Rina Sawayama covers Lady Gaga's "Dance In The Dark"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

rina-dance.jpg.f21a5dd869cad9a76f6ce60a89189ce5.jpg

Rina Sawayama released a cover of Lady Gaga's "Dance in the Dark," a song featured on Gaga's 2009 album The Fame Monster

Rina's version is far more dreamy than Gaga's intergalactic dance-floor banger, however she managed to capture the magic of the original. It's got a vibey, '80s-tinged production to soundtrack Rina's airy vocals.

Her “Dance In The Dark” cover is being released as part of Spotify’s Pride Singles series.

Give it a spin below. Thoughts, Exhale? Do you like Rina's version? 

Related:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Friday Yall,

Listening to the new music Friday on Spotify and stumbled upon this great Lady Gaga cover by Rina Sawayama of Dance in the Dark. 

The cover sticks close to the original while balancing it out with a more somber tone and arrangement. I think she did great, thoughts?

Sending out love,

ALEXscooby doo love GIF by Boomerang Official

• Leader
1 hour ago, UncannyX-Man2099 said:

Happy Friday Yall,

Listening to the new music Friday on Spotify and stumbled upon this great Lady Gaga cover by Rina Sawayama of Dance in the Dark. 

The cover sticks close to the original while balancing it out with a more somber tone and arrangement. I think she did great, thoughts?

Sending out love,

ALEXscooby doo love GIF by Boomerang Official

Already posted my friend! @UncannyX-Man2099 🙏 Merged yours into the orig. Hope you don't mind. Huge thank you though for contributing this! It really is a great cover!

Archived