix Who can destroy the earth if she wants to :blast::messbye:  

6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

That’s literally half a mark from 3.5 :wyd:

sorry I can’t give it more :messbye:  

4,5 then!

1 minute ago, NewDisplayName said:

Budget was 12 m it’s not that much..

I think the problem was that it was typical Britney like Lucy was a Britney and she acted like herself in the different situations. That’s why is looked like she wasn’t acted or smth.. if Lucy would have another character it would helped to see her acting abilities I guess but she have done it good and all crew members even now are saying that she was a good actress..

Oh I’ve always thought that it was 30,000,000$

Well it’s a pretty big success then if it made up 5 times the budget!

For Britney it isn’t really bad, for me the main problem is definitely the scenario. The idea of a road trip is pretty cool, but it could’ve been done better, some scenes are just way too cringe. The cast had awesome actresses btw

9 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

sorry I can’t give it more :messbye:  

4,5 then!

Oh I’ve always thought that it was 30,000,000$

Well it’s a pretty big success then if it made up 5 times the budget!

For Britney it isn’t really bad, for me the main problem is definitely the scenario. The idea of a road trip is pretty cool, but it could’ve been done better, some scenes are just way too cringe. The cast had awesome actresses btw

It’s a drama.. topics are friendship, parenting, following dreams and to stay strong at young age (like end with your love cause he is *** , keep ur baby,  Accept that your mother don’t loves you)..

I like action more or dramas like Dogville cause it’s has more to say and the issues are more than everyday problems.. 

Archived