The Randonautica app is weird

So I used to do geocaching and was recently told to try the Randonautica app. 

Randonautica is a mobile app that uses a quantum random number generator to give you a set of coordinates for your local area. The idea is to encourage you to explore your area with an idea in mind of what you'd like to come across.

I attempted one in passing the other day but couldn't find anything (I didn't read the damn instructions).  The next day I saw this story:  

What IS randonauting? Inside the controversial online scavenger hunt that led teens to find human remains in a suitcase - and has sent dozens of other people to creepy scenes and scary messages - Daily Mail

So I did some research and apparently you are supposed to "manifest" what you want to find.  

How could this work?  *edit* I added less creepy video 

Opinions??

randonauts.jpg.c1d68855859364ec040049aae51fe177.jpg

30 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

So I used to do geocaching and was recently told to try Randonautica.  I attempted one in passing the other day but couldn't find anything (I didn't read the damn instructions).  The next day I saw this story:  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8459815/What-randonauting-trend-led-teens-suitcase-human-remains-explained.html

So I did some research and apparently you are supposed to "manifest" what you want to find.  

How could this work?  

Opinions??

I was trying to go to sleep! :crying4:

I’m going to have nightmares. :wontcry:

#IKnowWhyYoureCancelled

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I’ll watch them tomorrow—during the day. :sobbing: It’s too late for scary 💩

I changed the video in the OP - IDK why the others had unrelated thumbnails.  Basically, it is a scavenger hunt app.  Previous apps like this used GPS chips for tracking but Randonautica allegedly doesn't and it lets you find something that matches your "intentions".  It's weird. 

2 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I changed the video in the OP - IDK why the others had unrelated thumbnails.  Basically, it is a scavenger hunt app.  Previous apps like this used GPS chips for tracking but Randonautica allegedly doesn't and it lets you find something that matches your "intentions".  It's weird. 

What channel were they from?

Am i the only one that thinks that there’s an app that feeds into the randonautica app? Example: I wannna manifest creepy vibes...it alerts the “creeper” and gives you the coordinates of where the said creeper lives and they wait around for you :umok:...i might have to try it and see :ririshade2:

None of these vids creeped me out. my friends and i used to drive around when we were in HS/College n look for trouble without an app. Guess what we found? tRoUbLe:sponge:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block