Which song is better: ...Baby One More Time or Oops!... I Did It Again?

Better song?  

316 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

To me oops had better verses Than baby’s.
but bby has the better choruses. 

And the bridge into the final chorus of baby I can play on repeat over and over and over again as it’s soooooooo fkn good like it needs an encore or extended mix. Bc it’s just that damn good. 

so baby it is. 

Wait but you actually spilled the hot fresh boiling tea omg your post literally nailed it for me and is the reason why I can’t ever decide :fakecry: 

• Haha 1
On 7/1/2020 at 9:17 PM, Roxxy said:

Oops!...I Did It Again is technically the better song. :yeahhh:

Points were made...I think the production is slightly more polished and ‘pop’ on Oops yet somehow, it never got the praise/recognition that Baby received and to this day, I’ll never understand. It always seemed politically correct to prefer Baby over Oops.

• Love 6
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Wait but you actually spilled the hot fresh boiling tea omg your post literally nailed it for me and is the reason why I can’t ever decide :fakecry: 

Yeah I also agree with what you said earlier 💁🏻‍♀️ Oops is defff more catchier and all but that bridge to final chorus in baby and she’s says “don’t you kno I still believe” as libs while the chorus is playing is soooo good followed by  “ gimme a signnnnnn” is sooooooo fkn good. You really feel homegirls emotion and to me that makes its soooo good.
I miss old Britney songs. But I do like oops final chorus to Bc she kinda belts it’s out also but baby has that weight on it idk it gives me the feellssss.

• Love 7
On 7/1/2020 at 9:24 PM, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Yeah I also agree with what you said earlier 💁🏻‍♀️ Oops is defff more catchier and all but that bridge to final chorus in baby and she’s says “don’t you kno I still believe” as libs while the chorus is playing is soooo good followed by  “ gimme a signnnnnn” is sooooooo fkn good. You really feel homegirls emotion and to me that makes its soooo good.
I miss old Britney songs. But I do like oops final chorus to Bc she kinda belts it’s out also but baby has that weight on it idk it gives me the feellssss.

Omg the highlight of Baby for me is also the piano in the bridge followed by the “give me a siiiign, hmbomt” with that flawless chord progression. It’s literally what makes the song so perfect and a representation of what made 90s music so amazing. But also the last two finishing choruses of Oops are literally perfection. The belt, ad-libs, and overlap of choruses...EVERYTHINGGGGGGFFF...omg a MOMENT in pop music history most pleasing to me.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

It always seemed politically correct to prefer Baby over Oops 

Because basic wannabes think it's edgy to say Baby because it's from "the 90s" and if you didn't grow up in the 90s, it's cool to like anything 90s cause they think it makes you look cultured and tasteful. I mean, yeah tea. But, like, I can't with the fakery. F ing bandwagonners. :rihit:

And this is coming from a real 90s kid. :chrissy:

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Because basic wannabes think it's edgy to say Baby because it's from "the 90s" and if you didn't grow up in the 90s, it's cool to like anything 90s cause they think it makes you look cultured and tasteful. I mean, yeah tea. But, like, I can't with the fakery. F ing bandwagonners. :rihit:

And this is coming from a real 90s kid. :chrissy:

Not one single lie was spoken  :chrissy: Oops deserved to be on all those decade-end and all-time lists the way BOMT and Toxic were :chrissy:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Periottt luv VJqYKpw.gif

I mean, I personally prefer Oops, and that's what I voted for, but it's very difficult.

BOMT is great on its own, its impact is undeniable, it launched her career, and without it, Oops wouldn't exist. But Oops, just took everything BOMT was and made it better. Many would call it a copy, and it really is very similar in its structure, like the skeleton of the song (I don't know any technical terms :haha:)  and precisely because it's a copy, you would expect something basic and lame, but somehow it managed to produce an identity of its own, and really take it to another level.

• Love 7
On 7/1/2020 at 9:45 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, I personally prefer Oops, and that's what I voted for, but it's very difficult.

BOMT is great on its own, its impact is undeniable, it launched her career, and without it, Oops wouldn't exist. But Oops, just took everything BOMT was and made it better. Many would call it a copy, and it really is very similar in its structure, like the skeleton of the song (I don't know any technical terms :haha:)  and precisely because it's a copy, you would expect something basic and lame, but somehow it managed to produce an identity of its own, and really take it to another level.

Oops is like the prettier, younger sister whereas BOMT is the head of the household. Somehow both are so unique and iconic in their own ways despite them being very similar in structure 

• Love 3
  • Like 2