Katy Perry says she lost her smile after 'Witness' underperformed

57 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Thank you for posting this @ColdAsFire88. I actually didn't post this originally because I was so turned off how the media spun this.

CNN, People, huge publications used a headline that implied she wanted to commit suicide. It was based off this sentence: 

"Gratitude is probably the thing that saved my life, because if I didn't find that I would have wallowed in my own sadness and probably just jumped but I found the ways to be grateful."

I honestly don't believe she was being literal. Maybe I'm just naive. But it's an expression. Instead, everyone used it as a clickbait headline (look, I get it, I'm guilty of it too sometimes) and it didn't sit well with me. 

Wow they did? I think ultimately shes happy, pregnant and about to marry the man of her dreams. I think her drive needs to be acknowledged too. Most pop stars throw in the towel when they’re expecting but gals like MIA and Cardi helped change that.

I also understand peoples stance on her mentioning mental health and the Britney comments, but I have forgiven Katy :jj:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I thought she didn't care now? She can't keep her story straight for a week...we get it you want people to feel sorry for you. Oh woe is me Katy Perry with millions in the bank and a happy healthy life.

Shes nothing but a has been now, and its what she deserves for making fun of someone with Mental health issues.

As Katy once said about Mariah "shes always good for a throwback", well now shes her own words, and everyone only remembers her for her one album Teenage Dream

- Alestaos

• Like 1

Oookay.... But what Britney should think after the 2007 year and its failed VMA, Britney Jean and Glory then? :zoomzoom:

What Fergie should think after the fail of Double Duchess and all of these years spent for prepairing it, the failed performance for the US Anthem? :icant2:

It's completly normal, many times, singers :flop: badly but they can always comeback and show what they are able to. Just like Britney with Circus. :)

• Like 1

Sorry but she actually started this, it all began with the Taylor Swift feud, she played with fire and got burned. right after that single she started sinking and never came back. 

Plus. Let's not forget her attitudes with joking and using Britney breakdown era, and also not supporting Kesha during her hard legal time with Dr. Luke where they were bestfriends. She could've show at least some support or anything in between, and she played the silent game.. funny to mention. she draw a "heart" on Kesha picture in an interview, really? bummer. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Wow they did? I think ultimately shes happy, pregnant and about to marry the man of her dreams. I think her drive needs to be acknowledged too. Most pop stars throw in the towel when they’re expecting but gals like MIA and Cardi helped change that.

I also understand peoples stance on her mentioning mental health and the Britney comments, but I have forgiven Katy :jj:

Not to be a Debbie downer, or a Karen, but I don’t think Orlando is going to marry Katy. He left her once (which led to witness), then they pushed back their wedding date only a few months after being engaged (way before the pandemic), and now she’s pregnant. I honestly think she got pregnant in an attempt to keep him (unfortunately some people do that). He doesn’t want to be tied down, I mean he left beautiful Miranda Kerr over not wanting to be tied down. I think he wants to be a career bachelor, and unfortunately I think Katy is desperate for him. It’s beautiful that she’s expecting and I’m truly happy for her (I’m not hating on her at all). I want Katy to be happy and healthy. But it’s clear after the witness debacle that she’s kinda desperate for him since she changed direction of her album from purposeful poop to breakup songs, then chopped her hair off, then went on a weird big brother type live feed and cried for 4 days because of her breakup....

real housewives of orange county discussion GIF

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

Doesn't she know the whole victim thing only works for Taylor because of her lower echelon fans?

We expect better from you Katy.

This is her karma for any rude thing she ever said about Britney.

She needs to get over it, dust herself off, and put out some bops already...

and also for what she did to Kesha, she's a coward. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

I mean Katy Perry, for not coming forward for Kesha and staying silent. But doesn't bother to put hearts in interviews on Kesha lol. 

Oh yes, I agree in that regard. I think Luke has something on her and that’s why Katy testified in his defense. Or she’s just desperate to work with Luke again. But she should’ve helped Kesha more, rather than basically saying he’s innocent because.....

fred willard christopher GIF

• Like 3
1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

Oh yes, I agree in that regard. I think Luke has something on her and that’s why Katy testified in his defense. Or she’s just desperate to work with Luke again. But she should’ve helped Kesha more, rather than basically saying he’s innocent because.....

fred willard christopher GIF

she didn't say Dr. Luke was innocent, I think she just played safe and stayed silent. I highly suspect she still would want to keep him to keep doing music with him, which were her only major hits. the only thing she came for court was that "text" between gaga and kesha, which was kinda ridiculous as well but either way. Dr.Luke is filthy and Katy a disappointment in my opinion.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stefani said:

She took flopping really hard huh? Gaga took it even harder and she got more backlash for it in 2013-2014 yet still managed to bounce back, so it irritates me that Katy keeps victimizing herself.

Right? Like Gaga took it HARD and gained weight after flopping with artpop. Meanwhile all the GP needs from Katy is the black wig and we’re back in business. Well, kinda back in business...not full time...maybe only Tuesday and Thursday since Katy’s attitude is still nasty lol

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

she didn't say Dr. Luke was innocent, I think she just played safe and stayed silent. I highly suspect she still would want to keep him to keep doing music with him, which were her only major hits. the only thing she came for court was that "text" between gaga and kesha, which was kinda ridiculous as well but either way. Dr.Luke is filthy and Katy a disappointment in my opinion.

It’s honestly such a mess and I really wish Vh1 would make a love and hip hop spin off with pop music and cast Katy, Kesha, Dr Luke, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato and Kim Petras. It would be entertainment gold. Gahh, one can wish.

Just now, OnlyFacts said:

It’s honestly such a mess and I really wish Vh1 would make a love and hip hop spin off with pop music and cast Katy, Kesha, Dr Luke, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato and Kim Petras. Gahh, one can wish.

I kinda miss those e! true hollywood shows ngl, it would be a good one :schoolingtime::typing: good ol times

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block