Is this Video the start to what changed her?

MikeMasi

I won't go to in too much detail with this video, but I re watched this video with Dianne Sawyer and I have to say it's really uncomfortable to watch.

Diane made her feel very uncomfortable and even asked her questions if she even likes her own voice. The shade from what she does, to being nude on magazines (Britney explained that so many other female celebrities do it too, and yet she kept attacking Britney and digging further.)

The worst part was that she continued to analyze her for everything from picking her nails, not having *** before marriage and even talking about what "she did" to Justin Timberlake.  

Do we think this was the first time Britney felt uncomfortable by the media and against the world? Is this what slowly caused her to be what she is today?

Interestingly enough, when I met Britney in 2017, Felicia told me she is very reserved and shy, but the fact is her reactions were quick and to the point in the interview (even if she stumbled a bit because of Diane). 

What I liked about Britney was that she didn't care about what others said and she would quickly shut it down. 

Her reaction when a photographer asked for a photo of her, she replied "you have to be quick to catch me" and later said she wants to just shoot them all with a water gun. This was in her Zone concert special.

Or remember when someone asked her how much her house was worth and she replied "that's not of your business." This was in DWAD during her Mexico leg.

When Britney had her meltdown in 2007, it was a scary time but we all for the most part understood it. She went through a break up, a divorce, she was being watched for everything she did and didn't do and then being questioned as a mother. She also lost her grandmother, I believe? 

And then after we see her jump back (her comeback shall we say) and open up for an interview 'For the Record' in 2008.  think we all wanted to know why she wanted to shave her head, but she said "it's no ones business." And still from that documentary, we heard how she felt about her past, Justin, and even Kevin. We also heard her  say "what the hell was I thinking?"

Her personal life is her personal life. What I have to question is why can't Britney speak out on everything the past two years. Why is it all a secret and if she wants help, why is't she asking for it?

The media depicts her as "mental" and she doesn't fire back.  

https://theblast.com/c/Britney-spears-skimpy-instagram-fashion-show-deemed-not-normal-fans-worry

She posts these videos and doesn't even speak on why Domination was really shut or if and when she will ever come back to the stage. There are fans that comment and truly are worried asking her if she's alright and she doesn't say anything. This is a time where I think she should speak to the world. Avoiding it doesn't help anything and if she was honest, I'm sure she would have more people understand than not. 

The point to this is what's her deal? Although I understand why she may hate the media, why is it that she is possibly giving up on her career and being very different on instagram? What do we think went wrong?

It wasn't all that long ago when we got this amazing interview from her in 2016. It's clear from the audience that she is more liked than disliked.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

No, I don’t think that is. She handled it well, it just caught her off guard. She talks about it with Jimmy. I know Larry wasn’t happy about that and that’s why they demand final approval of all media stuff. 

No, that video exaclty is the proof that she doesn't have any type of preparation for this kind of stuff, after 4 years of succesfull career you think a interview is still britney who inspires you? what inspired baby one more time? NOOOO 

That is bad management, but you have one if you let them 

3 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

For me, it is this.

Maybe not exactly this moment. But definitely around this time. Our first on record footage of Britney in rebellion and really owning the IDGAF attitude - which we all know eventually got out of hand. :mattafact:

:imacat:

I remember how huge this moment was back then. I remember thinking to myself why are they making such a big deal about her going to the beach. I didn't even realize that she was debuting a new bf but yeah Kfed was not a good influence on her.

25 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

No, I don’t think that is. She handled it well, it just caught her off guard. She talks about it with Jimmy. I know Larry wasn’t happy about that and that’s why they demand final approval of all media stuff. 

Wow I never noticed this before, but even back then she was very uhm how do I put this... trippy? Not the right word, look at her leg, it's like she is bursting with energy, her leg keeps shaking, just like her hands do in recent years when she sits down for interviews.

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, nakedsoldier said:

Wow I never noticed this before, but even back then she was very uhm how do I put this... trippy? Not the right word, look at her leg, it's like she is bursting with energy, her leg keeps shaking, just like her hands do in recent years when she sits down for interviews.

It’s pretty obvious she was experimenting with *****. It was said somewhere she and William Orbit snuck into a shed at some party smoking weed. It’s Hollywood where coke is rampant. Honestly I don’t judge her, she was age appropriate, like any college person would do, party and let loose. 

22 minutes ago, nakedsoldier said:

I think that’s just an ADHD thing honestly. She may have actively tried to suppress it earlier in her career.

2 hours ago, nakedsoldier said:

I’m pretty sure she’s always had some anxiety. And that she was using aderall like most celebrities did back then. 

17 hours ago, EasyThere said:

Not really. She was clearly trying to clean up her image with that video hence why she was slightly more reserved from her attitude to her clothing.

Real change in Britney started with Onyx tour but first major change was when she hooked up with Kevin. I hate this expression but she started to act like trailer trash around that time.

So maybe xtina's blunt comment was right when she was asked about britney and kevin. xtina's said britney bought the engagement ring and that's she's not a trailer trash but she acted like one?

I don't think this interview is what changed her, no. In fact ,when you listen to the interview I think it's clear that what changed Britney was the breakup with Justin. She started to change and go down a different path after that, and this interview imo was kind of her last attempt to preserve that image she and her team had worked so hard to maintain but the cracks had already started to show at this point. 

Archived