Is this the beginning of end of Beyonce?

Justaboy

The power and influence of Beyonce is undeniable. She works her arse off in everything she puts her fingers in. However, her whole "representing African/black culture" and cashing on it, was and is getting bit problematic. And finally someone finally called her out. Beehive, please take your swarms to some swamp, if you are offended by this. Read the article here:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/nigerian-model-drags-beyonce-on-social-media-for-culture-misrepresentation/amp/

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a Beyonce fan; I do think she is overrated when it comes to artistry, writing credits, proudction credits etc. but if Beyonce is being hurt for literally releasing music about being black, then I think that should make us look at the greater context; she is risking her own career to make a point. That should be admired. 

I always disliked that Beyonce kinda bandwagonned on certain issues but not actually make statements herself, but that's what she's doing now. Props where props are due.

I Stan Beyonce but this girl is right

I Think the same with all those artist to support everything but don't come to latin america, i mean there's no money to lose, they just don't want to come and that's it!

BTW one thing is this article and other the end of bey.. and NOT... she's not ending

if u don't like beyonce its ok i respect your opinion, and please respect mine 

did the model deactivate her ig? :orangu:

girl has valid points though. i especially like the point she made about not all Africans are hunters, because true enough a lot of these countries have also modernized. while there's no denying that their cultures are still there, i think it's best to leave this to African artists on how they would like to represent themselves in terms of music and the arts. a platform as huge as Beyoncé's will inevitably inlfuence others into thinking what Dimssoo pointed out are problematic points about this whole project. :typing:

plus we all know she doesn't entirely wrote, researched, directed this as she claims. if this project is well-researched, i don't think Beyoncé could even finish this in one year. the sheer number of tribal groups across all African nations is huge, so picking one particular group and labelling it as "Africa" is indeed irresponsible. :typing:

Commercially, the beginning of the end for Beyoncé was “everything is love”. After that the lion king soundtrack flopped, and then it was announced that she and tidal are being investigated for inflating streaming numbers for lemonade. Beyoncé will always be relevant in pop culture, but I do think her commercial success is...done. She didn’t even bring high ratings to the BET awards...they only got 3.7 million viewers Sunday. That’s less viewers than love and hip hop and 90 day fiancé get

:makeup:
But I’m a fan of Beyoncé, I just wish she’d give us b’day, Sasha fierce Beyoncé back. Her making everything a “surprise” and “grand” and “over the top” only makes her seem out of touch and narcissist....

1 hour ago, MathCarmignani said:

does this girl have a point? :zoomzoom: idk about going to Africa on her tours (i thought she did tbh) but about the Yoruba culture... :(

She performed in South Africa less than 2 years ago. It was a special version of OTR II for Global Citizen months after it ended with special guests and some songs she didn't perform normally on OTR II. She also went on tour to Africa in 2009 (Egypt and a cancelled show in Ethiopia) and in 2007 (Ethiopia)

She skipped Africa for The Formation World Tour (where she skipped Latin America, Oceania and Asia too) and The Mrs. Carter Show World tour (where she skipped Asia too).

So it's a lie that she never tours in Africa.

She just signed a multimillion deal with Disney. She’s not going anywhere. Maybe all the extra unnecessary hype and praise when it isn’t due will stop though. I like some of her songs. But she’s been overrated for years. 

• Content Curators
2 hours ago, TripToYourLove<3 said:

Sorry, but this is dumb. She’s a black woman. If she wants to make music about black culture then what is problematic...

can we stop trying to find issues with EVERYONE? it’s exhausting and stupid. 

THIS 

like I am born and brought up in the United States but my parents immigrated from india

if I ever had the platform Beyoncé had I would FOR SURE implement the indian culture that I was brought up with to the United States that’s very much closed off in knowledge in other cultures etc  
y’all are wack

and I think we can all tell why Britney fans hate Beyoncé so much 

Archived