iPhone 12 reportedly won't come with a charger or EarPods

• Leader

charger.jpg.e3062e1747a6b466baba729c804917be.jpg

There's a new rumor floating around that's left a bad taste in the mouths of Apple lovers.

There are whispers that the new iPhone 12 won't include a charger - that it'll be sold separately.

If you've been an iPhone user for years like me, this might not be a big deal. I have three chargers scattered throughout my apartment. However, if you're a first-time buyer... that's annoying to have to also buy the charger. That'd be like buying a Playstation 5 and having to buy the controller as well. 

"Apple will instead release a new 20W power adapter as an optional accessory for iPhones and end production of its existing 5W and 18W power adapters later this year. The form factor of the new 20W power adapter is said to be similar to the 18W version, with USB-C Power Delivery for fast charging, as seen in the leaked photo below," MacRumors reports. 

20-watt-power-adapter-iphone-12-mr-white

"iPhone 12 production costs will significantly increase due to 5G support, but he expects Apple to sell the new models at a comparable price to its iPhone 11 lineup, and removing the EarPods and power adapter from the box is one way to reduce costs. Apple would likely also tout the environmental benefits of such a move... Apple [will still] include a Lightning to USB-C cable in the box as the only accessory included with iPhone 12 models."

Thoughts, Exhale? Are you getting the new iPhone this year? Or... are we holding off?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Im Also iphone lover but

15 years ago an Ipod came with cable, stickers, case, protectors 

right now everyday is getting more cheaper without been (Im Talking to the Venezuelan and Latin Market who needs to buy it in full price because there's no operator  or programs to finance it)

• Like 1

I'm sure, like most people, my first reaction is "wtf, how could a phone not ship with a charger?" But after thinking about it, it kinda makes sense in a few ways:

• Lower cost iPhones. The cheapest iPhone 12 is supposed to start at $650 and have 5G and an OLED screen. 5G modems are expensive and that's a pretty big value for any 5G phone, let alone an iPhone. With less things being included, it allows the phone to be cheaper and only those that need the chargers/headphones ahving to pay for them instead of every iPhone buyer having to pay for things they might not need.
  • Efficiency: This kinda goes off my first point, but most people probably already have chargers and headphone these days. I know I literally have 7-10 chargers in regular use and probably another stored away 10 from old devices. This goes along with Apple's philosophy of simplicity and less is more. If most people don't need a charger or earbuds, why waste the money and materials to make so many of them? 
  • Environment: Less waste = better for the environment

It's still really going to suck though if it's your first iPhone ever or in a while though. I still appreciate getting more chargers and having backup earbuds when I get a new device too. 

• Like 3
  • Super Mods
18 minutes ago, vzlafan said:

Im Also iphone lover but

15 years ago an Ipod came with cable, stickers, case, protectors 

right now everyday is getting more cheaper without been (Im Talking to the Venezuelan and Latin Market who needs to buy it in full price because there's no operator  or programs to finance it)

While cleaning up my room, I found my old iPod boxes and still have the stickers. I miss those! Like it cost pennies for them, bring them back!

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Why people support this trash mediocre company is beyond me? iPhones are literally the most mediocre smart phones on the market at this point, they're just selling their brand (and as a marketing expert i salute them tbh, I hope their marketing teams are paid in millions because they are genius). I'm amazed how people can't see through this though? Literally any manufacturer on the market is better than iPhone and Samsung at this point. The Chinese have been stomping Apple with Huawei and Xiaomi in terms of quality and fair pricing. 

Why would you wanna pay 1200+ USD for a phone that comes with specs barely worth 500? I don't get it :mhmsureny:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I swear, if they are going to remove everything then yall might have to expect Iphone "Air" and remove the phone itself in the coming years :imok: And apple dares to call this "innovation"?? :clownery: But i guess Tim Cook is too busy cooking expensive, basic and trash bull****

Spoiler

dont read this because i am gonna pull extreme shade :jj:

Spoiler

And yall stupid apple sheeps would even proceed to buy that :unbothered:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

This is a bad move. I'm sorry, but you can't sell a phone without including AT LEAST charging capabilities that doesn't require the consumer to purchase another product. The headphones, fine I guess I understand that but not the charger. That's ridiculous.

And this is coming from a HUGE Apple products lover. I have the latest iPhone 11 pro max, an iPad pro 12.9 inch, the newest Macbook Pro laptop. I plan on buying the iPhone 12 pro max when it comes out but, again, not providing charging capability with a device like this is idiotic, IMO.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block