Katy Perry says she lost her smile after 'Witness' underperformed

4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Thank you for posting this @ColdAsFire88. I actually didn't post this originally because I was so turned off how the media spun this.

CNN, People, huge publications used a headline that implied she wanted to commit suicide. It was based off this sentence: 

"Gratitude is probably the thing that saved my life, because if I didn't find that I would have wallowed in my own sadness and probably just jumped but I found the ways to be grateful."

I honestly don't believe she was being literal. Maybe I'm just naive. But it's an expression. Instead, everyone used it as a clickbait headline (look, I get it, I'm guilty of it too sometimes) and it didn't sit well with me. 

They do this with any female pop star over 30 it’s ridiculous.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Oookay.... But what Britney should think after the 2007 year and its failed VMA, Britney Jean and Glory then? :zoomzoom:

What Fergie should think after the fail of Double Duchess and all of these years spent for prepairing it, the failed performance for the US Anthem? :icant2:

It's completly normal, many times, singers :flop: badly but they can always comeback and show what they are able to. Just like Britney with Circus. :)

If you ever watch Britney’s for the record documentary she was extremely embarrassed after the VMAs , I think it’s extremely hard for artists to go from number 1 to dead last in an instant.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Jakeuskhan said:

If you ever watch Britney’s for the record documentary she was extremely embarrassed after the VMAs , I think it’s extremely hard for artists to go from number 1 to dead last in an instant.

That's what I actually say, Britney went into more difficult and sad moments in her life, essentially in 2007, she received a lot of hates due to this performance, even on TV news, they said "RIP 1998-2007 Britney's career" or "Gimme Less" and even "Truly forgettable". But she proved us that she is strong with the Circus comeback.

We don't know how it was hard for Katy, but the flop that Britney had was even worst than Katy's, that's what I point. Because Britney's breakdown was highly popular and exposed to the whole world, she received a lot of hate, she went from the superstar and almost perfect girl to a cheap pop star looser (not my words but it's how people said about her).

• Like 2

y'all are so harsh toward her i feel..i know she made mean comments about britney but I've seen so many artists get stanned here that ripped on Britney back in the day harder than katy ever did in jest...idk. i think it's fascinating to hear her comments on it. i don't feel like we get to hear people speak candidly after they fall too often, at least from people her stature. i enjoy when we do get to hear it because it's very interesting and endears them to me.  

also, someone mentioned how gaga apparently didn't victimize herself as much after she flopped, but like gaga also had some glaring differences aka her working with, and defending R Kelly, more or less making a mockery of the victims of his abuse...Katy made disrespectful comments about Britney. definitely one is worse than the other but Britney being our fav is blinding some to that i feel...

• Like 1

gurl how many times do you have to emphasize that you took flopping so hard? like, we get it. you wanna show you can comeback. one time you say the charts don't matter, but every now and then you reference the underperformance of Hitless? like gurl are u trying to create your own Glitter? ain't gonna happen sis :chrissy:

the others who flopped before you made a comeback without talking a lot about how they flopped and that it made them desperate for a comeback that will score another #1. TEOM, Confessions, Circus did not reach this level of desperation, the let the music speak for itself and let the public judge it and support it without painting the narrative "poor me. i'm a flop now, i need a comeback. please support me." :chrissy:

maybe she's that afraid to take the throne of Christina. look at our girl, 3 consecutive flops and she doesn't even care :chrissy:

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I guess I'm one of the only ones that's gonna show some compassion for Katy :teigen:

Jordan don't even, you were one of the one's who came for her the hardest when Taylor started lashing out for no reason.

I felt bad for the Taylor BS cuz Katy didn't deserve that.

But Katy's not completely innocent either. Especially for how often she's come for Britney and Britney has never once said anything mean about her.

There are checks and balances in the world and it's called karma, Katy is going through hers.

Playing the victim is NEVER the answer, pick yourself up, dust off, and move on.

A pity party is never cute.

22 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I guess I'm one of the only ones that's gonna show some compassion for Katy :teigen:

I don’t understand such hard feeling either. She clearly was going through something as you already talked about. I have to Katy her props...she’s been promoting consistently even though she is very pregnant. 

that's why if you're an *** karma comes bite you in the a##. 

you never act superior just because you're at peak thinking you're untargetable or won't experience decay/decrease in fame, YOU KATHERINE ELIZABETH HUDSON, mocked the mentality of a mother, sweet, human being on national TV not once but twice deserve what's happening to you as a reminder to act human, and who knows what else you did that adds to the punishment you're experiencing now, no one deserves unhappiness upon anyone, and i'm not saying like "HAHAHA YES GET HER JADE" but that's a lesson and she should accept the consequences. period. :yaknow:  hope she takes care of herself and her upcoming child and be happy <3

• Super Mods
On 6/30/2020 at 5:57 PM, OnlyFacts said:

I really want her to explain to us why we should feel bad for her when she made a mockery of Britney’s mental health on three (3) separate occasions. Mental health is a serious problem and should NEVER be taken lightly. It’s unfortunate that witness flopping led her on such a downfall. Many of us are depressed, terrified, and trying to stay alive because people are shooting us simply because of our skin color - I wish the only thing I was depressed over was my album flopping. Best of luck to her

We all have our problems and to ewch person their problems seem the biggest and hardest in the world. As much as I simpathyse with the fact black people have it hard, it is definitely not an excuse to claim other people's problems are silly I'm sorry.

12 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

We all have our problems and to ewch person their problems seem the biggest and hardest in the world. As much as I simpathyse with the fact black people have it hard, it is definitely not an excuse to claim other people's problems are silly I'm sorry.

I never said anyone’s problems are “silly”, I said I wish the only thing I was depressed over was an album flopping. Please do not try to equate that to people being depressed over the fear of being slaughtered because of their skin color. My comment says mental health is a serious problem and shouldn’t be taken lightly. Almost everyone struggles with mental health issues, and most of the world is dealing with it right now during this global pandemic. So, please stop. My comment was very supportive of Katy and I wished her well. 

• Like 1

Imagine all the talented singers (more talented than Katy) who never get passed the judges table on American Idol (ironically judged by Katy herself these days). Those are the people I feel bad about, who have dreams and never get to realize them on a major platform like Katy. 

I have no pity for this mediocre musician and performer. Boo hoo you flopped one album, sweetie get back in the studio and make better music. Her problem is that she's pretentious as hell and still can't believe her work is flopping. Too bad Bonnie McKee and Dr. Luke are no longer there to give you hits, and your fans have outgrown your stupid costumes and childish concepts. She's over, and ironically it all started when she mocked Britney's own difficult times. :chrissy: Oh karma, you've struct again.

If we are going to be completely and 100% honest. The truth behind the fall of her career.... she cut her hair and went blonde. The dramatic change in looks. As superficial as that sounds, it’s facts. She cut her hair, and made songs that weren’t her style and didn’t resonate with her fans and locals as much as she anticipated.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block